follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #1
Weigaldo

Drives: 2016 Steel AT FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2016 AT FRS: 24,407 miles... currently

I have a Jeep JL on order and wanted to see if there would be any interest in my FRS on the forum. I don't plan on trading it in. If you're like me and can't handle the idea of buying a used car because you never know what's happened to it over its lifespan, you might like my car. I've had it since 9 miles and could probably recall every obsessive-compulsive detail since I drove it off the lot.

38 months and 24,407 miles currently. Probably around 25K once my JL arrives. I just bought the oil for the next change. I have two Tokyo Roki filters left. Oil/filter change, tire rotation, and inspect/clean the air filter every 5K.

New Eagle F1 Asymmetric All Seasons at 22,000 miles.

Current mods include: aFe Pro Dry S air filter, Mishimoto induction hose, Tomei UEL, Tomei overpipe, HKS dual resonated front pipe, Tomei 60R exhaust, OFT w/ V4 Stg2+ gas and E85 tunes, Fumoto drain valve. All stock parts still available.

I switched from 93 to E85 and back to 93 without any issues. The E85 seemed to really help with temps in the summer compared to the previous summer running 93. Also of note, I have only ever used 93. I wouldn’t be able to confirm how the car runs on anything less on the current tunes. If you can see in the picture, the trims are pretty solid at idle. I always leave the OFT cord plugged in to the car (to prevent potential damage to the port) and then plug in the OFT whenever I drive anywhere. I like to always know my car is happy and healthy. I stay below 3K rpm until the oil temp hits 150 and I prefer not to go WOT until it is around the typical operating temperatures I see (195-205 degrees).

I could go on forever, but you can PM me if you want any specific details.

I'm looking for $19K given the immaculate condition and additional mods. If it gets to the point where you see it in person, I think you will understand.

After reading this to my wife, she told me I should probably mention no accidents. One door ding was fixed on the driver side. So if you cannot park completely protected, I'd recommend leaving the driver side vulnerable because it already has the access hole on the bottom of the door. Title is in my name. If I forgot any common things listed in car sales ads, please let me know

Thanks for reading!

https://imgur.com/a/dD6cyfW

UPDATE: I will follow up with more pictures, but I wanted to go into greater detail about the current condition of the car.

Exterior: There are only a handful of blemishes after three years of daily driving. Two rock chips that were touched up well enough that they aren’t obvious. Two clear coat scratches that you need to look at in certain lighting at a certain angle to see. When the dealer installed the front plate, the threading must have been off a little and it dug into the paint. I put something behind the plate to protect it from further damage, but the plate won’t be moving again anyway unless the car finds a new owner. I scraped the bottom of the front bumper once on a driveway. After that, I was always vigilant about approach and departures angles. No potholes have been hit, but I did misjudge a railroad crossing once. This might be why my front right alignment was off by 1 degree when I got the F1’s installed, though 1 degree was still within the factory spec, so it could have always been off. The only other blemish would be a small chip on the spoke of one rim. I have been able to avoid curb rash all this time, but that chip still bothers me. I have only ever used a touch less wash. I have done two full details since I bought it, both with new rags to avoid scratches. I’m the only person to ever drive this car (aside from the first 9 miles), so like I previously stated, I can probably recall every obsessive-compulsive detail you may want to know about.

Interior: This one is simple, there is only one interior blemish. The upper left corner of the airbag sticker on the driver side sun visor. I wanted to see how it was adhered to the visor and messed up the corner. You can tell the driver seat has been sat in, but there is minimal wear. You can see where I hold the wheel when I drive based on it being shinier than the other areas, but there is also minimal wear. I avoid dusting any glossy plastic surfaces to avoid those annoying very fine scratches. When I have to touch the touchscreen, it’s either with my driving gloves or a knuckle to avoid fingerprints. This way I don’t need to clean it, which limits the potential to scratch it. It gets crazier... The seating positions do not change unless someone needs to get in back. If they do move, I do it in a way to prevent wear on the ratcheting mechanism so it doesn’t wear down. I had a previous car where I didn’t do this and eventually there was play in the mechanism where it rattled ever so slightly over bumps. There is one intermittent rattle in the dash on the front driver side, mostly in cold weather. I don’t want to try and track it down due to the risk of creating more rattles. Again, obsessive-compulsive details.

In theory, this might be the “newest” 2016 FRS you could buy!

She’s already dirty again, but here are some pictures highlighting aspects I had mentioned.

https://imgur.com/a/JyhAzsl

Last edited by Weigaldo; 01-11-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Adding more information
Weigaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
Weigaldo

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bump for updated info and pics!
Weigaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:14 PM   #3
Weigaldo