follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #281
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nice! bummer they placed their Heuberger sticker on there. Hopefully mine won't have one because my sales person prided them that they don't drill front license plates on their sport cars. Have you removed it?

Were all the cars on the truck new cars? Worried about older cars on top leaking oils :/
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #282
996garage

Drives: 03' NSX & 13' BRZ 6spd Ltd white
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The Heuberger sticker peels right off... Any residual adhesive comes off with car wax. I got my BRZ delivered Friday night from Diamond express transport.(last car on truck) Unfortunately I'm currently dealing with some damage that must have occurred during the transport. I'm really bummed. I'll post more details once I get things sorted out with Heuberger.
996garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #283
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
1. You have 10 days to register in CA. But I don't think it is strictly enforced. When I brought my papers in to the DMV and they asked me when I brought the car into CA, I said 7 days ago.

2. It took them about 2 weeks (14 days) to send me the docs. I'm thinking if you really need them sooner you can ask them to make sure they expedite it to comply with CA laws. It wasn't a big deal for me.

3. they provide all the forms you'd need, except the smog certificate. The DMV form (forget what # it is called), the certificate of origin (like a title doc), the VIN verification form (although my DMV rejected it and asked me to do VIN verification there that same visit). A check made out from Heuberger to DMV for the sales tax costs (that they charged you already). You need to, in advance of the DMV visit if possible, take your car in to a smog place and get smogged. The test center will e-submit the cert to DMV but it's best to bring a hard copy of the pass results with you. The DMV form will be mostly filled out for you which makes it easy. I did finance through an outside lender not through the dealer, so I did have to fill out the section that indicates who the lien holder (the bank) is. I imagine if you financed through HB they will fill it out for you already.

4. HB charged me for sales tax but not for CA registration fees. So those are due at the time you register in CA. I paid about $288 or so at the DMV?

Reread the post of mine that you quoted - I think I actually answered most of these already back there.

That is very important. Though, it only counts from the day the vehicle enters California border. I didn't know this and had the vehicle unregistered for about 2.5 months because I was given a 3 months out of state buyer's temporary driving permit. I was charged for late registering penalty and I tell you it was not cheap! So do yourselves a favor and get the vehicle registered asap!
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B L U E S L A T E For This Useful Post:
chotemaamu (04-01-2013), PMok (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #284
chotemaamu

Drives: DGM LTD 6MT, Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996garage View Post
The Heuberger sticker peels right off... Any residual adhesive comes off with car wax. I got my BRZ delivered Friday night from Diamond express transport.(last car on truck) Unfortunately I'm currently dealing with some damage that must have occurred during the transport. I'm really bummed. I'll post more details once I get things sorted out with Heuberger.
Sorry to hear that. What kind of damage?
chotemaamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #285
chotemaamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
nice! bummer they placed their Heuberger sticker on there. Hopefully mine won't have one because my sales person prided them that they don't drill front license plates on their sport cars. Have you removed it?

Were all the cars on the truck new cars? Worried about older cars on top leaking oils :/
As far as I could tell there were no old cars on the truck. Most of them were Land Rovers that were going to somewhere in San Francisco.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #286
996garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotemaamu View Post
Sorry to hear that. What kind of damage?
Since I got the car around 9pm Friday night, I could only inspect a very dirty car with no lighting except a flashlight. Of course when I washed the car the next morning, I immediately noticed 2 dents on the driver front fender, and a rice grain sized paint chip on the left rear fender all the way down to the bare metal. Obviously I was extremely upset.

I talked with Clint at Heuberger, but since the car was inspected clean prior to leaving the dealer, any claims have to be done through the Diamond transport company. Diamond eventually called me back on Monday, and they said to get estimates for repairing the damage.

So this totally sucks because the repairs will never be 100% as good as original new.(although I believe they can probably be repaired to the point where nobody will notice them except me) Now I have to spend a few hours researching reviews of local Paintless Dent Repair places and Body Shops for the paint chip repair. Then I have to spend several more hours calling around and arranging to get the repairs done. And finally I have to try and get my repair costs paid for by Diamond. Basically this is a big pain in the ass, and I'm not going to get compensated for my time.
The Following User Says Thank You to 996garage For This Useful Post:
tracerit (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #287
tracerit

that's horrible! did diamond deliver your car or was it contracted out to another company? why did they deliver so late too?

i have my own story about diamond, a negative one so far as well. i was told i would get my car today, but after waiting till 1p with no call of estimated time frame, i called Diamond and they called the truck driver but only left a message. I was told Diamond would call me back, they didn't so another two hours later I called them again. Diamond tried but couldn't get a hold of them, so they left another message. They also said they contracted my car to another company, "Five star Auto". With Diamond being only open for another 45min, I requested the drivers' number but it kept saying he was out of service range... I called Diamond back, Todd was able to get a hold of him (through another number, so they got the wrong number before) and told me that my car is now being rescheduled to tomorrow! Apparently the driver's truck broke down in AZ. So if I never called Diamond, I would've been waiting forever. I found all this out 20minutes before they closed too.

