follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, undefindedt

Old 04-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #9381
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
At least at my dealership it does. =\
while we're on the topic of shitty jobs... from what I've heard you got:
- lousy parking situation (gravel, uncovered lot area)
- getting dinged on your reviews for trivial things by customers

wasn't there something else? why are you still working there again?
Old 04-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #9382
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
while we're on the topic of shitty jobs... from what I've heard you got:
- lousy parking situation (gravel, uncovered lot area)
- getting dinged on your reviews for trivial things by customers

wasn't there something else? why are you still working there again?
Lol. Where else can I work? I've let my recreational therapist license lapse.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #9383
SWP

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Baseball is back \o/

--

I like super/hypercars and that kinda stuff, but not necessarily being swamped by just those. Would like a good mix of everything.

Yeah.. I don't mind exotics much. I enjoy Lambos and McLarens, but like I said with FirstWinter, a mix would be better otherwise it's kinda like just.. admiring a lot of rich people cars. It's nice they have them but I don't necessarily want to spend an hour or more just to look at people showing off their fancy cars. haha.
If you're interested, you should check out Cars & Coffee at Canepa in Scotts Valley. It's a little bit of a trek but a much wider variety of cars. And the garage and showroom are open to the public so you'll be able to see more than you ever bargained for there. The first one of the season is this weekend.
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SWP For This Useful Post:
PMok (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #9384
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Lol. Where else can I work? I've let my recreational therapist license lapse.
I dunno man... just giving you some external perspective. if you love your job or if there's no where else you can go, then stay with it. but job sites like monster.com would have you believe, that the perfect job for you is out there somewhere waiting...
Old 04-04-2017, 07:47 PM   #9385
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
I dunno man... just giving you some external perspective. if you love your job or if there's no where else you can go, then stay with it. but job sites like monster.com would have you believe, that the perfect job for you is out there somewhere waiting...
I've used those sites before. Didn't lead anywhere.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #9386
LANWarlordII

Drives: 15 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Lol sad part is that i took it in when everything was stock as far as audio stuff goes and they did nothing. I was pretty heated. the antenna should still be under warranty but at the same time i don't mind paying a bit to get it working.

Quote:
I would have brought it up as soon as I noticed it. Maybe hard to get it under warranty now since you've changed some stuff already.
LANWarlordII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #9387
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANWarlordII View Post
Lol sad part is that i took it in when everything was stock as far as audio stuff goes and they did nothing. I was pretty heated. the antenna should still be under warranty but at the same time i don't mind paying a bit to get it working.
Should have taken it to another dealership. If it's obvious that the radio signal was crap, they should have diagnosed the issue.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #9388
FirstWinter

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Dropped off the car today at the dealer for CEL code P000A that keeps turning on and off. Hope they fix whatever is wrong with it. I think it's gonna be there for a loooong time. Probably should've took off the oil cooler first though lol
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #9389
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
So I've had 0 credit even though I'm 24 with a good job for multiple reasons.

I haven't been able to get _any_ credit cards (though I never applied for a secured card), and getting a loan for the BRZ to finance, even with my dad co-signing was almost impossible.

My first payment for the car went through last night and this morning I finally have a credit score \o/. Maybe that means I will finally be able to get a credit card, because I'm finding that just using a bank card doesn't work for everything and it makes things a pain in the ass.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:15 PM   #9390
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstWinter View Post
Dropped off the car today at the dealer for CEL code P000A that keeps turning on and off. Hope they fix whatever is wrong with it. I think it's gonna be there for a loooong time. Probably should've took off the oil cooler first though lol
Hmmm... "Cam shaft position A - timing slow response bank 1", seems like a reach to blame that on the oil cooler, but yes, if you are trying to go in for warranty, it would have been wise to take off anything "related" to the issue.

Quote:

I haven't been able to get _any_ credit cards (though I never applied for a secured card), and getting a loan for the BRZ to finance, even with my dad co-signing was almost impossible.

My first payment for the car went through last night and this morning I finally have a credit score \o/. Maybe that means I will finally be able to get a credit card, because I'm finding that just using a bank card doesn't work for everything and it makes things a pain in the ass.
How do you not have credit? I didn't even think that was possible. I guess I just figured the moment you existed, credit card companies are ready to pounce to extort you of your money. Heck, even my daughter, who's 3, gets credit card applications
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #9391
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:

Credit score is just one factor. Credit history is another. Wait a few months and try so something is a bit more established. Credit unions are your best bet. Citibank and Wells Fargo have harder criteria then most.

This is my personal experiance though so ymmv

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #9392
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
How do you not have credit? I didn't even think that was possible. I guess I just figured the moment you existed, credit card companies are ready to pounce to extort you of your money. Heck, even my daughter, who's 3, gets credit card applications
Haha. Just never was attached to anything that would earn me credit. Parents didn't add me to their credit cards, didn't help me with a student credit card. This was my first time buying a car, so I've never had loans to pay off till now, etc.

It's weird because I'd get credit applications and over the past 2-3 years I'd try applying, but they always came back and said "no credit score/history available, denied".

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Credit score is just one factor. Credit history is another. Wait a few months and try so something is a bit more established. Credit unions are your best bet. Citibank and Wells Fargo have harder criteria then most.

This is my personal experiance though so ymmv
Yeah, that's what I've heard, so I probably won't be applying right away. Will wait for a few more payments to go through and see how it goes.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #9393
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
^This. Don't know what you're using to finance your car now, but I've always had much better rates with credit unions. I had a really good rate for the BRZ through my work's credit union but now using Golden 1 since I left, not as good but still better than Chase/Wells Fargo/BoA when I was shopping around.

Quote:
Haha. Just never was attached to anything that would earn me credit. Parents didn't add me to their credit cards, didn't help me with a student credit card. This was my first time buying a car, so I've never had loans to pay off till now, etc.

It's weird because I'd get credit applications and over the past 2-3 years I'd try applying, but they always came back and said "no credit score/history available, denied".
Haha, That's true, I guess getting credit applications doesn't mean you have credit. I think it's because we have her in our bank accounts, college funds, etc. so now her name is out there.

Now... what if I opened a credit card under her name for car parts... mwuahahaha (I'm kidding, credit fraud is a horrible thing, I have a couple of friends who are still trying to recover because of crap parents who've done this very thing. No car, no house, low income jobs, etc.)
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:48 PM   #9394
driggity

Drives: Silver Coupe with a Boxer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I've heard, so I probably won't be applying right away. Will wait for a few more payments to go through and see how it goes.

The other thing to look for is a credit card with a small credit line to start with. Then just keep using it and paying it off every month to build your credit score/history. Someday you'll be old and start getting cards with a way higher credit line than you would use. Unless you feel the need to buy a car on your credit card.
driggity is offline   Reply With Quote