follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #29
PNW FRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Asphalt is a weird name, but a great color.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
Fallen hero
Becuz RACE CAR

Drives: FR-S Raven MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper602 View Post
So why don't you just call these colours, black, grey and blue . . . ? Isn't it just easier or is it just me . . ?
Because someone at scion hq that it would be more hip and Appel younger market
Fallen hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #31
logoris

Drives: 04 is300 sport design ii
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Well I'm in the same debate as you but what I'm thinking is take which ever colour is in stock and if you don't like it down the road you can always get it wrapped and with the wrap you can go nuts if you want and get neon matte orange if you want and the joy is its all removable

But if I had to choose from all the pics I have seen I'd say ultramarine because it seems to be less common and if you get some black rims on it or the trd xb2 19's I think it would look great if they are the right bolt pattern I have not seen any on have them on an frs or brz

logoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #32
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesmiff07 View Post
I think Red and Ultramarine makes the car look like a womans ride
no offense to any whiteout owners but I always thought/heard white was more for women. At least that's the way it seems to anytime I see a new white car on the road, it's usually a women driving it.

Ironic to say, Whiteout is still sexy and was actually my first choice till I saw the raven
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #33
l0aded
Addicted

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
All great but I chose Asphalt because it looks the best to me and I feel like its more unique compared to the others. One great thing about Asphalt is small swirls and scratches are difficult to see because of the scattered metallic shiny coat of the paint.
l0aded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
eriktherod

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm Red MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I have seen every color except Ultramarine in person (which is ironic since that was my first choice). I got my Firestorm back of June last year, so it was more or less a choice because "they had a car on the lot." Granted, I don't regret it, I did fall in love with the red right when I saw it.

As many have said, the car really does look AMAZING in every color. I'm really picky, so on second thought I am glad I got the Firestorm over Ultramarine because of the way the interior trim is red/orange. It would clash otherwise, but that's a personal choice (and can be modded anyways).

The colors really do look way better in person, pictures do not capture them properly. I will try to describe how I feel about each color (all favorable in their own right):

Asphalt: Really unique "almost" black color. Between the shade of color and metallic texture it looks great. It has a very subtle deep purple glimmer to it when in the right light (think grape soda). Seems like it would be a lot easier to keep looking clean than your standard jet black. Great color for when you want black but also something a little different than other cars.

Whiteout: The pearlescent texture of this white is really amazing. It's up there as one of my favorite colors, looks even sexier with the BRZ or TRD spoiler. Definitely not a "standard" white, looks more similar to the pearl color of a 350/370Z.

Raven: Black. What else more is there to say? If you want the traditional black, this is your color! As usual, a pain to keep looking clean but sexy as hell when she is!

Hot Lava: Very dynamic color depending on lighting. In direct sunlight it looks quite orange and pops. In lower light/night time it looks subdued and less vibrant (in a good way). Also a metallic color, guaranteed to make you stand out in the daytime.

Firestorm Red: The poster-child color, a very bright red. If you were to line up a "red" car from most manufacturers, the 86 would stand out still. It's a great red, especially when clean. Matches the interior trim the best as well. Think BMW's M3 red and that's pretty close.

Argento Silver: One of the more subdued colors but the curves of the car really make it look great still. Probably the easiest color to keep it looking clean as well. Not a bad color by any means, just very neutral and low-key compared to the rest of the lineup.