Just my experience, but not a good one.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #288
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Quote:
Since I got the car around 9pm Friday night, I could only inspect a very dirty car with no lighting except a flashlight. Of course when I washed the car the next morning, I immediately noticed 2 dents on the driver front fender, and a rice grain sized paint chip on the left rear fender all the way down to the bare metal. Obviously I was extremely upset.

I talked with Clint at Heuberger, but since the car was inspected clean prior to leaving the dealer, any claims have to be done through the Diamond transport company. Diamond eventually called me back on Monday, and they said to get estimates for repairing the damage.

So this totally sucks because the repairs will never be 100% as good as original new.(although I believe they can probably be repaired to the point where nobody will notice them except me) Now I have to spend a few hours researching reviews of local Paintless Dent Repair places and Body Shops for the paint chip repair. Then I have to spend several more hours calling around and arranging to get the repairs done. And finally I have to try and get my repair costs paid for by Diamond. Basically this is a big pain in the ass, and I'm not going to get compensated for my time.

Hit up Allout Dent & Performance and tell Shane that Alan blueslate sent you. He will take care of you! And good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allou...556726?fref=ts
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #289
tracerit

got my car. a quick recap, it was supposed to be delivered by diamond express but they contracted out to another company, "five star auto" and they did a horrible job. my experience is posted here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=21

aside from that, i like the car. i think i'll love it when i can go past 4k. because it really climbs quick and shifting so often is boring haha. just need to buy some car cleaning supplies and get rid of all the dirt accumulated through transport but i can't do that until saturday :/
Old 04-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #290
996garage

Quote:
got my car. a quick recap, it was supposed to be delivered by diamond express but they contracted out to another company, "five star auto" and they did a horrible job. my experience is posted here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=21

aside from that, i like the car. i think i'll love it when i can go past 4k. because it really climbs quick and shifting so often is boring haha. just need to buy some car cleaning supplies and get rid of all the dirt accumulated through transport but i can't do that until saturday :/
Holy crap, that sucks... sorry man, I definitely feel your pain. That's crazy how they just ripped the metal apart. Looks like they were not careful using a winch to load your car, which probably resulted on the damage to all 3 areas. I think these CO dealers should look into dealing with higher end "enclosed" trailers for those of us willing to pay extra to make sure our cars are not damaged and arriving filthy.

I checked my paperwork, and it was from Diamond Express for my delivery. Now I want to go check the underside of my car after seeing your photos. I recently wrote a review on the paintless dent removal performed on my BRZ, and I do have to say it came out great. Even staring at the fender, you would not know there was any damage. Now I have to hit up the Subaru body shop to see what they can do about the little paint chip.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #291
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Garage
Quote:

Ugh thats not good!! I specifically asked for front bottom placement to avoid any chips or rocks from road debris... The transport company should make this up to you since its obvious they dinged it themselves or gave you awful placement.. Was mileage compared to when the car left the dealer?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #292
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Garage
Quote:

Were you notified of the subcontract? Heuberger should refund some of your fees for this handoff.. You expected one company who provided reliable transport to many members here without issue.. Its not like these cars were travelling across the entire country (3-4 days on the road tops)..
Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #293
chotemaamu

Quote:

Man this sucks! I feel your pain man. Have you talked to Heuberger about this? They need to know about the crappy handling "five star auto" provided during transportation/loading. And they need to compensate you for the damage.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #294
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
to be real though, that looks to be the trucking company's fault for damaging the car not Heuberger's fault. Hopefully the trucking company will make things good but it's a sucky situation regardless. Sorry to hear it. As you guys might have saw at the beginning of this thread I had my car delivered from Heuberger by Diamond Express and it came with no issues at all. Hope the increased demand for this car we've sent their way isn't impacting the delivery times/quality in a bad way...

Tags
brz, buying, california, colorado, msrp