follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #701
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Kylebrz- I don't think I'd try removing the intact annulus or the 2 separated pieces from the other in it myself. The intact annulus from the unit I accidently ran dry could be reassembled into my broken unit and again you're welcome to the two halves. I'd definitely purchase a new part for a dependable unit and hopefully end up with two working units.

Did you do the removal of the part from your unit? I have no idea where to get help to do that, it's beyond my comfort range. Could you or whomever helped you do what needs to be done for mine at least to facilitate a part swap pending installing your improved part? Obviously I don't expect it for nothing. My car is sitting.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #702
Kylebrz

Drives: 2013 subaru brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Kylebrz- I don't think I'd try removing the intact annulus or the 2 separated pieces from the other in it myself. The intact annulus from the unit I accidently ran dry could be reassembled into my broken unit and again you're welcome to the two halves. I'd definitely purchase a new part for a dependable unit and hopefully end up with two working units.

Did you do the removal of the part from your unit? I have no idea where to get help to do that, it's beyond my comfort range. Could you or whomever helped you do what needs to be done for mine at least to facilitate a part swap pending installing your improved part? Obviously I don't expect it for nothing. My car is sitting.

This is the part I need the pricing was pretty expensive to have the first part made I'm hoping the more he makes the cheaper it will be but if I had that part then he can go on to make more pieces
Kylebrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #703
Kylebrz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2017, 10:43 PM   #704
Kylebrz

This is the prototype

Old 07-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #705
Kylebrz

You can see how many more threads are on it aswell

Old 07-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #706
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebrz View Post
You can see how many more threads are on it aswell

Kylebrz- I just dont think I can do the removal of the part myself. At least from initial inspection, I'm no mechanic/machinist, it didnt look obvious how to remove it. I'd look now but gotta leave to work.

So what I'm asking is aside from facilitating the supply of the part can you do the swap into the charger? Best I am capable of at thip point is re-installing in my car.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #707
Kylebrz

Quote:
Kylebrz- I just dont think I can do the removal of the part myself. At least from initial inspection, I'm no mechanic/machinist, it didnt look obvious how to remove it. I'd look now but gotta leave to work.

So what I'm asking is aside from facilitating the supply of the part can you do the swap into the charger? Best I am capable of at thip point is re-installing in my car.

Yea I can show you how to take it apart or explain cause if you were to send it as a complete unit shipping would probably be out ragious

Old 07-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #708
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Yea I can show you how to take it apart or explain cause if you were to send it as a complete unit shipping would probably be out ragious

Where are you located?

Perhaps when I can take a look at it I will ask you a few things if you dont mind and then maybe I will be able to disassemble.

My concern is me causing damage.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #709
Kylebrz

Quote:
Where are you located?

Perhaps when I can take a look at it I will ask you a few things if you dont mind and then maybe I will be able to disassemble.

My concern is me causing damage.

Im located 30 min north of Toronto

Old 07-06-2017, 11:54 AM   #710
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Im located 30 min north of Toronto

Did you do the removal/install on yours?

If so, would you do it on mine for me (for a free)? I could bring it to you. Removal of broken part and also not broken part to install in the other unit. Also I will still want to get a re-engineered part afterward installed in my other unit which will then be the main and the other a backup.

I just want to get my car back on the road!.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #711
Kylebrz

Quote:
Did you do the removal/install on yours?

If so, would you do it on mine for me (for a free)? I could bring it to you. Removal of broken part and also not broken part to install in the other unit. Also I will still want to get a re-engineered part afterward installed in my other unit which will then be the main and the other a backup.

I just want to get my car back on the road!.

Yea I can do that where are you located?

Old 07-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #712
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Yea I can do that where are you located?

Thornhill. I am pretty sure I could get one unit working right away with the swap. Maybe not as good but at least a temp fix for now.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #713
Kylebrz

Yea I work in Richmond hill

Old 07-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #714
Kylebrz

Quote:
Thornhill. I am pretty sure I could get one unit working right away with the swap. Maybe not as good but at least a temp fix for now.

Text my cell 4164280931