follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #15
chadmb2003

Drives: 2009 Toyota Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
My sticker was something like $26,350 and I paid $23,800 (right around invoice) before the tax/title. Roughly 10% off sticker price. I got them to double the military discount, they gave me a $500 financing discount, I had them give me $500 check, I had them reduce the cost of the dealer add-ons, they dropped the destination charge, ect. They can play the "pure price" of the car to a point. But there's no limit on discounts and cash back or whatever arbitrary numbers game you play.

The salesman will try to convince you that they can't tweak the pure price AND they just don't have any "room" to make money on Scions. Haggle back at them: tell them to give you a $750 helluvaguy discount and a $500 Mothers Day discount. It doesn't affect the "pure price". Tell them you have a budget for $365 a month total payment and you don't have any "room" in your budget either.

Call a few dealers. Email them too. Don't even go to the lot until you have somebody calling you back every hour with a new deal. Most people buy a car within 30 minutes. I didn't buy for a week, and when I walked onto the lot, I bought a car with more options than the barebones one I was negotiating for. I think I was offered $22,900 for a barebones no options FR-S 6MT on the phone before I even went to that dealership.
Awesome. Were those prices for custom orders or vehicles on the lot already? I was always under the assumption, and even told by a salesman I talked to, that since the fr-s is such a "hot model" they don't do any discounts. However the 4 they have on their lot all have a sticker on the windshield saying they were delivered on 10-13-13. Looks like that is working well for them.
chadmb2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #16
Chad11491

Drives: 85.5 Porsche 944, '15 mustang GT PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What is the corrosion protection? If it's undercoating it may be worth it in the long run. Most other cars like mine (82 280zx) are pretty rusty underneath after 30ish years, but mine is 100% rust free due to dealer optioned undercoating. If you want to keep the car a really long time it's something to consider.

Also, I wouldn't mention your monthly payment you're aiming for at the dealership. They'll just inflate the price to match. I'd negotiate for total Price, and just know the price you need to get the payment you want.
Chad11491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #17
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
I hope its not to late but I will order my M/T whiteout FR-S tomorrow. There are only 2,000 Monograms so my fingers are crossed that they will have one to my liking, but I will get Firestorm if need be. 4 Monograms have already been ordered at this same dealership!

My dealer requests so far are:

No drilling for front license plate
No detailing
No Dealership stickers
Premium Fuel only
No silicone wheel or engine bay dressing
No interior treatments
No add on's nitrogen filled tires, corrosion resistance ect.
Check 2 rubber grommets in rear wheel wells (I'm not really sure what to look for here, apparently dealerships are forgetting to put these in and causing possible rust issues?)
And finally the incentive of giving them a 5 Star customer review if they get it right.

Basically don't touch my car
I am going to print this out and give it to the salesman but I'm not sure who else I should give it too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, along with your prayers for my baby -Pegasus
What are you going to do when you drive it off the lot? Ride around in a protective bubble?
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BadMoon For This Useful Post:
Nasty Sausage (02-06-2014)
Old 02-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #18
Ryuu0u
(=^・ェ・^=)

Drives: 2013 FRS, '08 GSXR 600
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Say the Dealership name is Fred Haas Toyota World. Then they will put a little sticker on your trunk that has their logo. Pretty much all used cars have the Dealership sticker on them that they were bought from, at least that's how it is here in Houston. Just Dealer advertising.

Lol so you're buying from fredd haas? I got mine from Gullo because they didn't try to bend me over with a million add ons for the car. As far as I know both of those dealerships won't touch the front plate or put any stickers on them. They will however try to pack as many add ons as possible right after it gets off the truck.
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote