follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #995
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus8631 View Post
Hey there!

I've placed an order for the full JDL 2.5" header back system with this specific configuration:
  • UEL catted header (thermal coated with cat left uncoated)
  • OP
  • Ultra-quiet front pipe (catted and resonated)
  • Full CBE (resonated)
Other parts currently installed:
  • Carbon fiber drive shaft
  • Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley
  • Perrin Lightweight Accessory Pulley Kit
I haven't really considered an intake up to this point since the OEM system seems to be pretty adequate for most purposes. However, getting a full exhaust and tune leads me to think I should get the most bang for the buck when it comes to the tune and throw an intake on the project as well. Your site recommends the Airaid system, is that something you still consider #1 or have you changed preferences as you tune new systems (GReddy, aFe Takeda, Perrin BIGMAF 3" intake all seem very highly regarded). My overall goal for the car isn't to have crazy HP up top. I'd really like to get rid of the torque dip to smooth out the power delivery and then dial in as much safe (ideal A/F ratio) power as possible

I'm pretty far away from you guys being in Texas haha, so I figure I would find a local, reputable dyno and do a stock run, install all parts and do another run, and then flash your Stage 2 Tune and do a run. I'd like to see the differences between the three dyno pulls and I'm sure a lot of people on here who aren't quite sure what they want to do with their FA20 just yet would be excited to see too. Afterwards, I'd like to get you guys to take a look and see if everything looks alright and if there's more room to play around. I think I read earlier in the thread about data logging first for a reference point. Should I have the EcuTek equipment ready to go first for when I do the stock run?

Lots of good info in this thread, thanks for what you guys do! I'm stoked to see what my machine can do!
Hey Atticus,

You'd be just fine and not missing out on any power with just a drop in aftermarket filter on the stock intake. With a full exhaust and Stage 2 tune you won't be making any more power with any of the aftermarket intake options we've tested on the dyno, and some of the intake options (namely the metal ones) actually heat soak and lose power after a single pull. As far as the EcuTek business goes, we only want to see your logs with all the parts and our tune installed, to see what we need to adjust off of if anything. I'm sure everyone would be curious to see your results for stock, stock with parts, and parts + tune, and we'd love to provide you with some more power.

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #996
Atticus8631

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie84 View Post
No, no. I didn't mean that your post was a bit off-topic. I meant that my request for video clip was off-topic.

Anyway, I'll look forward to your video + tuning results! Thanks!
Haha, man I am slow today.

Zach - Thanks for the response! I'll probably grab a filter when the time comes and call it a day. Should be a couple of weeks before parts are shipped, but I'll post vids and dynos when I get started.
Atticus8631 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atticus8631 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2015, 01:35 AM   #997
Shneegle

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus8631 View Post
I'm pretty far away from you guys being in Texas haha, so I figure I would find a local, reputable dyno and do a stock run, install all parts and do another run, and then flash your Stage 2 Tune and do a run. I'd like to see the differences between the three dyno pulls and I'm sure a lot of people on here who aren't quite sure what they want to do with their FA20 just yet would be excited to see too.
I'm also in Texas and have a dyno for Stock, Full exhasut(header and all 3" piping) and air filter, tuned by a local shop with parts and on April 19th ill have the dyno results for the stage 2 tune that I'm running from Delicious at this time to compare to. All the runs will be on the same dyno/shop and so far all have been on the same day other than on the 19th. If your in/near the DFW area you should come by for the dyno day on the 19th. PM for more details if your close.

Delicious has done an awesome job with getting me updated tunes and making sure that everything is in tip top shape even with being in Texas.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #998
BC-Boy

Drives: 2013 Brz sport-tech
Garage
I just recived my update from Bill and wow what a difference from my older v5 , cold starts are much quieter, idle is smoother , knock is completly gone, ive been fighting with garbage BC gas for over a year amd for the first time no tip in knock i can actualy run a 93oct tune with our 94. And 91 map with 91. Engine revs much smoother it allways had a small rocking that i thought to be the caused by the physical difference in the uel header and the effects it can have bank to bank but now it revs silky smooth, my delicious tune was allready better then my visconti fa20club and now its near perfect. Data logs look great. Cant wait to see E85 this summer with Bills flex fuel tune/kit. Cant see my car running any better then this on 91/94 oct.
BC-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BC-Boy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #999
BC-Boy

