follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2016, 10:56 AM   #7071
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
How difficult is it to load the EcuTek tune? I assume you just plug in with your laptop and run the ProECU software to load the file.

Does the tune need to be loaded prior to the shop starting the car the first time?
Yes and yes.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stockysnail For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 06:07 PM   #7072
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
How difficult is it to load the EcuTek tune? I assume you just plug in with your laptop and run the ProECU software to load the file.

Does the tune need to be loaded prior to the shop starting the car the first time?
Very quick and easy. You just have to know where to click because the pro ecu ui is rather unintuitive. But there should be tons of guides online

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianhj For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #7073
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
Very quick and easy. You just have to know where to click because the pro ecu ui is rather unintuitive. But there should be tons of guides online

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
I am going to do a test run tonight to see how it recognizes my car.
I found a written guide from Perrin: http://blogperrinperformance.com/how...-your-brzfr-s/
and a video guide from Delicious Tuning:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKt6GPtTCF8"]EcuTeK ProECU Reflash Program Procedure - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Chad86; 04-26-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:48 PM   #7074
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by walletsr View Post
I will only sell intercooler separately if someone wants the 335 only. I think I snapped a rod not sure what the exact issue was I dropped my car off at the engine builder Saturday. I know there is a hole due to the chunks of metal I found.
Damn man sorry to hear that. How much power were you making?
Old 04-26-2016, 12:16 AM   #7075
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, this is too easy. From watching Delicious Tuning's video and running through a test on my car, I can see this is no sweat. It is just l like flashing firmware or updating software, patches, etc.
From running the software it seems it backups up the stock ECU file automatically as a failsafe. Is this correct?

Thanks for the video @DeliciousTuning

Quote:
I am going to do a test run tonight to see how it recognizes my car.
I found a written guide from Perrin: http://blogperrinperformance.com/how...-your-brzfr-s/
and a video guide from Delicious Tuning:
Old 04-26-2016, 02:58 AM   #7076
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
From running the software it seems it backups up the stock ECU file automatically as a failsafe. Is this correct?
No, there's no need. OEM files are downloaded from ECUtek by ProECU into a folder on the computer.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 04:11 AM   #7077
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Drives: '16 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelflage View Post
Nope. I've gotten lazy in my old age so I'm having the shop install and dyno tune.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I'll have to see it. I'm semi-local. I frequent the Stafford/Fburg area. I have the same. Any supporting mods, smaller pulley, e85, exhaust?
Old 04-26-2016, 04:12 AM   #7078
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Quote:
Originally Posted by walletsr View Post
I will only sell intercooler separately if someone wants the 335 only. I think I snapped a rod not sure what the exact issue was I dropped my car off at the engine builder Saturday. I know there is a hole due to the chunks of metal I found.
Curious to know what you'd want for the 335 blower and charge pipe, and if you'd swap for the 210+cash.. Probably a a lot easier to sell the 210 kit.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:05 AM   #7079
walletsr

Drives: 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I could sell the intercooler for 1k if rifle buys supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by riboyster View Post
What's the reasoning? Also what kinda price for just the intercooler?
I would be willing to sell and swap the supercharger for 1.7k if riboystar buys intercooler.

Would you need a pulley rifle? I have the 85MM pulley and 80MM Pulley. I would be interested in the 75Mm pulley with the 210 if you have that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
Curious to know what you'd want for the 335 blower and charge pipe, and if you'd swap for the 210+cash.. Probably a a lot easier to sell the 210 kit.
I will also have a 340lph pump for sale that I can swap the entire assembly with somebody. 150

Also will have ID 1000 injectors 300

Act 6 puck with the street lite flywheel 300+stock clutch

All of the parts are in the shop and should be off car this week.

