follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #3109
AnthonyArcaro

Drives: 2014 White Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hey guys so currently I have eibach lowering springs on my car (only about an inch lower than stock. I have the stock tires on 17x7.5 rims and 25mm spacers in the back and 30mm spacers in the back.

I'm Kind of sick of having spacers so I was thinking of buying 18x8.5 +35 rims for the front and 18x9.5 +38 rims in the back. Could anyone please tell me what size tires what fit this setup and be able to clear everything including the stock struts. (Also if I will still need spacers)
Thanks!

Instagram: @subyota
AnthonyArcaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #3110
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
help on tires setup

been pm'ing and posting questions on a setup i want and the wheel directory and the fitment calculator have me perplexed. i would like to have decent rubber to bulge over the tire and protect the rim. looking at konig oversteer 18 x 9at 42 offset and wanting 255/35/18'sto get the meaty look. leaving at stock height as its a daily driver and have winter tires for that season. don't want to buy coilovers but will get spacers to miss the factory coil perch. i'd like to have the sidewall poke with the rim about flush. fitment calculator showed i had this cased with a 12mm spacer on the front and 17 mm on back but a pic of a stretched 245/35/18 with no spacer on bremmer kraft had only 2mm clearance to stock perch and obnoxious poke.
am i asking for the impossible here? consensus?
Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 AM   #3111
SickMinded_Fire

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
SSR Professor SP1 Wheel - 18x10

need some advice with a wheel and tire combo, SSR Professor SP1 Wheel - 18x10 wrapped with 240/35/18, will they clear the inside? or will i have issues with rubbing? also a 1.5inch drop. thx, new to the forum.
SickMinded_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:22 AM   #3112
Killerbee

Drives: GR86 / Supra MK5 MT / MR-S / Z4
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyArcaro View Post
Hey guys so currently I have eibach lowering springs on my car (only about an inch lower than stock. I have the stock tires on 17x7.5 rims and 25mm spacers in the back and 30mm spacers in the back.

I'm Kind of sick of having spacers so I was thinking of buying 18x8.5 +35 rims for the front and 18x9.5 +38 rims in the back. Could anyone please tell me what size tires what fit this setup and be able to clear everything including the stock struts. (Also if I will still need spacers)
Thanks!
Tires ->
Front 245/35/18 // Rear 265/35/18 this will look about flush with the wheel

Front 225/40/18 // Rear 245/35/18 This will have a light stretch.

Both will clear without spacers, the front will poke 3-5mm (see the pictures in my journal -> Link in signature) rear is about flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
been pm'ing and posting questions on a setup i want and the wheel directory and the fitment calculator have me perplexed. i would like to have decent rubber to bulge over the tire and protect the rim. looking at konig oversteer 18 x 9at 42 offset and wanting 255/35/18'sto get the meaty look. leaving at stock height as its a daily driver and have winter tires for that season. don't want to buy coilovers but will get spacers to miss the factory coil perch. i'd like to have the sidewall poke with the rim about flush. fitment calculator showed i had this cased with a 12mm spacer on the front and 17 mm on back but a pic of a stretched 245/35/18 with no spacer on bremmer kraft had only 2mm clearance to stock perch and obnoxious poke.
am i asking for the impossible here? consensus?
18x9 +42 front will rub. Using spacers with that size is not advisable, also, if you add 12mm spacer, it will bring it to an +30, this means the front will poke about 8-10mm outside fender. Also, that meaty look on stock suspension is not looking good in my opinion, as it gives the car an off road truck look -> Done it myself

For reference -> Check out the following pictures, and add another 5mm to the poke, this is about what your setup will look like

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=75

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickMinded_Fire View Post
need some advice with a wheel and tire combo, SSR Professor SP1 Wheel - 18x10 wrapped with 240/35/18, will they clear the inside? or will i have issues with rubbing? also a 1.5inch drop. thx, new to the forum.
Need to know the offset to answer it corretly. However, 10" wide wheel will doubtfully fit in front (or poke alot). Also, there is no 240/35/18, so it would rather be 245/35/18. Also, 245 wide tire on a 10" wheel (so 254 wide wheel) will be stretch, and not advisable handling wise. If you're into hellaflush, I'm not here to judge, go for it then.
Killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #3113
SickMinded_Fire

sorry offset +3, I'm going with the rocket bunny kit

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...63805650316785
Old 05-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #3114
Tim86UK

Drives: Toyota GT86
Hi guys, i've decided on my build and want to know if this will fit without rubbing using the following kit. http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/ft-8...l#.Vz8cBpMrLMU

Rays 57C6 18x9.5 ET40

Next i'll have to decide on tyre size and whether i go for nankang ns-2r or michelin pilot ss for dd and occasional track use

Thanks.

