follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
ACE Headers
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 12-07-2018, 07:48 AM   #29
Wil

Drives: Drives like a crab.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Are you able to get the Ace stuff? Ace 350 is a pretty penny, but is the best through the range. Not quite as strong up top as the 250 or 150, but more through the power band you're in most of the time (unless you're just on track...)
I've been reading things on headers ever since I got the car in 2014 but never quite pulled the trigger on one apart from that used gutted stock header.
My requirements were and are still:
- No rasp. I absolutely hate raspy exhaust.
even a tiny bit of rasp, like in this video
Could a wrap avoid raspiness? Well, I'm not a big fan of wrap either... apparently they deteriorate the exhaust quicker.
- EL preferably
- Best correction of the torque dip (yes EL is not the best for this...)
- Least heat in the engine bay
- under 1000$
- Something that makes the best out of the OTS tunes

I really thing the Ace Header is too much... 1600$ + 1000$ tune + customs taxes 500$... I'd rather go FI at this point.
In French we say, we can't have the butter and the money for the butter (don't worry, I am Belgian, not French).

I'm not in a hurry so I might want to get a used one.

The problem is, with the GT86 is that, you don't want to throw too much money in it since, for 10k more, you can easily a mid-engined, 6-cylinder beauty from Stuttgart, if you see what I mean...

Regarding the maintenance, I'll replace the serpentine belt this weekend. I'll keep you updated, for those interested.
Have a nice day
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:43 AM   #30
Wil

Drives: Drives like a crab.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I feel like my overall car's behaviour has changed with the new oil...
Is it me or could it be possible that the differential oil has an impact on how the rear of the car behaves?

I feel that, overall, my car is now kind of 'blurry', I feel now that there is a noticeable transition when the transmission is under load or not. Especially with the diff. The rear of the car becomes kind of 'wavy' if that makes sense for you. Like if the dampening was softer when I release the throttle.

Could that be possible?
Overall I feel like the car is heavier. I will see if I get the same feeling with an empty tank. Might just be the fuel moving that creates this effect.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:24 AM   #31
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 16,775 Times in 9,219 Posts
Mentioned: 460 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
I feel like my overall car's behaviour has changed with the new oil...
Is it me or could it be possible that the differential oil has an impact on how the rear of the car behaves?

I feel that, overall, my car is now kind of 'blurry', I feel now that there is a noticeable transition when the transmission is under load or not. Especially with the diff. The rear of the car becomes kind of 'wavy' if that makes sense for you. Like if the dampening was softer when I release the throttle.

Could that be possible?
Overall I feel like the car is heavier. I will see if I get the same feeling with an empty tank. Might just be the fuel moving that creates this effect.
Ohhhh, myyyyyyy - I suggest you consult with your physician, your medications may need adjusting -

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Vital (12-13-2018)