follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #281
theenglishmidget

Drives: 2004 WRB STi | 2013 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hi all,
Been lurking forever... Here goes my first post.

Ordered a 2013 GBS BRZ Limited a couple weeks ago. Patiently waiting for it to come in!

Big into cars and forums. Should be spending lots of time here in the future.
Somebody let me know if there is a Boston area meet anytime soon.

Cheers,

2013 BRZ | 2004 WRX STi
theenglishmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #282
DocCola
Something funny

Drives: 2011 WRX hatch DGM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Figured I would say hi here. My name is Ajay, I'm an active army soldier stationed in WA at Lewis but originally from MA. I drive a nicely done stage 2 2011 WRX hatch and though I love it I am currently saving money and making plants to trade to a BRZ limited around the end of this year.

I'm noticing the dealers here in the North West are now charging a "NW market Premium" on any Subaru sold her to include the BRZ. The window sticker I saw yesterday was a 2,000.00 markup. Leads me to think I might end up having to buy out of state.

I've got plenty of questions that I'll ask but I don't think my first post is the appropriate place to do so. So, Hi, glad to meet you all, I love reading the build journals of the BRZs (and FR-S's) on the site and I will be gaining inspiration from all of them in some way or another I'm sure.
Dadhawk (02-14-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #283
kilrb

Drives: '13 Black BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfig21 View Post
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking the forums for a while just learning about the car. I currently own a 2012 mustang gt but i've been considering trading it in on a BRZ. It seems crazy to give up 200 hp but my previous cars have been an 06 WRX and a 96 240 with a built ka-t. Anyways i'd love to hear your thoughts if any of ya'll have come from high hp cars.
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. My last two toys were a 410whp C5 Vette, and then a 440whp 03 Cobra. I have fallen in love wi the twins after driving two 86's and a BRZ. I love the handling and feel of the twins. My only concern is the power, but I think I'm over the power is everything mentality. I figure ill probably wind up putting a supercharger on down the road... I should get my white Premium by the 1st. If you're still curious, feel free to holler at me mid-March, and I'll tell you my thoughts... :happy0180:
kilrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #284
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited, 6sp, SWP
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Happy BRZ owner

Hey guys/ladies, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carl, I live in the Tacoma area of Washington. I picked up a "used" brz over last weekend, grabbed it at 2600 miles.

A gorgeous Satin White Pearl, BRZ Limited, manual trans. Absolutely love the car, previous owner had already gotten the windows tinted, full clear bra protection kit and a Perrin stubby antenna. Wifey bought me a Perrin crank pulley and master cylinder brace while at a visit to the Perrin shop a few days ago.

My other toy is a 2006 Eclipse 3.8L turbo, which is currently located with PSI in Portland for a stand alone EMS and turbo plumbing rebuild. It's a beast but 100% different from the BRZ in so many ways, it's so fun to have both cars for whatever suits my fancy for the day.

Future plans of a full suspension build on the BRZ with most likely the Perrin supercharger kit, once the high output kit comes out. 260-300 whp on this car would be total rocket ship. Please pass along the know-how that you guys have learned over the last year of owning the car. I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Wonderbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #285
FlyingWasabi

Drives: 2004 Celica GT
Hi, my name is Jesse. I'm 31 years old and I'm a car-o-holic. I've been this way my whole life, and I hope to be able to join this "support group" on Monday if everything goes through swimmingly.
FlyingWasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #286
Red John
and True Blue

Drives: Red 2013 BRZ Limited MT--sold 8/9
Hello my name is Bob

not really John but my new BRZ Limited is Red and it's Killer!

I sold my (lots of mods) FJ Cruiser and paid cash for my BRZ, still learning about all the features.
Dealer took $707 off MSRP after some abuse and lies (why not? they lie to us )
As far as I can tell there isn't much that isn't on this car that was available.

very happy with the deal I made.

My account isn't allowed to post new threads yet, What are the two black plastic dead end boxes coming off the air cleaner and air intake tube doing there?
Red John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #287
Llyon V2

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Hello

My name's Manny and I recently picked up my 2013 Scion FR-S in Raven. I traded in my beloved 2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx for it. I am new to the Scion world, but feel right at home, since I've only ever owned Wrx's. My other car is a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Tr that is my other pride and joy. My regards to everyone and happy building.

Regards,
Manny

Some pics of both of the cars:
My 06 Wrx

The day I picked her up:

Llyon V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #288
turp117

Drives: 2013 BRZ DGM
Hey all. I have a dark grey metallic brz that I'm going to be taking to the track in addition to being my daily driver. I'll be making a few modification to the car and will try to keep you guys updated with its progress for anyone interested. Happy driving!
turp117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #289
hernanBRZ
Chilean

Drives: BRZ '13 + Civic Coupé '96
Garage
Hi!!!
I got my new BRZ galaxy blue on february 14th... I'm in love with it.
From Chile with love LOL
hernanBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #290
Sazungki

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Halohaaa..

Nice to meet you guys... my car is coming on june
i want to prepare some wheels exhaust coilover for my first move..
Sazungki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #291
yannerd
Member of Junior

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
O hai. Just picked up my satin white brz yesterday!
yannerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #292
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
So I've been lurking here for a while now, but since I've gone and done something rather rash I thought I'd better make an account.

Found this limited listed at an MA dealership for two grand less than anything out here in Colorado. Bonus points for not having any stupid fake-chrome bling packages installed. Went and saw it last week and bought it right off the truck I guess. Title's headed my way today

Sadly (for me anyway) I won't be getting my hands on it until June when I can road trip it out here to CO; until then my sister will get drift it around Massachusetts :jealous:. I guess at least I won't have to torture myself with sub-4k rpm driving for the first thousand miles? (She will though!)

SO excited for June!
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #293
Soslow
Banned

Drives: 2010 Suzuki SX4 SportBack
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Haven't bought a BRZ yet but I intend to pick up a 2014 BRZ DGM. The first model year problems are a bit... ehh, aside from that Subaru has a long history of releasing a new car and then dramatically improving the next MY. I started saving in June and now I have 12K to put down on a limited! This will be my fifth Subaru and 10th car.

So on that note, when should I be able to order a 2014?? The wait is already killing me.
Soslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #294
kilrb

Drives: '13 Black BRZ
Hi, I'm Brandon. After test-driving an FR-S on a whim, while getting my Nissan Murano serviced, I fell in love with the twins. I wasn't in the market for a toy, until I drove the FR-S. Since then, I've been dreaming and reading, debating, etc. After a couple of months, I picked up my Premium black BRZ today. We just got a foot of snow yesterday, and I had to drive 160 miles to get her. She got a little dirty on the drive home. I'm going straight in for a clear bra tomorrow morning! Man, how nice it was to finally get a long drive in one of these cars. I really enjoyed my 2 hour trip!

kilrb is offline   Reply With Quote