follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
dammitcubs

Drives: 2008 EVO X
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Raven FR-S 24K out the door??

Hey guys,

I"m looking for a FR-S/BRZ right now. What really got me sold on the FRS is that wonderful five-axis aerokit.

I currently have graphite EVO X with 45k miles. (i bought it for 31k) so I'm looking to maybe trade in my love for my new love. It's hard choice but I can't see myself paying the 28K MSRP.

But the scion dealer near my house has a RAVEN FR-S 100 miles. He let me go for a spin in it and gave me an empty parking lot and said "have fun with it, anything you want. i'm bored"

And then he offered you the car 24K out the door. That really got me thinking. because i can use the extra money to buy all the parts.

is that a good deal?
dammitcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Ingen

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes.

Why does he want rid of it? Lol.

Car Received: 10/18. Break in ended: 10/28

Goal: Openflash UEL headers, Stage II 93 oct, TRD intake, arm rest :P
Ingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
dammitcubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
Yes.

Why does he want rid of it? Lol.
The dealer apparently sells by volume instead of markup. I just hate seeing prices and then forget you have to pay a couple grand on overhead taxes and fees.

It's the not true color i wanted so that's why the price makes me easier. I want either firestorm or whiteout but damn i won't like raven looks good.

I just didn't know if this is a deal that I won't see again or if i can probably find it again.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
beesmiff07

Drives: Trailblazer
hell yea...just from looking at cars.com cali always mark there vehicles up buy at least 3k....id take it real quick...ask questions later
beesmiff07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I would say it's a good deal, considering the Scion website now lists the MSRP @ $25,255.

The only thing you should consider is how many other people he let rip it around an empty parking lot.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
dammitcubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
I would say it's a good deal, considering the Scion website now lists the MSRP @ $25,255.

The only thing you should consider is how many other people he let rip it around an empty parking lot.
True. But it has only 100 miles. How much damagae can you really do? I texted him now, he's about my age. He is an enthusiast. He is also about some car groups. Whats even crazier is that another group came to try the car out and they weren't even allow to leave the dealer parking lot.

So I got the right person.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
Carbon420

Drives: 2013 FR-S Raven with carbon fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
Hey guys,

I"m looking for a FR-S/BRZ right now. What really got me sold on the FRS is that wonderful five-axis aerokit.

I currently have graphite EVO X with 45k miles. (i bought it for 31k) so I'm looking to maybe trade in my love for my new love. It's hard choice but I can't see myself paying the 28K MSRP.

But the scion dealer near my house has a RAVEN FR-S 100 miles. He let me go for a spin in it and gave me an empty parking lot and said "have fun with it, anything you want. i'm bored"

And then he offered you the car 24K out the door. That really got me thinking. because i can use the extra money to buy all the parts.

is that a good deal?
Manual or auto. If manual take it. If auto fuck it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carbon420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Zach

Drives: 13 FR-S Black MT
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
I have a better deal, buy mine with 15k miles on it for 21! :P
I might be moving to NY and don't want my baby abused in the city, would rather just part for now.

The five axis kit is butt imho, there are much better looking kits out there with better fit for less money.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
dammitcubs

The car is a 6MT manual. It's going to be Wierdcoming from 5MT Evo.

I liked any aero better than stock. That will soothe the pain of not getting the BRZ because I like the front design.

If anything I"m getting the Five Axis Spoiler. That is a MUST!!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
Zach

Drives: 13 FR-S Black MT
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
If anything I"m getting the Five Axis Spoiler. That is a MUST!!
I do agree there, its dead sexy. The wheels are ok but 19 is so big and heavy.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Think of how hard you can drive in <100 miles. You could absolutely destroy the tires in that time, bounce it off the rev limiter at every gear shift, burn out the clutch teaching people to drive/burnouts/riding it, burn the brakes up by trying to drift with the traction control on, leave it idling in the parking lot for hours without any cooling, etc. etc.

Not saying that's what this car has been through but it's completely possible. We really really don't know how well these things hold up to long term abuse, yes they were designed for it but nobody has much more than 20k miles on theirs it's a really big unknown. If you plan on dumping it in a few years I would say go for it, if you were planning on buying one and keeping it for a long time and loving it, I would say wait for one you know hasn't been abused.

With my little rant being over, it's a great price for relatively few miles (saw one with 6k miles asking $26k+), If money weren't an issue for me I'd swap the body kit with a stock one and make a few bucks and beat the hell out of it with no worries.
strat61caster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #12
deedz

Drives: Rocket Bunny FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Id jump on it asap. 24k otd is a great pric, spend the extra money to vinyl wrap the car red for 1-1.5k and get the kit and you would be spending just as much for a FRS OTD at normal msrp
deedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Haha coincidenally I once passed on a new Evo X with 150 miles on it for the same reason. It was a good deal (about 31k), but it seemed like the dealer had let anyone thrash it and I wasn't thrilled about the color (grey). Bit of a parallel situation...

Btw I would wait for a firestorm with the 5A kit if that's what you want. That combination looks great.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #14
dammitcubs

Yeah. I bought the car with 6K miles and I didn't like graphite grey and at the time I had a evo 8 white. So after 8 hours of persuading and a 4K in reduction. it was 30 something out the door.

This FR-S I don't know where it's been through. But I"m not too worried. I do wish i can get whiteout but the price is 26k + tax. So is the price worth 3k just for the color. That's only something a buyer can answer.

As for the car, the EVO is gonna be paid off by the end of next year. and I was planning on keeping it til atleast 100K, but this evo has a bad omen on it. I love the car and it's my baby but it's been through some stuff and I figured to just start all of over. I haven't crashed it but it with then a fireburn (cosmetic on the side). and I just want a clean car again.

I was thinking of keeping this FR-S for only 60K miles. I'm all about changing cars because I love driving and I'm a big whore of it. Maybe go m3. I really want a 1 series M but they are too expensive and hard to find.