follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2016, 11:31 PM   #15
deejaylew

Drives: AP1 Honda S2000, Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
January is the shipping date,
Depending on your market area and where your particular car is received at port you may get it in January, February or even March. That is of course if there are no delays.
Maybe my dealership is wrong but I was given an estimated arrival of January and told it would be typical for an order like this to arrive in December. I take them at their word since they do this everyday.
deejaylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:47 PM   #16
prj3ctm4yh3m

Drives: CRV AWD 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaylew View Post
Same here. January seems to be the date for the first batch of orders.
my still shows NOV for PP for whatever reason
prj3ctm4yh3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #17
Zoh

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prj3ctm4yh3m View Post
my still shows NOV for PP for whatever reason
When I originally ordered mine, I was going to get the PP and was quoted November also, however I ended up deciding I'd rather get the car 2 months earlier and forego the performance package since I'm not going to be tracking the car anyway. The only thing I really wanted/cared about was the wheels, but I like the new stock rims as well, so didn't bother me all that much.

- Zoh

Zoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:05 AM   #18
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Maybe my dealership is wrong but I was given an estimated arrival of January and told it would be typical for an order like this to arrive in December. I take them at their word since they do this everyday.
If they ship early January you could have it in January yes. Dealers can also be a bit optimistic when telling customers things as well. Many cases of repeated "two more weeks" reported by guys waiting for cars on here.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #19
deejaylew

Quote:
If they ship early January you could have it in January yes. Dealers can also be a bit optimistic when telling customers things as well. Many cases of repeated "two more weeks" reported by guys waiting for cars on here.
Sure, but when I originally ordered my 17 the estimated arrival was late December. Before I changed the order to performance package it had already moved to November, so this isn't uncommon they are just seeing a pattern and calling it out. Could be right could be wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to deejaylew For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:48 AM   #20
Tcoat

Quote:
Sure, but when I originally ordered my 17 the estimated arrival was late December. Before I changed the order to performance package it had already moved to November, so this isn't uncommon they are just seeing a pattern and calling it out. Could be right could be wrong.
We were talking PP here not just general orders. Subaru was very clear from the beginning that the PPs were going to be late in the winter.
Dealers will say anything to keep you interested.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:19 AM   #21
Hachetman

Drives: 2003 MINI Cooper S R53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT/86 View Post
I preorder my BRZ with PP two weeks ago and the dealer told me ill be getting it late January 2017 that is a long wait.
It is also a very low production automobile. They are building as many Forrester's and Legacys as they can sell at the moment, your car is pretty much an after thought for Subaru.

Sweet ride, looking forward to pics when it gets in!
Hachetman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hachetman For This Useful Post:
GT/86 (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #22
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
just food for thought, but if even you want a regular car at this point you'll have to wait till december or january too. some places have ran out of them at the moment(for a manual) and dealers have been trading eachother for the ones that are left in the area. At least in my area within 100 miles, there's no Limited Manual. Decemeber and January seems like a correct estimate, there is a change you'll get in early if you're near a port in california, IE San Fran for example.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #23
Drambeenie

Drives: Black 17 BRZ LT MT PP
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
I'm just not sure I see the benefit to ordering a car right now with the PP. If the cars aren't going to be delivered/built until January, it sounds like the production hasn't gotten up to speed. I would bet that in January or February ordering a PP will take a couple weeks instead of months. When they start shipping crates of cars they shouldn't be too difficult to get. Plus I get to keep my $1k
Drambeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #24
deejaylew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drambeenie View Post
I'm just not sure I see the benefit to ordering a car right now with the PP. If the cars aren't going to be delivered/built until January, it sounds like the production hasn't gotten up to speed. I would bet that in January or February ordering a PP will take a couple weeks instead of months. When they start shipping crates of cars they shouldn't be too difficult to get. Plus I get to keep my $1k
That's not exactly how the process works. 3 months is pretty standard for ordering a subaru, if you ordered one and got it in a couple weeks that just means your dealer already had one on the way or they swapped with another dealer. They build these in waves, generally they build a bunch of cars that are similar to one another all at the same time. Then production shifts to another variation.

Also 1k? in this area it's $500 and the money becomes equity in the vehicle.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:02 PM   #25
prj3ctm4yh3m

Drives: CRV AWD 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drambeenie View Post
brembRos and wheels and coilvers that will literally cover the cost of the package on the open market.

wait 3 months: get brembros for free
prj3ctm4yh3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:04 PM   #26
Tcoat

Quote:
That's not exactly how the process works. 3 months is pretty standard for ordering a subaru, if you ordered one and got it in a couple weeks that just means your dealer already had one on the way or they swapped with another dealer. They build these in waves, generally they build a bunch of cars that are similar to one another all at the same time. Then production shifts to another variation.

Also 1k? in this area it's $500 and the money becomes equity in the vehicle.
The manufactures stopped batch building years ago. Computerized sequencing did away with all the benefits of batch builds and it is actually cheaper and more efficient to run everything at the same time now.

Not sure if the PP will be a factory installed option anyway. My guess is that it will be port installed which will actually add time to the delivery. The RS1 was not delivered with the body kit and such on it they were added at port (someplace there is a picture of them all sitting in a yard without the kit waiting for shipping).

Old 10-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #27
goldenfri

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to goldenfri
I imagine that since it has different wheels it will be factory installed. I can't imagine they would ship the cars with stock wheels or steelies then just throw them away or ship them back after the new ones are installed.
goldenfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:17 PM   #28
deejaylew

Quote:
The manufactures stopped batch building years ago. Computerized sequencing did away with all the benefits of batch builds and it is actually cheaper and more efficient to run everything at the same time now.

Not sure if the PP will be a factory installed option anyway. My guess is that it will be port installed which will actually add time to the delivery. The RS1 was not delivered with the body kit and such on it they were added at port (someplace there is a picture of them all sitting in a yard without the kit waiting for shipping).

Aww why do you have to shoot down the knowledge that my dealer has bestowed upon me every time. That's the last time i regurgitate dealer info on this forum!

Probably not true.. I will regurgitate info somewhere on this forum within the next hour for sure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deejaylew For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-17-2016), Zaku (10-17-2016)

Tags
2017, brz, delivery, package, performance