follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2017, 09:58 PM   #239
Silver Supra
Hombre

Drives: 1994 Supra Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now we are ricing!
Old 08-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #240
tptwrc

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
I'd save my breath as it's clear to me from that response that he's a troll.

tptwrc, keep thinking to yourself that "All FWD Hondas are ricers and the FR-S and BRZ are superior sports cars." Repeat that mantra to yourself as you're getting passed by a Civic on the track and maybe you'll convince yourself that it's true.
That sounds like a challenge. I'll put my rwd shitbox up against an equally prepared civic any time....Hell ill even take a 50 hp handicap. Listen, ill be to tell you why fwd is so popular in modern cars. Cheaper to manufacture, cheaper to maintain, allows for more cabin room, easier for your average dolt to control because of their natural tendency toward understeer. Does any of that sound remotely performance oriented?
Here's a simple illustration. Let's say there were to be a contest between all the auto manufacturers to see which could come up with the best performing design. They were each allowed to submit one prototype. How many do you think would show up with fwd? A convertible? Oh, here's one; a solid rear axle?....
You can take a mild mannered car(civic), slap an aero kit on, soup up the motor, tighen up the suspension and give it sticky tires and yes it may do well going round a track. You can literally do that with almost any car. Does that mean any car can be a "sports car?"
tptwrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:22 AM   #241
tptwrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Of course, but that doesn't make one not a sports car. If we are limiting it to only the 1 top performing car, then only one car is a sports car at any given time.

There are tons of cars that perform better than your BRZ/FRS/86 that I wouldn't consider sports cars.

The point we were talking about was your definition of a sports car. And a Boxster is still FAR more of a sports car than your BRZ/FRS/86. A Cayman is also. They provide a different experience, and yes, on the track I prefer the Cayman. On the street, I'd go with the Boxster.
I'm actually very unconcerned with the true definition of a sports car. Everyone can have there own. I'm more concerned about fwd civics being included in a discussion about performance automobiles.
That being said, I've been running with PCA for 3 years now and I can't remember if I've ever been passed by a Boxster. In fact, I seem to recall me doing all the passing where they're concerned. Lol The Cayman, well it goes without saying. I've been lapped plenty by those suckers. Somewhat disheartening but I think I've got their kryptonite this season. Time will tell.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 AM   #242
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tptwrc View Post
That sounds like a challenge. I'll put my rwd shitbox up against an equally prepared civic any time....Hell ill even take a 50 hp handicap. Listen, ill be to tell you why fwd is so popular in modern cars. Cheaper to manufacture, cheaper to maintain, allows for more cabin room, easier for your average dolt to control because of their natural tendency toward understeer. Does any of that sound remotely performance oriented?
Exactly. You seem to forget that the reason why they're popular with track guys is the very fact that they're cheap to purchase and cheap to maintain, plus they're good cars for everyday use. Ironically enough, these are the same reasons you use to associate them with ricers.

Quote:
Here's a simple illustration. Let's say there were to be a contest between all the auto manufacturers to see which could come up with the best performing design. They were each allowed to submit one prototype. How many do you think would show up with fwd? A convertible? Oh, here's one; a solid rear axle?....
How many do you think will show up with a naturally aspirated flat-four? Macpherson struts? 53/47 weight distribution? Your point is irrelevant; the best performing design will also be the most expensive as well and more than likely be unsuitable for everyday needs.

Quote:
You can take a mild mannered car(civic), slap an aero kit on, soup up the motor, tighen up the suspension and give it sticky tires and yes it may do well going round a track. You can literally do that with almost any car. Does that mean any car can be a "sports car?"
No one but you and only you is calling an FWD a sports car.

As far as your rhetorical question goes, of course not. But that hasn't stopped people from doing amazing things with those type of cars.

Quote:
I'm actually very unconcerned with the true definition of a sports car. Everyone can have there own. I'm more concerned about fwd civics being included in a discussion about performance automobiles.
You do realize you started this discussion when you decided to bash Hondas, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:16 AM   #243
tptwrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
Exactly. You seem to forget that the reason why they're popular with track guys is the very fact that they're cheap to purchase and cheap to maintain, plus they're good cars for everyday use. Ironically enough, these are the same reasons you use to associate them with ricers.

How many do you think will show up with a naturally aspirated flat-four? Macpherson struts? 53/47 weight distribution? Your point is irrelevant; the best performing design will also be the most expensive as well and more than likely be unsuitable for everyday needs.

No one but you and only you is calling an FWD a sports car.

As far as your rhetorical question goes, of course not. But that hasn't stopped people from doing amazing things with those type of cars.

You do realize you started this discussion when you decided to bash Hondas, right?
I'm not gonna argue with someone that seems to purposely misinterpret my position. Btw, I'm a track guy and I gotta tell ya, fwd cars are few and far between, honda or otherwise. But, what do I know anyway. Lol
Old 08-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #244
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I'm not gonna argue with someone that seems to purposely misinterpret my position. Btw, I'm a track guy and I gotta tell ya, fwd cars are few and far between, honda or otherwise. But, what do I know anyway. Lol
You sound like you belong on a YouTube comment section lol. "I'm not going to argue", yet you argue. U R 12 and mad kid
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #245
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
It has always been my understanding that the Civic is the car of choice of professional hijackers and street racers everywhere.

Jordanwolf (08-16-2017), SuperTom (02-25-2020), Vic4uf (03-23-2018)
Old 08-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #246
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has always been my understanding that the Civic is the car of choice of professional hijackers and street racers everywhere.

Tbh I really like the 93 civics(black coupe only) , my parents had one when I was a wee lad, BUT SOLD IT. I never had the chance to become a true ricer.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #247
arxm

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2023 BRZ
not allllllll civics are rice, type r anybody

2023 Ignition Red BRZ 6MT awaiting boost
arxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:37 PM   #248
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Is this rice or nice?

Universal GT500 Formula Drift Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler in 62" Width $699.99
Old 03-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #249
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Borderline rice, but still mostly nice (IMO)
Old 03-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #250
8RZ
The Gunshine State

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,163 Times in 587 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
It would look much nicer w/o the wing.

Current DD: M235i
8RZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #251
r_rated

Drives: Porsche 911
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9x74SlY1ik"]Sh*t Civic Owners Say - YouTube[/ame]
r_rated is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to r_rated For This Useful Post:
Vic4uf (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #252
r_rated

Drives: Porsche 911
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOj22XaGZQ"]How a RICER is BORN - YouTube[/ame]
r_rated is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to r_rated For This Useful Post:
Vic4uf (03-23-2018)