follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #29
DCStorm

Drives: 2013 FR-S (RIP), 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Sounds like a feedback loop of some sort. Outside my area of expertize but no doubt somebody here can help. I find it odd that the installer couldn't identify it though.

Yeah same here. I'm not sure if there just saying stuff to get me out of there but I need this fixed. I am clueless when it comes to car electrical stuff hence why I paid for a professional install. I can clearly hear the whine tho so I know it's not perfect.

Also thank you Helios for that info. I'm gonna show that to the shop next time I go for the whining sound
DCStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:44 AM   #30
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCStorm View Post

I'm most likely gonna just get rid of the amp and sub to reduce the power it's using to see if that helps with the whining sound, especially if it's coming from the alternator. It sucks but I'd rather have a reliable car then better sound.

Try a stronger CCA battery. Optima red for dd and soft mods, Yellow top for strong mods like subs and such.

Good choice btw. Reliability>sound.

You coulda had it allll though.