follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Dilly's Frs - I like Purple.

This list was updated on 5/16/14 and I am about 12% done with my build. haha!
I know I'm forgetting a lot of stuff in this general list, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Exterior:
-Beatsonic Shark Fin Antenna
-Wrapped Roof Gloss Black
-Toyota Badges
-Grimspeed License Plate Relocation kit.
-Valenti CR-1 Taillights
-APR Carbon Fiber Brake Ducts
-Seibon Carbon Fiber CSL trunk
-JDM Sidemarkers
-Gloss Black Headlight Housing
-Show License Plates
-HID's
-Cree LED switchback turn signals

Suspension:
-HSD Coilovers
-Cusco Adjustable Power Braces
-Spencer Fabrication Rear Chassis Brace

Wheels:
-Varrstoen Es2 Square Setup 18x9.5 +34 offset. Originally white, powdercoated purple.
-Wrapped in 255/35/18. No issues rubbing even while lowered. Didn't roll fenders.
-Custom Purple 86 Center Caps
-NRG Neochrome Lug Nuts

Audio:
-Integrity Concepts dual 10" enclosures with 8" kickers(kickers have adapters).
-600 watt Amp.
-Hertz HSK 163 Audio Setup.
-Android Ca-Fi Head Unit.

Interior:
-Anarchy Motive Shift knob.
-Cusco Drift knob.
-Rexpeed Carbon Fiber E-brake Handle.
-Dome light.
-Painted interior white.
-Black Traction Control Buttons (off of Australian Spec 86's)
-

Engine:
-OFT (Open Flash Tablet)
-Grimmspeed Hood Struts
-Motive Concepts HFC
-MXP Catback
-MXP EL Headers
-FA20 Club V2 Intake
-86 motoring Alternator,Water, and Crank Pulley.
-PasswordJDM Engine Cover.

My name is Dylan, or on these forums "Enjoi23." Anyway, I own a Whiteout Fr-s, and was drooling over this car months before I even got it. My goal with this car is to give it tastefully done modifications ranging from performance, cosmetic, and audio upgrades. I plan on going with a white and black theme, with carbon fiber. There will be plenty of carbon fiber ...I might even throw some purple in the mix as well.

Stay tuned for updates..

Late October 2012 - I got my Whiteout!

After I got my Fr-s, I thought I'd start off small and work my way up..and the best way to do that is LEDs!

Next, I plasti dipped the scion emblems, front and rear.

But I ended up rebadging to Toyota!

Next was the shark fin by Beatsonic. I bought it off of the group buy for this a while back. It's a little bigger than I'd have hoped for, but it's still the best aftermarket antenna out right now to me!

Then my [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Grimmspeed License plate Relocation Kit[/COLOR] came in!

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Grimmspeed Hood Struts[/COLOR] also came in! They are very quality and have very good clearance, but I can't use them with a Carbon Fiber hood..So I'm selling them in the near future.

I bought these CREE LED switchback turn signals from Phastek Performance who are based in Houston where I live. They are part of this forum, and I'd recommend them for great quality service and products. Chris @ Phastek has his own Whiteout Fr-s and it's gorgeous! They'll be getting some interesting products soon, so you guys should keep them on tab *cough aftermarket headlights cough*
Note:These turn signals are direct plug and play. I had the LEDs from Concept three LEDS based in vegas and they were horrible. I had fitment issues, and when I told ConceptThreeLEDS about it, he just said use tape. I don't think I should have to use tape to fit a bulb in a socket, it's a 2013 car. Sure enough, he sold over a 100 of these turn signals IN THE WRONG SIZE and changed his name to Vicious LED to keep selling. Chris gave me the right size and it fit like a glove.

I also got some JDM Clear Side Markers! This is all of my lighting currently.

NEXT:Roof Wrap Gloss Black and front Lip also wrapped. The Whiteout Sharkfin antenna doesn't look too good on a black roof, so the guy wrapped the antenna for free!

That was the majority of the small things I've done. The next things, I put quite some money in..

Motiv Concepts Overpipe & Catted Front Pipe next to the stock HEAVY ones!

Then my Tail lights came in! Valenti! I've seen some Spyder tail lights having condensation. These are running great right now. I wish the brake lights and turn signals were a little more defined functionally, but you will have no problem seeing them behind you.

