follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #197
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
well, if I was going to put down a deposit, I'd get a written contract pulled up and signed off saying that my deposit is just for a hold etc. The money is fully refundable etc.

Though speaking about Subaru's version I wonder if my investment in their partnership will still allow me to get a VIP Discount :/ Well Guess I can try to put a deposit at both dealerships. How much is the typical deposit?
I'm just pulling this answer out of my ass, but I would assume each dealership will be different on how they set up their deposits and waiting lists. Getting something in writing to be sure the deposit is refundable is definitely a smart thing and something I'll be doing once I figure out how the dealerships around me are going to work it out.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #198
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
I'm just pulling this answer out of my ass, but I would assume each dealership will be different on how they set up their deposits and waiting lists. Getting something in writing to be sure the deposit is refundable is definitely a smart thing and something I'll be doing once I figure out how the dealerships around me are going to work it out.
Well what you said has got me thinking, and I don't want to derail the topic as far as I ever did so I made a new topic here.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394

Hmm... I really do wonder how this'll work lol.
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #199
Spideyrex
ex Celica/Wrx/Tc owner

Drives: Yamaha FZ6, Toyota Rav4 Sport
Oh my god!!!! I haven't had a chance to see all the posts but this reveal is amazing! My wife looked over my shoulder and said "When can we go for a test drive of your new car?" Very, very good wife.
Spideyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #200
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I'm sure that they (thankfully) will not.
Yeah pretty sure in a interview toyota said no buttons on the steering wheels. this is a drivers car and doesnt need buttons on the wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embarrassed View Post
I can't believe I am going to say this but....

Where are the cupholders?!?!? As a genuine driving enthusiast who has drug myself out of bed on the weekends an hour early for drag racing, two hours early for auto-xing and three hours early for track days more times that I can count; I shudder at the thought of having yet another car that the cupholder only works when she is awake.
inbetween the front seats and its sliding too just in case the drinks get in the way of shifting (looking at u gt500)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
You can place down deposits without knowing how much they cost? and how many they will be? how much is need for deposit? And I think I should try to contact a Subaru.
Yea deposit was 500 all refundable. they mark everything down on the forum as "To Be Determined" only things they write down was colour and transmission choice.

I wasnt the 1st either

whoever puts a deposit down in BC msg me maybe we can go in together and get a groupbuy or at least some sort of discount or added service
Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #201
NorCalRider

Drives: 2009 Toytoa Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab LB
I am loving it, just wondering what the back seat foot room will be.
1994 Honda Civic HB TurboCharged Track Car
NorCalRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #202
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Yea deposit was 500 all refundable. they mark everything down on the forum as "To Be Determined" only things they write down was colour and transmission choice.

I wasnt the 1st either

whoever puts a deposit down in BC msg me maybe we can go in together and get a groupbuy or at least some sort of discount or added service
Hmmmmm, curious, last time I checked a local dealer no one had a clue what an FR-S/BRZ was -_-; Sigh
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #203
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
Hmmmmm, curious, last time I checked a local dealer no one had a clue what an FR-S/BRZ was -_-; Sigh
I think it depends on the dealer

I called around asking and one of the dealerships was like you mean the Tc right? He had to ask his manager about the FR-S but the other dealership knew about the car and some info (tho this forum had soo much more) they are also the 2nd largest seller of Scions in Canada tho.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #204
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post

I've sent out a whole bunch of e-mails to all the close dealerships to hopefully get the same thing accomplished. Unfortunately I'm not in the BC area...or maybe that's a good thing and people here don't know about the car yet...:happy0180:
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #205
Evolutionjames

Drives: nissan
Send a message via MSN to Evolutionjames
thanks for the info
Evolutionjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #206
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
There are two speakers on the rear interor panels.

Ok looks like that stuff next to the brake lights are not speakers....but there are speakers on the interior side rear panels...nice find!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #207
jayjayjayjay

Drives: AE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
There are two speakers on the rear interor panels.

Looks like the rear seats have mount points sewn to access mounting for a racing harness!!!

Last edited by jayjayjayjay; 11-28-2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: grammar
jayjayjayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:37 AM   #208
Chokonen888

Drives: Seibu Shinjuku Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
They exist. I've never used them but at least ford sells cloth heated seats and I'm sure others do as well.
I work for a manufacturer of heated gear and have been toying with the idea of heat panels for aftermarket reclining/bucket seats for awhile. Our controllers are pretty lightweight and can be easily flush mounted, the heat panels weigh nothing. (Ever pick up OEM heated seats?) Best of all, the heat can be adjusted from 3~100% instead of the crappy on/off or low/med/high switched that come with most heated seats. Maybe time to get on it...
Chokonen888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:17 AM   #209
Gardus@Supersprint
Banned

Drives: Clio TCE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I would never fit something like that in a car for fear of a short circuit and a fire...
Gardus@Supersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #210
Chokonen888

Drives: Seibu Shinjuku Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardus View Post
I would never fit something like that in a car for fear of a short circuit and a fire...
Controller has short and reverse polarity protection. (and is also waterproof) Fire won't happen unless you crank it all the way up and fold any heat panel in on itself 3X+. (basically, you'd have to be a darwin award winner) Most of what we sell goes to bikers who need it to ride during the winter. If there were problems like you fear, they would have been sued out of existence years ago. (Though some of the Chinese knock offs of their products have been)
Chokonen888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gt 86 forum, gt 86 forums, gt86 forum, gt86 forums, toyota gt 86, toyota gt 86 forum, toyota gt 86 forums, toyota gt 86 review, toyota gt-86 info, toyota gt-86 review, toyota gt-86 specs, toyota gt86, toyota gt86 forum, toyota gt86 forums, toyota gt86 info, toyota gt86 review, toyota gt86 specs