follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

View Poll Results: What would be the first mod you would do to your FT-86?
Wheels/Tires 78 36.79%
Air Intake 29 13.68%
Lowering Springs 10 4.72%
Sound System 13 6.13%
Cat Back 21 9.91%
Coil Overs 22 10.38%
Other (please specify) 39 18.40%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #169
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea1monkey2 View Post
I am going to hack the computer in the car to play a speed matching version of THIS at ALL TIMES.

When the car is stopped, it will be off. Then, as soon as i start moving, it will picked up in speed from stopped to full speed at around 40mph. All of this will be played from a megaphone between the exhaust tips. THIS IS GOLD!
..really? i would have picked Mario's Star Theme, and have a rainbow colored underglow strob faster as the car picked up speed.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #170
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
Even though an LSX swapped FD RX7 loss some balance it still handles great and would put a stomping on stock FD3S, stock for stock swap in a drag, autocross and road course.
Yep, handling didn't change too much with swapped LSx FDs iv driven a few and didn't see much of a difference... buts rotation changed dramatically in certain driving situations. A buddy of mine in guam did the LS7 swap in his FD, but because of the changed characteristics of the output of the engine and where inertial weight was being transferred, the car couldn't plow into corners like it did with the rotary.

I for one would love a LS FD...its the right kind of sports car for me. And the power output of a light/compact V8 ..cant get any better..But if my backyard was a long sloping downhill, with connecting curves..or if i lived in the boonies with a series mid-speed s curves....an LSx FD would probably not be the best performing car on the block.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #171
ToyotaObsession

Drives: 2008 XRunner
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunkie View Post
Right.... So your saying be the first retard to put a Less capable engine in a car so that I can be original. Sounds like you are a genius, and I don't give 2 shits if the 2jz/1jz are played out, I know the engines and what they are capable of, not to mention the aftermarket for both are enormous, instead of bashing my idea, why don't you say hey that will be pretty quick, or I'd like to see that, instead of oh look he's got an idea that I don't like, he must be dumb. You know what's even funnier is that you think your on to something....
Everyone knows what the engines are capable of....

But so what? There's an enormous aftermarket for Chevy Big Blocks too. Does that mean you should throw one of those in? At least that would be so outrageous it would be awesome.

It might be quick if you can keep the rear tires down. The weight of that engine is the front is going to lift the back end right up... /sarcasm.

I'm saying the idea is dumb because every single Toyota car that as ever come out, someone has had to stick a 2JZ in it. Every one. After a while it becomes pointless. You're not breaking new ground, people will coo for about 5 seconds because of the 2JZ and then you'll be forgotten.

If you can even make it work properly. Sticking a Cast Iron straight 6 where a flat 4 resides is not going to be an easy task. Even more so if you want it to be "Streetable".

Quote:
A streetable drag car, but depending how it does we may go extreme(bigger turbo)
Personally I think you're biting off you than you can chew. Even if you do shoehorn it in there. I don't think you'll get the reception you want.
“From the beginning, the concept was to put the driver back in the driver’s seat, and to eliminate computers as much as possible today. Powerful sports cars use a lot of computer technology so that anyone can drive and handle them. We decided not to go down that road.” - Tetsuya Tada
ToyotaObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #172
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
well I can say really, as much as I want to go on about modding my FT-86/FR-S/216A I keep going back to one conclusion, I haven't driven the car so I can't say for sure what I would modify first but I think I would go about doing some weight shedding (loosing the spare and unnecessary interior pieces) that's all I can say for now
NemesisPrime909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #173
BoostJunkie
RaggedEdge Autosports

Drives: 97 APU Supra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaObsession View Post
Everyone knows what the engines are capable of....

But so what? There's an enormous aftermarket for Chevy Big Blocks too. Does that mean you should throw one of those in? At least that would be so outrageous it would be awesome.

It might be quick if you can keep the rear tires down. The weight of that engine is the front is going to lift the back end right up... /sarcasm.

I'm saying the idea is dumb because every single Toyota car that as ever come out, someone has had to stick a 2JZ in it. Every one. After a while it becomes pointless. You're not breaking new ground, people will coo for about 5 seconds because of the 2JZ and then you'll be forgotten.

If you can even make it work properly. Sticking a Cast Iron straight 6 where a flat 4 resides is not going to be an easy task. Even more so if you want it to be "Streetable".

Personally I think you're biting off you than you can chew. Even if you do shoehorn it in there. I don't think you'll get the reception you want.
Wow, whatever you say, I'm done talking to you, I could careless if you think it's stupid. Enjoy your narrow-minded day

BoostJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #174
ToyotaObsession

Drives: 2008 XRunner
Quote:
Wow, whatever you say, I'm done talking to you, I could careless if you think it's stupid. Enjoy your narrow-minded day

Thanks I will!
“From the beginning, the concept was to put the driver back in the driver’s seat, and to eliminate computers as much as possible today. Powerful sports cars use a lot of computer technology so that anyone can drive and handle them. We decided not to go down that road.” - Tetsuya Tada
ToyotaObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:54 AM   #175
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea1monkey2 View Post
I am going to hack the computer in the car to play a speed matching version of THIS at ALL TIMES.

When the car is stopped, it will be off. Then, as soon as i start moving, it will picked up in speed from stopped to full speed at around 40mph. All of this will be played from a megaphone between the exhaust tips. THIS IS GOLD!
WTF??? X2

First, it's a Pop Tart cat?

Second the Google ad that popped up was for a Scion flash mob something or other. I didn't click to look, but my attempts to suppress my HATRED of Scion marketing/BS since the FR-S in NY is being severely tested right now...

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #176
Sleepy-kun

Drives: 1994 Mazda RX-7
TTTTAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOO!!!!!1

No, seriously, I want a turbo, a body kit, and a giant ass wing on teh back so I can be a stereotypical asian ricer.

In reality, I want a turbo, coilovers, catback, lowering springs, and a sound system.
Sleepy-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #177
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
coilovers and lowering springs, huh? haha

I might just do some struts and springs, we'll see what the stock suspension can handle.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #178
rL-gT

Drives: Lexus IS300 / Lexus IS250 AWD
Black / Red / White FR-S

TRD Red BBK all around
Coil overs
Volk CE28 Time Attacks
-18x8.5+40 w 245 Tire up front
-18x9.5 +34 w 265 Tire in the rear
Volk Formula Red Lug nuts
Full LED Upgrade

Gonna get that all done with in the first week (Minus coils)

Cant wait.
rL-gT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #179
CyberFormula

Drives: gti, nsx, integra type r,porsche911
1. 2 FIA approved buckets (still deciding between Bride or Sparco)

2. Coilovers (Tein? perhaps) and then I want to corner balance the car with me in the driver seat.

3. Light weight Rims that are as small as possible

4. If the power is 200hp..i'll bump it to 230hp. I'll be pretty content at 215-225hp stock.

5. If the steering wheel is ugly, i'm getting a momo 3 spoke steering wheel

6. Yellow fog lights (its either white or yellow...as far as i know the law goes)
CyberFormula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #180
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
WTF??? X2

First, it's a Pop Tart cat?

Second the Google ad that popped up was for a Scion flash mob something or other. I didn't click to look, but my attempts to suppress my HATRED of Scion marketing/BS since the FR-S in NY is being severely tested right now...

WHAT ABOUT THIS!!! LMAO 21,625 for a GD tC.

GOLD

Watch all the parts it'd make you want to burnt the fort down.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #181
bofa

Drives: Ms. Daisy
^I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that car is a joke. Scary to be in agreement with PAIT though.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #182
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofa View Post
^I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that car is a joke. Scary to be in agreement with PAIT though.
Don't lose yourself.

Tags
ft-86, ft-86 mods, ft-86 parts