Last edited by Tim86UK; 05-20-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Tim86UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #3115
Gutterboy

questions on your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
Tires ->

18x9 +42 front will rub. Using spacers with that size is not advisable, also, if you add 12mm spacer, it will bring it to an +30, this means the front will poke about 8-10mm outside fender. Also, that meaty look on stock suspension is not looking good in my opinion, as it gives the car an off road truck look -> Done it myself

For reference -> Check out the following pictures, and add another 5mm to the poke, this is about what your setup will look like

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=75

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=98
thanks for the pics and i think your car's wheel set up looks great without the drop.

could you elaborate on why using spacers is not advisable?

i get what your saying on the ultra poke and the silly offroad look and agree. but to accomplish a non-issue fitment with 9" all around for ease of tire rotation i'm gonna need some spacer to clear factory perch even with the smaller 245's that i didn't want to stretch over the 9" rim. (gotta compromise somewhere, actually wanted 255's but that seems to be asking the impossible)

so although 12mm spacer is ridiculous, perhaps the 5mm or if i can somehow find someone that sells one a 7mm would get enough clearance for the wheel and still let me stay with the 9" all around for great concavey look, and the ability to rotate tires. i would then also just spacer the rear to match the profile of the front.

thoughts? or is this still not advisable?

in advance,
Old 05-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #3116
Killerbee

Quote:
thanks for the pics and i think your car's wheel set up looks great without the drop.

could you elaborate on why using spacers is not advisable?

i get what your saying on the ultra poke and the silly offroad look and agree. but to accomplish a non-issue fitment with 9" all around for ease of tire rotation i'm gonna need some spacer to clear factory perch even with the smaller 245's that i didn't want to stretch over the 9" rim. (gotta compromise somewhere, actually wanted 255's but that seems to be asking the impossible)

so although 12mm spacer is ridiculous, perhaps the 5mm or if i can somehow find someone that sells one a 7mm would get enough clearance for the wheel and still let me stay with the 9" all around for great concavey look, and the ability to rotate tires. i would then also just spacer the rear to match the profile of the front.

thoughts? or is this still not advisable?

in advance,
Is the wheel you're looking for not coming in an +35 offset? if not, and you're dead set on this wheels, you only can go with the spacer option.
Spacers however always put additional stress on your ... dont know the english word ... point where the stuff is mounted to your car, so thats why I do not recommend it. However, its nothing "totally wrong" with it. (To be fair, lowering the car with springs does also put more stress on the rest of your suspension, so its all just a matter of accepting the facts)

7mm spacers will work, 5mm probably aswell, but depends a bit on the tirebrand and wheels you're using. its very tight in the front.
btw, if you put on spacers, I suggest to do the same amount all around.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #3117
Killerbee

Quote:
sorry offset +3, I'm going with the rocket bunny kit

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...63805650316785
Sorry, no experience with the rocketbunny setups, so I leave that one to be answered by someone who knows what he talks about :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim86UK View Post
Hi guys, i've decided on my build and want to know if this will fit without rubbing using the following kit. http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/ft-8...l#.Vz8cBpMrLMU

Rays 57C6 18x9.5 ET40

Next i'll have to decide on tyre size and whether i go for nankang ns-2r or michelin pilot ss for dd and occasional track use

Thanks.
This will be either ultra tight, or rub (depends on the tires, but I'd say it will rub anyways). Dont they do an offset around +35?
Any why not getting proper coils, the price is not that much off fromt he kti you've linked

Tire size I would suggest at least 245/35/18 for 9.5" wide wheels. Maybe 265/35/18 for rear.
Also, DONT save money on the tires. They are in the end the most important part of your suspension. Nankang are not know to be high end tires.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #3118
Gutterboy

my konig dilemma

i'm looking at 245/35/18 hankook ventus v12 evo2's on konig oversteers 18" X 9" which have an offset of 42.