Garage
Just a fyi my bud has a s2000 and since new it has allways been a point of reference to see my progress stock he pulled 2-3 cars every gear past 1st now were dead even i can take a jump and keep it most of the time, if at low rpm i just plow ahead and stay ahead. Thanks Bill
Old 04-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #1000
elyugi1

Drives: raven black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey im new at this...how do you tune a car how much does it cost? Is it available in los angeles? Sorry for to many question at once!
elyugi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:04 AM   #1001
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyugi1 View Post
Hey im new at this...how do you tune a car how much does it cost? Is it available in los angeles? Sorry for to many question at once!

Go on the delicious tuning website order the stage one ecutek tune with cable and licence 900 sum dollars best bang for your buck assumung your stock and breaking the car in still, thats what i recommend seeing i have spent alot of money trying different routes i would have saved alot having done that from the start
Old 04-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #1002
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyugi1 View Post
If you're currently stock and needing a tune, we have a package available for $995 that includes cable, license, and tune. As long as you have a windows based laptop or a Macbook with bootcamp you can put the tune on your vehicle in the comfort of your own garage in about 15 minutes time. The process is very simple and if you get stuck we actually have tutorials on our YouTube channel to walk you through flashing the tune: www.youtube.com/user/DeliciousTuning

http://www.delicioustuning.com/Stage_1_PumpGas

Shipping to LA takes about 1 business day!

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

Old 04-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #1003
raytrix

Drives: Series 10 FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Eagarly waiting on my tune with the idle corrections hehe. Zach, Mike from TF sent the idle logs yesterday around 6pm Central USA time. I hope you guys got the logs. For now we reflashed the car to the original version of the tune just so I can idle properly around 13.5a/f vs previously around 12.4a/f.
raytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to raytrix For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #1004
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytrix View Post
Eagarly waiting on my tune with the idle corrections hehe. Zach, Mike from TF sent the idle logs yesterday around 6pm Central USA time. I hope you guys got the logs. For now we reflashed the car to the original version of the tune just so I can idle properly around 13.5a/f vs previously around 12.4a/f.
Got the logs and reviewing to make corrections.

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
raytrix (04-08-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #1005
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Going on now through Saturday, we're running a sale on Flex Fuel Kits and tunes. More info here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...02#post2206702

This is likely the only sale we will run this year so act now if you've been holding off!

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (04-10-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #1006
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Not sure if this thread being a FAQ could answer tuning questions in general but instead of bugging the guys at delicious i figured i would ask and see if anyone could help. When the car's going WOT its closed loop or open, i always get those confused. To my understanding a tune at WOT goes for a target AFR and should always try to reach that? Having a situation where my AFR constantly keeps dropping after a couple of weeks of being flashed to a higher target. My tuner sets ~11.7 and my wideband reads just that but after a couple of weeks it sits at around ~11.3 during WOT runs. Why in the world is this happening?
Old 04-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #1007
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
Not sure if this thread being a FAQ could answer tuning questions in general but instead of bugging the guys at delicious i figured i would ask and see if anyone could help. When the car's going WOT its closed loop or open, i always get those confused. To my understanding a tune at WOT goes for a target AFR and should always try to reach that? Having a situation where my AFR constantly keeps dropping after a couple of weeks of being flashed to a higher target. My tuner sets ~11.7 and my wideband reads just that but after a couple of weeks it sits at around ~11.3 during WOT runs. Why in the world is this happening?
Totally depends on the tuner. Most tuners run open loop at WOT, we just recently implemented closed loop correction at wot. I'm not aware of anyone else doing that right now for this platform, however. Our tunes are essentially running closed loop correction almost 100% of the time now.

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Brzzee (10-07-2016), yomny (04-16-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #1008
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
Totally depends on the tuner. Most tuners run open loop at WOT, we just recently implemented closed loop correction at wot. I'm not aware of anyone else doing that right now for this platform, however. Our tunes are essentially running closed loop correction almost 100% of the time now.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
This true of the 8.83 release of the sprintex/innovate tune as well?
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote