follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #3151
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlined600 View Post
Anyone see the April Fasttrack. The strikeouts didn't copy over so it doesn't quite read correctly, sorry. Go look it up.
That's ~20lbs under the 35lb rule, ~40lbs under the 25lb rule, that we can't lose any more... If I remember my seat weights right.

I also don't know if it really makes a difference, but I can see this being a turn-off for people that go to ST* because they hate their stock seat in their car. At least the OE seats are reasonably good in the twins, all things considered, as far as support and holding you in. If you're the right size. Maybe for everyone...

STX at least seems relatively dominated by modern cars, but I can see this pushing a bigger wedge into classes like STS where it's even harder for current safety equipment equipped cars to compete. Some factory seats get pretty heavy.

As someone that hasn't changed seats because local drivers SUCK and I kinda want the extra protection... I don't have a strong objection. It's an interesting development.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #3152
bslate3

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Looks like the new Dunlop Z3 is available on Tire Rack. Anyone going to try them out? I can’t afford to be the Guinea pig lol.
bslate3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #3153
G_Ride

Drives: Some kind of Subaru
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslate3 View Post
Looks like the new Dunlop Z3 is available on Tire Rack. Anyone going to try them out? I can’t afford to be the Guinea pig lol.
They'll probably still be slower than the RE71R and Rival S
G_Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #3154
Simmons

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I just got done putting a race seat in mine the other night.......

Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:18 AM   #3155
bmacfrs

Drives: 2013 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons View Post
what brand? how was the install?
You have a harness too?
bmacfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #3156
Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacfrs View Post
what brand? how was the install?
You have a harness too?
Corbeau , with a Corbeau seat mount/sliders.

Easy install.

Simmons

Old 03-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #3157
kinghurl

Drives: BlueBurz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Eric,
Time to write letters man. The fuel rule change just got rammed through, steering wheel take back, now seats...case of boiling the frog slowly. If you like ST as it stands, you(all) need to write letters to the SEB (see link below) to tell them to stop ****ing with the fastest growing classes in Solo.
Fuel rule was over 15 years old. Seat rule has been around for a long time-these changes cost us $ and have nothing to do with class growth-unless you want to kill it. If you wanted to piss off the rank and file and slowly kill a growing class, this is what it would look like. SEB does listen if enough people speak up.
Write your letters:

https://crbscca.com/?page=submitLetter
kinghurl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinghurl For This Useful Post:
justint5387 (03-28-2018), whataboutbob (03-29-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 05:20 PM   #3158
Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghurl View Post
Eric,
Time to write letters man. The fuel rule change just got rammed through, steering wheel take back, now seats...case of boiling the frog slowly. If you like ST as it stands, you(all) need to write letters to the SEB (see link below) to tell them to stop ****ing with the fastest growing classes in Solo.
Fuel rule was over 15 years old. Seat rule has been around for a long time-these changes cost us $ and have nothing to do with class growth-unless you want to kill it. If you wanted to piss off the rank and file and slowly kill a growing class, this is what it would look like. SEB does listen if enough people speak up.
Write your letters:

https://crbscca.com/?page=submitLetter
I agree,......why can't they just leave it alone?

Simmons

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simmons For This Useful Post:
justint5387 (03-28-2018), tigermack (03-27-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #3159
kinghurl

Quote:
I agree,......why can't they just leave it alone?

Simmons
Will share the text of my letter once I finish...let me find my angry pen!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinghurl For This Useful Post:
jbailey8748 (03-27-2018), justint5387 (03-28-2018), tigermack (03-27-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #3160
jbailey8748

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ
Garage
I just finally got these damn seat. Wtf

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
jbailey8748 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbailey8748 For This Useful Post:
justint5387 (03-28-2018), tigermack (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #3161
Mr.Scion

Drives: 2014 scion frs

I installed my Mann rear bar

All set for my first event this sunday.

Im really proud of my alignment also,

Front camber L & R -3.7
Front Caster L=6.7 R=7.0
Front toe Total=-0.16 deg L & R -0.08
Rear Camber L & R = -2.5
Rear Toe Total = 0.18 deg L & R 0.09

Ride height is a little taller than Id like but that because the MCS were originally designed for street class and have the 30mm taller shafts as compared to the standard MCS dampeners.

