follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #29
dark.star

Drives: 86 AE85 / 13 ZN6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peazs View Post
Spotted black BRZ (I believe I did see a BRZ...) heading south on No. 3 Rd. in Richmond today around 3pm!
Most likely my dad in his demo, he's been driving it for a bit over a month.
dark.star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
peazs

Drives: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe
Oh nice! Which dealer is he from?
peazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
dark.star

Drives: 86 AE85 / 13 ZN6
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peazs View Post
Oh nice! Which dealer is he from?
toyota head office but its a black frs (misread you saying brz so that wasnt him)
dark.star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #32
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
You guys are probably the same people who follow me around town recording me with their iPhones. Some guy followed me almost the entire way home like that from Chilliwack last monday.

If you guys see my Ultramarine FRS around town and want to have a look, I don't mind stoping to show you guys.

And to the people above, you really don't want people to even sit in it? I've already let like 30 people sit in the car if they ask. I must be one of the strange ones who see's this simply as a car!

A car is ment to be driven and sat in! It's the only way to truely appreciate this car.

bneale
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #33
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,935 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
...And to the people above, you really don't want people to even sit in it? I've already let like 30 people sit in the car if they ask. I must be one of the strange ones who see's this simply as a car!

A car is ment to be driven and sat in! It's the only way to truely appreciate this car.
I've pretty much let anyone that showed interest see the interior and sit in mine as well. It's not an issue for me as long as they aren't doing anything stupid, and my keys are in my pocket. I could tell in a couple of cases I really made someone's day by giving them access.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #34
EsoBOFH
Senior Hoonigan

Drives: 2016 Hot Lava 6MT FR-S
Garage
I did a road trip to Kelowna this weekend... they were having a fathers Day show and shine at the city/lake park there. The entire JDM crowd and some guys from Classified motorsports invited me to bring my car in, they all wanted to check it out - said it was a shame for it to be sitting in the parking lot!

I declined, as I was headed back to Van.. but if I wasn't I would have for sure brought it in and let the crowd pour over it.
EsoBOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
bneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I've pretty much let anyone that showed interest see the interior and sit in mine as well. It's not an issue for me as long as they aren't doing anything stupid, and my keys are in my pocket. I could tell in a couple of cases I really made someone's day by giving them access.
I've had about 50 people in a week asking to see the car and sit in it. A lot of people really love this car and your right. It really makes them smile to sit in it and enjoy it.

Some people are just too serious and over protective. Don't get me wrong, I can't park my car anywhere unattended. Too many door dings in the past. But I'm still not so protective that I won't let people sit in it or enjoy it.

Look at my sig for example! We proved the Offical/Non-offical Top Gear Boot test of satisfaction by getting Marloon to pose as our sample dead body!

bneale
Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #36
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsoBOFH View Post
I did a road trip to Kelowna this weekend... they were having a fathers Day show and shine at the city/lake park there. The entire JDM crowd and some guys from Classified motorsports invited me to bring my car in, they all wanted to check it out - said it was a shame for it to be sitting in the parking lot!

I declined, as I was headed back to Van.. but if I wasn't I would have for sure brought it in and let the crowd pour over it.
Damn, I live in Kelowna and didn't even know about that! Oh well, had to work through the weekend anyway. :P
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #37
EsoBOFH
Senior Hoonigan

Drives: 2016 Hot Lava 6MT FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
Damn, I live in Kelowna and didn't even know about that! Oh well, had to work through the weekend anyway. :P
When I was there, all the JDM folks were commenting about how they hadnt seen a single FR-S in town yet.. but all had mentioned that had seen a BRZ.

Im guessing they mean you
EsoBOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #38
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Haha, I wonder where they saw it. I've had a lot of people eyeing me while driving but I park all over since I drive a lot for work and have never once came out of an appointment and seen people standing around or taking pictures of my car.
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #39
bneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
Haha, I wonder where they saw it. I've had a lot of people eyeing me while driving but I park all over since I drive a lot for work and have never once came out of an appointment and seen people standing around or taking pictures of my car.
Thats funny because I'm the exact opposite. I stopped at Timmy's on monday in Chilliwack to have lunch and before I could even order my food, 2 guys saw my car and started talking about it. They made a B-Line right for it and started drooling. I went out and let the 2 of them sit inside it and everything.

Then as I'm sitting there eating my sandwich, someone almost crashes into the car in front of them while trying to enter the drive through because their eyes were fixed on my car. The next driver was a young guy and as he entered the drive through line, he stopped and whipped out his phone to take pictures.

I kid you not when I say this happens to me at least 3 times a day.

bneale
Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #40
djjd42

Drives: Whiteout MT now, Alfas in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
And to the people above, you really don't want people to even sit in it? I've already let like 30 people sit in the car if they ask. I must be one of the strange ones who see's this simply as a car!

bneale
Since you are referring to me: Not sure how to put this best, but suffice it to say that I have enjoyed answering plenty of questions about my cars over the years, had great conversations, let strangers hop in, etc. I have done so both when out and about in the neighbourhood and when displaying my cars at shows. I see no conflict between these things and not wanting a shop inviting the public to come check out my car when I am not around. I wasn't kidding when I said I've had cars damaged while in shops. I wish I was kidding but, frankly, people don't take the same kind of care when the owner is not around, and that lack of care has cost me time and money. If that makes me "weird" or whatever this thread wants to call me next then I sure as heck don't want to be normal.

Suffice it also to say that when I receive my car I will eagerly join the active community and I certainly won't be hiding it from the world. People just won't be getting unnecessary access to it when I am not around, that's all. I am quite honestly not sure how that seems odd to some.

EDIT: I have returned to this thread to check up on it regularly because I didn't want to be the type to post and run. That said, checking up on the thread has become a drag and honestly reduced my enjoyment of this forum somewhat. I'm kindly taking my leave of this thread. If for some strange reason someone wants to speak with me about what I have said here, PM me.

Last edited by djjd42; 06-18-2012 at 11:37 PM.
djjd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #41
kidgogeta

Drives: FRS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Spotted a firestorm red 6AT in my DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:h appyanim:

will take pics tomorrow
kidgogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #42
sapphire

Drives: FRS in WHITEOUT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjd42 View Post
Since you are referring to me: Not sure how to put this best, but suffice it to say that I have enjoyed answering plenty of questions about my cars over the years, had great conversations, let strangers hop in, etc. I have done so both when out and about in the neighbourhood and when displaying my cars at shows. I see no conflict between these things and not wanting a shop inviting the public to come check out my car when I am not around. I wasn't kidding when I said I've had cars damaged while in shops. I wish I was kidding but, frankly, people don't take the same kind of care when the owner is not around, and that lack of care has cost me time and money. If that makes me "weird" or whatever this thread wants to call me next then I sure as heck don't want to be normal.

Suffice it also to say that when I receive my car I will eagerly join the active community and I certainly won't be hiding it from the world. People just won't be getting unnecessary access to it when I am not around, that's all. I am quite honestly not sure how that seems odd to some.

EDIT: I have returned to this thread to check up on it regularly because I didn't want to be the type to post and run. That said, checking up on the thread has become a drag and honestly reduced my enjoyment of this forum somewhat. I'm kindly taking my leave of this thread. If for some strange reason someone wants to speak with me about what I have said here, PM me.
Everyone is entitled to dictate what they want to do with their own car. It IS your car, you paid for it. Frankly, I agree with you. I personally know plenty of people who work at dealerships and shops. Lot boys, sales reps, etc., with the exception of some respectful people, most would not really give a damn about any car when the owner is not around.

This is my first "brand new" car, and I feel that I have to more careful with it. Yes, a car is meant to be driven around and sat in, but that doesn't mean that I can't avoid normal things like getting door dings from parking on parking lots and getting the paint around the door handles scratched from wear.. you know? =/

Plus being a woman I am getting stigmatized for most likely not caring about anything about my car. Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Hope I can be different, that's all.

Having said that, I understand why being on a thread (let alone a forum) can be drag. This is why I don't comment, I just read. But I'm hoping for miracle that people would be respectful and decent this time around.
sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote