follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
edo475

Drives: Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FT 86 Motorsport branded wheel spacers

Hi
Looking for anyone that has purchase/used the FT 86 Motorsport in-house brand wheel spacers? Opinion
Pricing is very competitive compared to Perrin, H&R and Eibach.
Thanks
edo475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
FLIPDADY

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo475 View Post
Hi
Looking for anyone that has purchase/used the FT 86 Motorsport in-house brand wheel spacers? Opinion
Pricing is very competitive compared to Perrin, H&R and Eibach.
Thanks
I wouldn't look at the price in this case. The one's at FT86 don't even compare to the quality of Perrin-H&R/Eibach.

I bought cheaper one's locally and they lasted me one season. I've been running Perrin/H&R on my second season. The studs don't strip easily and the overall material is better.

Spend the extra paper for the Perrins.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
FLIPDADY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FLIPDADY For This Useful Post:
edo475 (11-22-2018), wparsons (11-21-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #3
xr1ck

Drives: 2013 10 Series FR-S
I have 4 like new 20mm h&r spacers if you're interested
xr1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
Zouzouzed

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG / 2013 BRZ
Garage
Personally i wouldnt ~trust~ anything from Ft86 Motorsports. Ive received nothing but lies from Sylvain Cayer in the past. Including claiming parts received from FT86 Speedfactory when they were not (confirmed with SF).

Quality will most likely be no existent or on par with anything your local shop can do especially if youre in BC, ON or QC.

IMO if you only want to run them for a couple seasons, till you get new rims, no snow, id say probably go for it. If you want em to last till you sell/kill the car, or in place of new rims go with Perrin/HK.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Zouzouzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #5
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,125 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouzouzed View Post
Personally i wouldnt ~trust~ anything from Ft86 Motorsports. Ive received nothing but lies from Sylvain Cayer in the past. Including claiming parts received from FT86 Speedfactory when they were not (confirmed with SF).

Quality will most likely be no existent or on par with anything your local shop can do especially if youre in BC, ON or QC.

IMO if you only want to run them for a couple seasons, till you get new rims, no snow, id say probably go for it. If you want em to last till you sell/kill the car, or in place of new rims go with Perrin/HK.

Are you referring to in house products with their branding or in general?

I'd order from them over FT86SF for regular parts if the price is right.
I have the added benefit of being close enough to drive to the shop should any issues arise.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #6
Zouzouzed

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG / 2013 BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post

I have the added benefit of being close enough to drive to the shop should any issues arise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post

My apologies for the confusion. Regular parts. Which is more boggling as they have no valid reason to do so. I wouldn't have cared that they were from china, would just like to know.

If i could have driven to the shop i may have purchased a couple more items, hate the guy now and rather not support him but damn, still want those parts from whoever lists the lowest price in Canada. But the service and insults were ultimately unbearable.

Sylvain Cayer (CEO), has a long history history of lying to, scamming customers, and more notably yelling at customers when he makes a mistake.

The google maps page for subiedepot was taken down to minimize the damage because reviews were being hammered so consistently.

Dipit.ca his third company out of the same address, has a similar track. Suprised it hasn't been deleted as its had consitently the worst reviews of the three.

Id suggest searching any of these company names + review. There should be a decent amount of horror stories from other forums, Better Business Beareu, yelp etc... Its pretty easy to tell which reviews are ones he's paid his friends to write.

Zouzouzed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zouzouzed For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (11-23-2018), RToyo86 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #7
mabviper

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I have them. I run 25mm all around. I have no issues with them on the street year round. I don't use them on track or autocross.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
mabviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouzouzed View Post
My apologies for the confusion. Regular parts. Which is more boggling as they have no valid reason to do so. I wouldn't have cared that they were from china, would just like to know.

If i could have driven to the shop i may have purchased a couple more items, hate the guy now and rather not support him but damn, still want those parts from whoever lists the lowest price in Canada. But the service and insults were ultimately unbearable.

Sylvain Cayer (CEO), has a long history history of lying to, scamming customers, and more notably yelling at customers when he makes a mistake.

The google maps page for subiedepot was taken down to minimize the damage because reviews were being hammered so consistently.

Dipit.ca his third company out of the same address, has a similar track. Suprised it hasn't been deleted as its had consitently the worst reviews of the three.

Id suggest searching any of these company names + review. There should be a decent amount of horror stories from other forums, Better Business Beareu, yelp etc... Its pretty easy to tell which reviews are ones he's paid his friends to write.

I am shocked.