follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #15
lazyluka
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: GT86
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 347
Thanks: 576
Thanked 378 Times in 103 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
Thank you for that ! And I don't touch the rear alignment right ?
You will probably get charged the same regardless, so if you want to make a change make it, but it looks OK. I can't really give you more advice than this as I am not a suspension expert, I am just going on what was said to me in the past which in summary goes along these lines: "Small amount of toe in on the rear aids stability, small amount of toe out on the front aids turn in, toe accelerates tyre wear"


Before you go in for a wheel alignment, is there anything else you are planning on doing in the short term?

If you are looking at lowering springs etc, you may wish to do all that at the same time to save you an additional wheel alignment.
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #16
allowe
Senior Member
 
allowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Drives: FR-S
Location: mississauga
Posts: 540
Thanks: 215
Thanked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyluka View Post
You will probably get charged the same regardless, so if you want to make a change make it, but it looks OK. I can't really give you more advice than this as I am not a suspension expert, I am just going on what was said to me in the past which in summary goes along these lines: "Small amount of toe in on the rear aids stability, small amount of toe out on the front aids turn in, toe accelerates tyre wear"


Before you go in for a wheel alignment, is there anything else you are planning on doing in the short term?

If you are looking at lowering springs etc, you may wish to do all that at the same time to save you an additional wheel alignment.


Man thanks for your reply! I'd love to get coilovers or sportline springs by eibach but I don't wana scrape on anything or be stupid low or have a really stiff ride. I do however want to improve handling. I've realized that on back roads, my tires tend to give up and slide quickly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #17
guybo
Huge E85 fan!
 
guybo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,779
Thanks: 512
Thanked 961 Times in 579 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The only down side is that you lose $30 (or so) and spend a couple hours installing. In other words- there IS NO down side. I have SPC cambolts up front and got -2 degrees of camber and the difference was noticeable. I should have dialed ina few degrees more camber int he rear (SPC camber arms -1.7 degrees) because the car is too easy to create oversteer now.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #18
lazyluka
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: GT86
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 347
Thanks: 576
Thanked 378 Times in 103 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
Man thanks for your reply! I'd love to get coilovers or sportline springs by eibach but I don't wana scrape on anything or be stupid low or have a really stiff ride. I do however want to improve handling. I've realized that on back roads, my tires tend to give up and slide quickly.
I am not sure about if the 1 degree camber difference on your rear axle could be an issue or not as seen on your earlier post. You may need rear camber adjustment? Again ask the experts, I am not one.


@Racecomp Engineering may be able to offer you some advice, or you could try reading/asking in this thread if you have time: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45554


For lowering springs, the RCE ones seem very highly recommended.

You don't necessarily have to have a lower car with coilovers and handling mods, while lowering does add it's own benefits, it's not a requirement.
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #19
allowe
Senior Member
 
allowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Drives: FR-S
Location: mississauga
Posts: 540
Thanks: 215
Thanked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyluka View Post
I am not sure about if the 1 degree camber difference on your rear axle could be an issue or not as seen on your earlier post. You may need rear camber adjustment? Again ask the experts, I am not one.





@Racecomp Engineering may be able to offer you some advice, or you could try reading/asking in this thread if you have time: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45554





For lowering springs, the RCE ones seem very highly recommended.



You don't necessarily have to have a lower car with coilovers and handling mods, while lowering does add it's own benefits, it's not a requirement.


The guy who aligned my car said it was good. I know camber isn't adjustable with stock arms. Only toe is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #20
allowe
Senior Member
 
allowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Drives: FR-S
Location: mississauga
Posts: 540
Thanks: 215
Thanked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)


Oh shoot!! I forgot. I had my car realigned because I didn't like the alignment before with that camber being too far!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allowe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OEM front camber bolts B-R-Z Suspension | Chassis | Brakes 4 04-30-2014 08:05 PM
WTB Front Camber bolts manualmotive Want-To-Buy Requests 2 04-17-2014 02:45 AM
Front Camber Bolts option hanabie Suspension | Chassis | Brakes 8 11-10-2013 01:28 AM
*FREE alignment* When you get Front Camber Bolts and Rear Camber Arms Installed! Corner3garage Mechanical Maintenance and Tools 6 10-31-2013 03:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.