i'd be looking to minimize the spacer to just give me the clearance inside the wheel from the stock perch.

there's a thread on the konig oversteer fitment to which a senior member states that going to a 9" in the front will definitely need at least a 3mm slip spacer for clearing on the 245's so i'm guessing the 5mm would do; its just whether it will look good at that.

my ideal look would be to have the bulge of the sidewall plucking out of the flush plane of the fender; but since i have my heart set on these high offset wheels; the 245's are most likely going to stretch onto that wide 9" rim so i have to live without the ideal look to get a set i can tire rotate and keep the concaveyness of the 9's.

to match the flushness of the front i am going to have to spacer the back unequally. so if i end up doing 5's in the front i'll have to do 10's in the back to match flushness won't i?
Old 05-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #3119
SickMinded_Fire

ok i understand, well can you at least tell me if i will have problems on the inside? towards the suspension?
Old 05-22-2016, 04:32 AM   #3120
yo.dur

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
im looking into buying some used rays gramlights 57dr 18x9.5 +38 with 245/40/18 tires. This would be a square setup on stock suspension. From what ive read so far the rears should fit fine with some wheel poke. However, it gets a little iffy regarding the front. Will the front wheels clear the stock suspension with that tire size and offset?
yo.dur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #3121
hypebrz
IG: @HypeBRZ

Drives: Series.Hyperblue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Did some research but I am not the brightest bulb about wheels, wanna double check with you guys if this will fit and be flush with fenders

Drop 20mm on RCE Yellows
Front
-18x8+40mm wrapped in 235/40/R18 with 5mm spacer
Rear
-18x8+40mm wrapped in 245/40/R18 with 15mm spacer

According to fitment chart that's somewhere on this forum, this would be 1mm off front and rear which isn't a big deal... or am I completely wrong?
Old 05-23-2016, 01:31 PM   #3122
Killerbee

Quote:
i'm looking at 245/35/18 hankook ventus v12 evo2's on konig oversteers 18" X 9" which have an offset of 42.

i'd be looking to minimize the spacer to just give me the clearance inside the wheel from the stock perch.

there's a thread on the konig oversteer fitment to which a senior member states that going to a 9" in the front will definitely need at least a 3mm slip spacer for clearing on the 245's so i'm guessing the 5mm would do; its just whether it will look good at that.

my ideal look would be to have the bulge of the sidewall plucking out of the flush plane of the fender; but since i have my heart set on these high offset wheels; the 245's are most likely going to stretch onto that wide 9" rim so i have to live without the ideal look to get a set i can tire rotate and keep the concaveyness of the 9's.

to match the flushness of the front i am going to have to spacer the back unequally. so if i end up doing 5's in the front i'll have to do 10's in the back to match flushness won't i?
pretty much more or less. It may be off by some mm, but its as close to front/rear match as possible. Since not all tire/wheel manufacturers do use the same exact meassurement (so a 18x9" +35 may look slighly different flushness wise from one to another manufacturer)

Quote:
ok i understand, well can you at least tell me if i will have problems on the inside? towards the suspension?
I doubt you will have issues on the insed with that offset, but again, I have no experience with those wide setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo.dur View Post
im looking into buying some used rays gramlights 57dr 18x9.5 +38 with 245/40/18 tires. This would be a square setup on stock suspension. From what ive read so far the rears should fit fine with some wheel poke. However, it gets a little iffy regarding the front. Will the front wheels clear the stock suspension with that tire size and offset?
Hard to say. its super tight. I have seen some setups with those wheels and 245/35/18 tires, but again, its super tight. You'll probably have to try it out. It will poke alot in the front however when you're on stock suspension and no camber at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypebrz View Post
Did some research but I am not the brightest bulb about wheels, wanna double check with you guys if this will fit and be flush with fenders

Drop 20mm on RCE Yellows
Front
-18x8+40mm wrapped in 235/40/R18 with 5mm spacer
Rear
-18x8+40mm wrapped in 245/40/R18 with 15mm spacer

According to fitment chart that's somewhere on this forum, this would be 1mm off front and rear which isn't a big deal... or am I completely wrong?
I'd go for 245/35/18 square, otherwise this should be about flush
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killerbee For This Useful Post:
hypebrz (05-23-2016), yo.dur (05-23-2016)

Tags
fitment, flush, offset, rays volk te37's, rims, rotas, size, spacers, width