follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
MisterSheep

Old 01-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #4411
lamune

Drives: 14 WRB BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Oh damn. Which cat? And stock or aftermarket cat?
Aftermarket header
Old 01-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #4412
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamune View Post
Aftermarket header
You blew it when you bought it. Which brand/model?
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #4413
lamune

Drives: 14 WRB BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Was JDL. Called them up and they said it was the second that did this, both cars are boosted. Replacement catless coming
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lamune For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (01-04-2017), EAGLE5 (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #4414
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Went for a nice soggy drive up redwood. Had my windows rolled down even if I was getting wet and freezing. There's just something about the sound of water splashing that makes me feel like I'm driving a rally car through Wales Rally GB!

Quote:
Drove up Mt. Hamilton last week and blew up a cat on the way
I just noticed I have a chunk of your cat stuck on my shoe! (Stopped by Neal's to chit chat before heading back to work)
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (01-04-2017), lamune (01-04-2017), PMok (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 01:23 AM   #4415
PandaBRZ

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Drove up Mt. Hamilton last week and blew up a cat on the way

Whoa! Glad you found out why your car wasn't happy.

Read my writing about the BRZ on my website.
PandaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PandaBRZ For This Useful Post:
lamune (01-05-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 06:52 PM   #4416
Eman

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi all, new member here. Any body in the North Bay (specifically Sonoma) looking for a weekend drive, I would be happy to meet up. I regularly drive from Sonoma to Napa over Trinity Rd (to Oakville grade or turn off on Dry Creek or Mt Veeder depending on where I'm going). If you have never driven it google map "trinity rd, glen ellen". It's a fun, windy mountain rd.

I might also be interested in a longer weekend drive occasionally. Perhaps Trinity rd over to 128. Pick up Butts Canyon Rd and head up to Lake County. Or perhaps Pick up Monticello Rd in Napa and either head over to Winters via the Lake Berryessa Dam or Wooden Valley Rd to Cordelia for a shorter ride.

Anyway, I know the weather hasn't exactly been optimal for spirited driving lately but lets hook up and have some fun on some back roads.

Eman
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eman For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (01-09-2017), funwheeldrive (01-10-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #4417
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Welcome Eman!

I know at least @funwheeldrive and @Kaotic Lazagna are in your neck of the woods. Lots of great driving roads up there. Ever since I relocated to Sacramento, I've been taking 128 west through Lake Berryessa (or south through 121 if I'm in a rush) when heading towards the bay. Really fun and very smooth roads.

Nothing wrong with inclement weather driving as long as you recognize that and drive within your limits. In most cases, I think rainy drives are more "spirited"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Hi all, new member here. Any body in the North Bay (specifically Sonoma) looking for a weekend drive, I would be happy to meet up. I regularly drive from Sonoma to Napa over Trinity Rd (to Oakville grade or turn off on Dry Creek or Mt Veeder depending on where I'm going). If you have never driven it google map "trinity rd, glen ellen". It's a fun, windy mountain rd.

I might also be interested in a longer weekend drive occasionally. Perhaps Trinity rd over to 128. Pick up Butts Canyon Rd and head up to Lake County. Or perhaps Pick up Monticello Rd in Napa and either head over to Winters via the Lake Berryessa Dam or Wooden Valley Rd to Cordelia for a shorter ride.

Anyway, I know the weather hasn't exactly been optimal for spirited driving lately but lets hook up and have some fun on some back roads.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (01-10-2017), Kaotic Lazagna (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #4418
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,014 Times in 1,856 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Eman
Welcome. I'm over at Vallejo/American Canyon. However, I don't really do our drives (did some back when I had my first Yaris, but it's just not for me). We used to have North Bay meets once a while. Not really sure why we stopped. lol
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #4419
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:

Eman

Hey Eman,

I'm in Napa and work in St. Helena. I see a good amount of twins in the area, but it doesn't seem like many post on the local forums. There are tons of group drives down south, so I usually end up driving an hour or more to meet up with the other groups.

It would be great if we could start getting regular group drives started up here. I enjoy driving Trinity/Dry Creek, even with my stock Prius tires. Lake Berryessa is fun, but you have to find the right time to drive that road. I feel like cops like to hang out there a lot too depending on the time.

I tried organizing North Bay hang out meets a couple of years ago, but I have a 2 year old son now, and my wife is pregnant, so I don't have as much free time. When the weather gets nicer it would be cool to try and get a monthly meet started again for the North Bay.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #4420
Eman

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Hey Eman,

I'm in Napa and work in St. Helena. I see a good amount of twins in the area, but it doesn't seem like many post on the local forums. There are tons of group drives down south, so I usually end up driving an hour or more to meet up with the other groups.

It would be great if we could start getting regular group drives started up here. I enjoy driving Trinity/Dry Creek, even with my stock Prius tires. Lake Berryessa is fun, but you have to find the right time to drive that road. I feel like cops like to hang out there a lot too depending on the time.

I tried organizing North Bay hang out meets a couple of years ago, but I have a 2 year old son now, and my wife is pregnant, so I don't have as much free time. When the weather gets nicer it would be cool to try and get a monthly meet started again for the North Bay.
Sounds good, I'm in. You are right about Monticello Rd, especially in the summer. The CHP park it there looking for drunk drivers coming back from Lake Berryessa but there are plenty of roads between Napa and Sonoma (Trinity/Dry Creek, Calistoga Rd, St Helena Rd) and from Sonoma towards 101 (Bennett Valley, Sonoma Mountain and all their off-shoots) where I have never seen a CHP car.

Lets try and plan a North Bay meet-up, I would love to hook up with some other like minded enthusiasts.

I have two kids also though mine are a little older (10 and 12) and they get rides to and from school every day the FRS, they love it.

Eman
Old 01-10-2017, 06:08 PM   #4421
Eman

Oh and I kind of like the Prius tires, they make it really easy to get a little sideways. Though I have to say the traction control kicks in a little to aggressively for me, even in VSC sport mode. Too afraid to take the traction control off completely yet, don't want to end up in a guard rail.

Eman
Old 01-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #4422
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:

Lets try and plan a North Bay meet-up, I would love to hook up with some other like minded enthusiasts.

Eman
Cool. I will revive the North Bay thread in a couple weeks when the weather starts to get nicer. Here is a link for the original thread.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ight=north+bay
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #4423
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Sounds good, I'm in. You are right about Monticello Rd, especially in the summer. The CHP park it there looking for drunk drivers coming back from Lake Berryessa but there are plenty of roads between Napa and Sonoma (Trinity/Dry Creek, Calistoga Rd, St Helena Rd) and from Sonoma towards 101 (Bennett Valley, Sonoma Mountain and all their off-shoots) where I have never seen a CHP car.

I have two kids also though mine are a little older (10 and 12) and they get rides to and from school every day the FRS, they love it.

Eman
Welcome! In ythe summer we host a summer dive series but we do drives year round. If you even want company just post up a day and route here and see who would like to join. Would be nice to get some new roads in the mix thanks to some local northbay knowledge

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #4424
Eman

Sounds good.