Last edited by Mr.Scion; 03-28-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Mr.Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:36 AM   #3162
justint5387

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Are those endlinks installed correctly?
justint5387 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justint5387 For This Useful Post:
Mr.Scion (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #3163
Mr.Scion

Drives: 2014 scion frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by justint5387 View Post
Are those endlinks installed correctly?
Yes. I’ve been hearing a lot about this recently. The car was on jack stands. I triple checked to make sure they’re on the correct way. Here is a picture with the car on the ground

Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #3164
kinghurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghurl View Post
Will share the text of my letter once I finish...let me find my angry pen!
Here's my letter I intend to submit to the SEB at www.sebscca.com

******************Begin Letter***************

Stated Core Values of SCCA SOLO Triangle
1. Increased Participation and involvement
a. This value is listed at the peak of the triangle as the premier core value
2. Variety of competition experiences
3. Evolving rules in a planned manner
The ST growth rate is over 62% taking just the last 10 years into consideration. This alone suggests that the SCCA is meeting the Top core value of the SCCA Solo triangle of Increased participation and involvement.
I contend that the propsed changes to ST 14.2.B are at odds with that core value.
The Minimum seat weight and airbag rule proposal is being put forward to “better align the allowances with the weights of todays common seats and mounting hardware.” Firstly, there is no such thing as a “common” seat. Stock ND Miata seats come in close to the actual minimum weight of todays’ rules and Stock BMW seats are no where near it and in some cases double the minimum weight. It’s a poor argument. Worse yet, it is a reversal of class intent to make a class designed to represent the common things an enthusiast would do. Now suddenly we need to be “better aligned with today’s common seats and mounting hardware”(what exactly is a “common seat”?).
Many of the Stock ST seats weigh more than the proposed 35lbs and significantly more than the current 25lb rule making them ideal candiates to change under current allowances. The purpose of the additional 10lbs is unclear and ill thought out as it has nothing to do with safety and seems to impose an undue financial burden on a majority of the ST participants. At the very core of the SCCA Solo Triangle is the evolution of rules. Takebacks, as this would represent, are not an evolution of rules designed to attract members(their reason for showing up has not changed), but represent a REvolution that does nothing to continue to welcome this unique class of P1s.
The continued takebacks of long standing well regarded and accepted rules are more likely to have the “take my ball and go home” effect vs driving towards the main core value. Fuel takeback, propsed steering wheel airbag take back are just some of recent annoyances that if not addressed will continue unabated and finally stifle continued growth. It’s time to stop.
One of the things that makes SOLO racing so attractive is the purity of the concept-there are no spectators to cheer us on, it’s driver vs driver and keeping it driver centric is the key to our continued success. Drivers want cool racing seats in the aftermarket, this is the target audience of ST. Let’s not loose sight of this.
The ST seat allowance has been in effect for over 10 years and the over 62% growth in the class since that time is evidence of the SCCA meeting the top core value of increased participation
There are a few well reported cases (some occuring at Solo Nationals 2017) of airbag deployment without impact in racing and some street driven scenarios. The strong adherence to course set up safety rules within Solo has made it remarkably free from incidents where having seats with integral airbags have been relevant. If the argument is made for these being street driven cars, consider that the bulk of cars in ST are street registered and reflect the desire of adult participants to make certain modifications to their street driven cars. They understand the risks of seats with integral air bag removal and have spoken with their participation. This unique class of P1 adults represents the SCCA solo’s fastest growing class and they have come off the streets to this venue of like minded auto enthusiats. Let’s ensure they continue to be welcomed.
I oppose this rule change proposal on the above grounds and think this progression (Airbag take back, Fuel take back) represents moves that serve only to alienate the very unique class of P1s.
www.sebscca.com

****************End of letter******************
If you think someone else will send the letter so not to bother, hear this: the current Fastrack indicates it's still open to responses on the way the most recent take back is being received: Fuel...
The SEB is listening, but this is your club and your response matters. Waiting to speak up at one of the town halls is too late-they simply don't occur frequently enough. This is one time where voting "often" is not frowned upon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinghurl For This Useful Post:
G_Ride (03-30-2018), jbailey8748 (04-04-2018), justint5387 (03-30-2018), whataboutbob (03-29-2018)