follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #15
fika84

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
@MikeM7 - those connections look like the satellite and stock mic plugs. I wouldn't worry about those.

I installed a AVH-X5700BHS and so far love it. I can say that the reason they didn't hook up the aux or external USB is because they didn't know what to do... What harnesses exactly did you give them? The external AUX was a biatch to get working.. you either have to buy the adapter directly from HERE or you have to buy the steering wheel controls harness and repin it to work. The AUX should have been hooked up using the Toyota AUX-USB adapter and you shouldn't have an adapter in the trunk because they should've used the USB adapter instead of the USB Extension the deck comes with.

You can go into the deck and mess with the crossover settings to get the subwoofer to sound better.. I'm sure they didn't take the time to setup the equalizer and crossovers properly.

EDIT - What did you do with the dash and rear speakers? Did they replace the rear AMP with the one you bought to power the door and dash? Or door and rear?
fika84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fika84 For This Useful Post:
MikeM7 (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
MikeM7

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Already got the reply below:

Good afternoon , sorry to hear that . Bring it back and I will take care of it for you . The pieces that is scratch , I can replace for a new one . No problem . My name is Mohammed and you reach for me directly by calling my at my cell . 210-***-**** . Thanks

That was quick, and sounds promising.
MikeM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #17
MikeM7

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fika84 View Post
@MikeM7I can say that the reason they didn't hook up the aux or external USB is because they didn't know what to do... What harnesses exactly did you give them?
Not really sure tbh. I used crutchfield's "tell me what I need because I'm lazy" service, so they supposedly provided all the correct gear to hook everything up. If you need some specific adapters to make certain things work, I wouldn't be surprised if that was neglected. It's just an automated system. I'll find the order and let you know.

Quote:
@MikeM7
You can go into the deck and mess with the crossover settings to get the subwoofer to sound better.. I'm sure they didn't take the time to setup the equalizer and crossovers properly.
I would agree, but I'm a little curious how the sub got set to +6.. I imagine the thug that stabbed my car with screwdrivers probably thought the only right bass is the kind that makes everyone within a 1 mile radius stare at you. It sounded like the typical "look at me" gangsta mobile at first, but when I dropped it down to 0 it was pretty crisp and punchy. That's what I want.. I can't stand the loud reverberating noise, I just want clarity and punch. I'm actually pretty happy with the sound quality I'm getting with stock equalizer setting "powerful" and everything at 0. I'll bring it to my buddy and let him play with the fine tuning. The only issue I have now is that at a certain volume level I get rattling, but I'm pretty sure it's just because my license plate is rattling around when the sub gets loud, just need to secure it.

Quote:
@MikeM7
EDIT - What did you do with the dash and rear speakers? Did they replace the rear AMP with the one you bought to power the door and dash? Or door and rear?

Unfortunately I'm not experienced with this stuff, which is why I paid "professionals" to do it.

I literally just pulled a box out of the trunk, showed them what was in it, and said I wanted it installed. They didn't really ask me any questions, which I found a little unsettling. Not that I'd have been able to answer them or anything.. but I at least could have told them how to remove the trim

Last edited by MikeM7; 07-21-2015 at 04:14 PM.
MikeM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #18
fika84

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM7 View Post
Not really sure tbh. I used crutchfield's "tell me what I need because I'm lazy" service, so they supposedly provided all the correct gear to hook everything up. If you need some specific adapters to make certain things work, I wouldn't be surprised if that was neglected. It's just an automated system. I'll find the order and let you know.
I doubt the crutchfield stuff would've included the USB harness... it DEFINITELY won't include the USB harness needed. Considering they don't list either the AUX or USB harness on their website when I put our car in, I don't think it would've come with it. LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM7 View Post
I would agree, but I'm a little curious how the sub got set to +6.. I imagine the thug that stabbed my car with screwdrivers probably thought the only right bass is the kind that makes everyone within a 1 mile radius stare at you. It sounded like the typical "look at me" gangsta mobile at first, but when I dropped it down to 0 it was pretty crisp and punchy. That's what I want.. I can't stand the loud reverberating noise, I just want clarity and punch. I'm actually pretty happy with the sound quality I'm getting with stock equalizer setting "powerful" and everything at 0. I'll bring it to my buddy and let him play with the fine tuning. The only issue I have now is that at a certain volume level I get rattling, but I'm pretty sure it's just because my license plate is rattling around when the sub gets loud, just need to secure it.
That is definitely their doing... it is set to 0 out of the box. I also had to secure the license plate.

As far as the other speaker go. It might be worth pulling up the rear of the car and seeing what they did with the stock amp.. and see which other speakers they are powering with the little 4 channel amp you bought...

Sorry they f'd things up so bad. That's a crappy way to start things out!
fika84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fika84 For This Useful Post:
MikeM7 (07-21-2015)