Oh, what's this now? My first carbon fiber accessory. APR Carbon Fiber Brake ducts. The function of these ducts are to cool down your brakes by using air flow. It get's a lot more technical than that, but you get the picture. Unfortunately, these don't come with the hoses, so those come later. There's pros and cons to this piece though. Pros, it looks good and is functional, but fitment is slightly off. I've learned from past builds carbon Fiber pieces rarely fit right though, so this is just the gamble of the game!

I dipped my interior white. I'm going to add more white accents later on to compliment Carbon fiber pieces I will be putting in as well.

I installed my MXP Catback! It's a 2.5" exhaust with a very deep tone. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

I also plasti dipped my stock rims anthracite. These also have 86 center caps! I bought those on the forum..

At that point in time, my car looked like this..

Once again, big changes were made..

My friend Brian and I took off the bumper..

And he painted my headlight housings gloss black! I couldn't do it without his help!

I bought these Varrstoen Es2s from KendallDWhite..If you ever get a chance, look up his Fr-s. It was a firestorm with an amazing build..one of the best I've seen, and now it's not firestorm anymore..Go check it out

These wheels are 18x9.5 with a +34 offset.

I was bored with them, so my cousin and I were having fun plasti dipping them.

That combination might have looked sick on the car, but I had something better planned..purple! I sent these wheels to get powdercoated by a friend. My friend does all the powdercoating for iss forged, so I knew it would turn out great.

Also, my MXP Equal length Headers came in! This is a picture of the equal length headers with the overpipe it came with vs the stock headers and a motiv concepts overpipe. I'm very happy with these headers because it's not too loud, but definitely has a presence. Now, I've replaced all the stock piping and only have one cat, which would be on the motiv concepts front pipe I'm running!

I also got this Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Ebrake handle and Cusco Drift knob from Chris at Phastek Performance. They're the ones who took all the pretty photos from Sema 2013 lol. Anyway, I scooped these up for a good price and am happy with it. I might hydrodip the knob purple, but that's in the future. It feels a lot better than stock to grab with the carbon fiber. I highly recommend it not just because it looks good.

I also installed this Android head unit. It's rooted and bought it from a local fr-s owner for a good price. I can play Angry Birds with it haha.

I also bought a Seibon CSL style trunk from Chris at Phastek Performance. I have bought about four things from them in person, but I bought this trunk from them through the forum during a sale they had. Great Price and it's here in one piece.

I had these center caps custom made by Redline Graphics. They really bring out the wheel even more! the background is a metallic purple to match the wheels, but the 86 logo itself is reflective white, which shines at night like emergency signs.

A close up of the wheels..

This is my car in the front, and a couple members of the Houston 86 Club behind me..

About the trunk, I was waiting to have it coated before I put it on the car because the UV rays from the sun can eat away at the coating that comes on carbon fiber parts, but I couldn't find anyone to do it, so I just decided to put it on and hope for the best!

It looks really agressive and beautiful at night with my valenti tail lights, but it wouldn't show up right in pictures because of glare. Here are the shots anyway..

Forgot to post my intake, but I've had it for a while. Might take it out and powdecoat it. FA20club V2 Intake and you can see one of my pulleys as well.

Finally got rid of the lift kit! Hsd Coilovers. They're really stiff, but i actually like it. Might just be my imagination, but the car feels like it handles better.

Integrity Concepts Dual Enclosures in and sound great. 2 might be overkill for this small car, but my OCD made me get both sides to balance it out. I still have plenty of room in the trunk. Those are Cusco Power braces by the way. They're on the car as well, but I'm doing other things to the engine so I'm going to post everything at once.

Amp Hidden by spare tire. I'm going to need to find a better lace for it with more heat ventilation, but I'm not pushing it too hard so this will do for now.

Anarchy Motive Shift knob was ordered in October and supposed to be in in November, but came in in March. Waiting was horrible, especially after being promised it'd come in week after week for a couple of months. I can't lie though, it's a really quality piece and surprisingly worth the trouble. The white looks nice and it doesn't feel too big and I have small hands. Heavy as hell, but shifts so smooth. Interiors out to get painted. and I have black buttons now!

I have a hertz hsk 163 sound system to install. No idea how to install as I'm not too big on audio, so I'm not sure how to install it. Waiting for friends with free time to help me with that. I'm done with audio after this.

Edit: System doesn't fit, so I bought audio spacers to fit the woofers in. Still have to set up. Hopefully soon..

Got custom plates made by Underground graphics. These are strictly for show and offroad purposes. Not street legal. Looks cool though.

Underground Graphics shop brz!

I also got my dash signed by Jonny Craig, my favorite singer. He was in the bands Isles & Glaciers, Emarosa, Dance Gavin Dance, Ghost Runner on Third, and now Slaves. His life's a mess haha.

Head Unit was giving me problems, but an upgraded one is on the way. Words cannot describe how much I hated this HU, so it's a blessing in disguise.

Also, I bought OFT, better known as Open Flash Tablet. It really woke up the car now. A turbo was in my future after the warranty was up, but I don't think I need it anymore. Just a couple more bolt ons and a tune is all this car needs to be perfect.

I will be tracking the car in the fall with my car club. Brake pads,fluid change, and driver mod coming in for that. Don't worry, the subs come out easily. I won't be tracking with them. I might go back to stock rims for events though. If I find rpf1's on a deal, they'll be what I burn rubber on.

This list was updated on 5/16/14
All of the big things are really out of the way, so I'm going to do little things like interior pieces, powdercoating parts, etc. next. Stay tuned.

Ordered but not in yet-
New Ca-fi head unit.
Spencer Fabrication Rear Chassis Brace - Blue.
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover.

Picture of the Rear Chassis Brace.

Last edited by enjoi23; 05-16-2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: adding moer stuff to build!
enjoi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Garage
reserved for more future logs!
Old 11-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Redlinedfrs86

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
nice build so far!
Redlinedfrs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redlinedfrs86 For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-16-2013)
Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinedfrs86 View Post
nice build so far!
Thanks She's going to be a lot better in the springtime!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
JOSI

Drives: Daihatsu
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CF.. Trunk looks good.. im trying to get my hands on one aswell...
JOSI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JOSI For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-16-2013)
Old 11-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
When will you get rid of your lift kit?
Ammonia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ammonia For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-16-2013)
Old 11-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSI View Post
CF.. Trunk looks good.. im trying to get my hands on one aswell...
Try either ft86speedfactory or Phasteksport.com. I went with Phastek during a sale and got it for about 672 shipped. That's tax included price!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
When will you get rid of your lift kit?
Very very soon. Sorry about that lol. I could have gotten coilovers a long time ago, but I'm trying to get it all done at once. Going to order control arms, coilovers, upper mounts, end links all together. I just am trying not t halfass it, I'm trying to do it right... You can't rush greatness
Ammonia (11-16-2013)
Old 11-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi23 View Post
Very very soon. Sorry about that lol. I could have gotten coilovers a long time ago, but I'm trying to get it all done at once. Going to order control arms, coilovers, upper mounts, end links all together. I just am trying not t halfass it, I'm trying to do it right... You can't rush greatness

Nice man thats gonna really complete the look. I only got springs for now lol not looking forward to the big coilover bill!
Ammonia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ammonia For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
You and I have different opinions on what is considered "tasteful" but it's your car to build, carry on sir!

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turbowned For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-18-2013), mfbmike (11-17-2013), whaap (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
You and I have different opinions on what is considered "tasteful" but it's your car to build, carry on sir!
What he said.

What exactly is tasteful here? It still looks riced-out
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brianhj For This Useful Post:
Juvenile (11-17-2013), whaap (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #12
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
What he said.

Let's not go making fun of member's cars on their build thread. If you don't like - don't comment.
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snoopyalien24 For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (11-17-2013), enjoi23 (11-18-2013), gatorbushmen (11-17-2013), Wolfking (11-19-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #13
E46toFT86

Drives: IB '05 E46 M3 ZCP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
too much going on. Your car so whatever

'05 Interlagos Blue
E46toFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to E46toFT86 For This Useful Post:
enjoi23 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #14
enjoi23
12% Done with the car.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
What he said.

It is actually pretty "riced out" at the moment, you're right. I don't have much performance mods besides my headers back to exhaust.

If it makes any difference, this car will be tracked in the future. I had an injen intake, the 3 piece 86 motoring pulley kit, and a crawford catch can, but I took all of it off because the Injen intake sucked badly, a local company is coming out with a pulley kit that replaces all seven pulleys(minus the AC compressor pulley), and I'm going to get the D3PE Catch can(takes up less space than crawford). I also ordered a fa20 CAI and Perrin Master Cylinder Brace. Like I said, this build is about 10% done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Thankyou for looking in the first place! I understand that purple isn't for everyone. Have a good day