follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #15
rxlynn

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This kind of s**** is why I always try to sit in a restaurant where I can see my car. So sorry, but I'm sure it will eventually look as good as new.
rxlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rxlynn For This Useful Post:
continuecrushing (10-27-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #16
AVodka14

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I am hurting for you buddy. I am so sick of these fucking idiots that have no moral or decency to fix what they break. I hope there was a camera and justice is exacted. It would give me much pleasure to know their license plate was captured on camera and the police can make a personal visit to them. I would beat the shit out of the person that does this because they are low life assholes in all aspects of life. This world is full of blustering idiots and I am losing my hope for humanity on a daily basis.
AVodka14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #17
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxlynn View Post
This kind of s**** is why I always try to sit in a restaurant where I can see my car. So sorry, but I'm sure it will eventually look as good as new.
Which is actually a good thought!
People are creatures of habit so whoever hit your car may frequent that restaurant.
You could swing by every once in a while and take a quick look at the cars for paint transfer or damage. Of course don't look too shady and get yourself shot or something like that!
Old 10-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #18
FatFree

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
^^ good thinking.

The thing is I'm almost 100% sure I know what car hit me. When I pulled into the spot at the restaurant the person parked to the left of me was getting out of their SUV. I'm pretty certain it was them because it was late at night and when I got out of the restaurant my car was the only one left in the lot. So there wasn't enough time for that person to leave and for someone else to take their spot.

It also really sucks because after I initially parked my car I walked back to my car to re-park it and center it a little more in the spot because I was a tad too close to the car on my right. I should have just left it where it was...

I think the person who hit my car had a few drinks, got in their suv and noticed that there were barely any cars in the lot so they could reverse in the wrong direction to get out of the lot a little quicker. But they probably didn't see my car since it is much lower than their suv. Ahhh it's just so frustrating...
FatFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:56 AM   #19
yellowfrs
511/1500

Drives: Angry Banana
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I feel your pain. I hope the person who did this to your car will have someone do this to their person.

I also had this happened to my car a long time ago except the person actually made the effort to find me inside the building. Now that I love my 86 so much, I only drive it to work, and I always park far away from all other cars. I drive my suv when I have to run errands and stop at walmart, target, costco, etc where people don't think twice about swinging their car doors wide open, pushing shopping carts around cars, and backing up their cars into others.

Good luck with catching the jerk(s) and getting your car fixed!
yellowfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowfrs For This Useful Post:
FatFree (10-25-2014)
Old 10-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #20
HyperTech

Drives: Mazda3 2013 / Scion FR-S 2015
wow, too much of these stupid driver that dont know how to drive and get away too easily.

i am lucky that my frs is not my primary car, i can use it only when i know i have a direct view on it 100% of the time.
HyperTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #21
jblmr2

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Had this happen recently to my MR2 Spyder. The damage was in nearly the same place as yours but a bit more extensive. The Spyder has bolt on fenders so the labor would probably be a bit less than with yours. Body shop I chose quoted $3100. That included a new door skin, fender, and some minor parts. I'm certainly no expert, but my guess is that the fender will have to be replaced. Your insurance should take care of it under the comprehensive coverage. Sorry about what happened, I can feel your pain.
jblmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #22
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
File insurance claim, call it a day. why do ppl get all riled up over these things? I mean, that's why we have insurance for right?

It's not like they frame damaged your NSX, or destroyed some one-off carbon body work. Sure it's a hassle w/ insurance, but at least you'll get it all fixed, and then some. Also, looks like just sheet metal damage, not too hard to fix w/ some time. Be glad it's not anything suspension/drivetrain/frame related.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #23
FatFree

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznatama View Post
File insurance claim, call it a day. why do ppl get all riled up over these things? I mean, that's why we have insurance for right?

It's not like they frame damaged your NSX, or destroyed some one-off carbon body work. Sure it's a hassle w/ insurance, but at least you'll get it all fixed, and then some. Also, looks like just sheet metal damage, not too hard to fix w/ some time. Be glad it's not anything suspension/drivetrain/frame related.

It just sucks that this is on my cars record now... And a $1000 deductible may not be a lot to some people but that's a big chunk of change for me. And what do you mean 'and then some?' I find it unlikely my car will be any better after this incident...
FatFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #24
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFree View Post
It just sucks that this is on my cars record now... And a $1000 deductible may not be a lot to some people but that's a big chunk of change for me. And what do you mean 'and then some?' I find it unlikely my car will be any better after this incident...
This should be comprehensive, not collision. Your comprehensive deductible is 1k? Wtf? Mine is 250 for comprehensive. Lowering your deductible for comprehensive won't raise your rates that much.

You can get a quote from the most expensive place, get insurance check, then bargain it down with the shop to offset your deductible. Since auto shops will also pay the deductible on your behalf. Lastly, you could go with an aftermarket hood if you're into that look, and save some money.
FatFree (10-25-2014)
Old 10-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #25
civdaddy

Drives: Slow
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
There is a good chance that the bodywork will not show up on a carfax report. My first car needed body work 2 times through insurance and it never showed on my carfax. Which is why carfax is not what many think.
civdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to civdaddy For This Useful Post:
FatFree (10-25-2014)
Old 10-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #26
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Why is the text so big?
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo95eg6 For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (10-27-2014)
Old 10-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #27
lantsalot
Derp

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFree View Post
^^ good thinking.

The thing is I'm almost 100% sure I know what car hit me. When I pulled into the spot at the restaurant the person parked to the left of me was getting out of their SUV. I'm pretty certain it was them because it was late at night and when I got out of the restaurant my car was the only one left in the lot. So there wasn't enough time for that person to leave and for someone else to take their spot.

It also really sucks because after I initially parked my car I walked back to my car to re-park it and center it a little more in the spot because I was a tad too close to the car on my right. I should have just left it where it was...

I think the person who hit my car had a few drinks, got in their suv and noticed that there were barely any cars in the lot so they could reverse in the wrong direction to get out of the lot a little quicker. But they probably didn't see my car since it is much lower than their suv. Ahhh it's just so frustrating...
Whenever i park next to someone who i have a suspicion may hit my car backing out, i always take a picture of them with my phone, making sure to get my car next to theirs, and their plate. Just in case.
I have a lot of pictures of people's shittily parked cars on my phone.
lantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #28
itsatrapp_eh

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Do you live in Richmond BC? I ask because while living in Richmond I was hit and run in parking lots 7 times with my last vehicle.
itsatrapp_eh is offline   Reply With Quote