Last edited by walletsr; 04-26-2016 at 09:56 AM.
walletsr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to walletsr For This Useful Post:
Rifle (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #7080
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'd have to wait for the winter months. Out of money at the moment and not making as much
Old 04-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #7081
camelflage

Drives: pinto power
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll have to see it. I'm semi-local. I frequent the Stafford/Fburg area. I have the same. Any supporting mods, smaller pulley, e85, exhaust?
I'm not usually down there but maybe with the s/c I'll get interested in going to meets again.

Right now I have a TRD catback and that's it. For my current intentions I didn't feel like I needed an intercooler or a smaller pulley. I'm reading through the sprintex thread to see what kind of intakes / headers people have paired with this. I figured the initial kick in the pants will make me happy for a while, and then I can look into other things down the road to add power.
camelflage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #7082
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelflage View Post
I'm not usually down there but maybe with the s/c I'll get interested in going to meets again.

Right now I have a TRD catback and that's it. For my current intentions I didn't feel like I needed an intercooler or a smaller pulley. I'm reading through the sprintex thread to see what kind of intakes / headers people have paired with this. I figured the initial kick in the pants will make me happy for a while, and then I can look into other things down the road to add power.

I'm surprised you don't have an exhaust, at the very least. I don't give your cats very long, you'll probably burn the one in the header in no time.

So it sounds like you have the 210 non-intercooled. So you're pushing, what, ~200whp? Atleast you know, with the change of a pulley and an intercooler, you can add more power. With a full exhaust, 69mm pulley, and intercooled, I make 260whp.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:33 PM   #7083
camelflage

Drives: pinto power
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm surprised you don't have an exhaust, at the very least. I don't give your cats very long, you'll probably burn the one in the header in no time.

So it sounds like you have the 210 non-intercooled. So you're pushing, what, ~200whp? Atleast you know, with the change of a pulley and an intercooler, you can add more power. With a full exhaust, 69mm pulley, and intercooled, I make 260whp.
Yes, 210 non intercooled. I stopped by mach v and talked to Dan, he's been running a 210 in traffic around here, with the stock headers, for about 15k miles or so with no issues. I think he's around 215hp.

I don't track the car, just daily about 20 miles / 45 minutes each way, not too long in stop and go. I decided against more power because I want to not worry about it. If I up the boost I'm going to want to build the motor to make it extra reliable and then I'm getting into new clutch, full exhaust, and on and on replacing every part I think might be a weak point with higher power levels. At that point it's smarter for me to sell the car and go get a used m3.

The cat issue is interesting, as I wouldn't expect the addition of a Supercharger to spike the egt enough to burn out the cats. Dan is dyno tuning mine after the install, so maybe some of the canned tunes are running on the rich side to be safe and fouling the cats in the process.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
camelflage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #7084
calispec

Drives: Subaru BRZ with Delicious Innovate
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
@sales@delicioustuning.com
@DeliciousTuning

I took a log of the hesitation/stuttering I'm getting below 2k RPM and sometimes even above 2k.

69mm pulley, 93 right now (usually E85), 8.83 update, stock internals and exhaust and intake

This is EXACTLY the same issue I am having but my advanced multiplier has gone down as far as .20. Gets rich for a second, leans way out.. and then comes back down..

I just pulled the supercharger and completely disassembled it, cleaned it, and inspected it. Replaced the seals and put it all back together. New brass elbows, new spark plugs and flushed the port injectors.

I disconnected the evap system to make sure that wasn't causing a problem. Checked the PCV system and that is fine and so is the brake booster.

I replaced the o ring where the bypass goes into the lower manifold with a larger one because there was a small vacuum leak coming from there.

I am 100% positive I don't have a vacuum leak. The only leak I have is from the butterfly bypass valve shaft as it passes through the casting because there is no seal there. This leak is SUPER small.

If you are looking for a vacuum leak the best way I found was to run TorquePro on a android tablet. display AFR as a graph over time and spray starter fluid around all the fittings. The engine won't fluctuate but the AFR will dip pretty far.

If you figure out the problem I would love to know what you did. I am lost and ready run the car into a wall!!

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.