follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
Z06tofrs

Drives: Black fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cel issue

I was 29 on another threads list about the cel and seeing people say the whole engine needs to be torn down and rebuilt etc etc has me worried. When I go to sell my vehicle this will show up on the car fax report as major work and or rebuild needed thus killing the resale value of our cars. My question then is this does Toyota/Subaru offer any type of refund if under 30days?

I was looking forward to modding this car and even purchased multiple bolt ons and the Visconti tune; however, with this I am debating any mods to my car.

Not to be a complainer or anything but I can't be the only one sitting here thinking about what will happen to my car or even if they "repair" the part what's saying it won't fail again. I'm only 3weeks into owning this and not even 1week later it's needing to me a major repair.

At this point reading all the different posts I think I would rather have my old car back that was ripped into whenever and where ever, and never gave me trouble minus expensive tires.
Z06tofrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
cnk

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm not aware of any 30 day return period from Subaru/Toyota. If the major work is done under a recall notice, I don't believe it would adversely affect the resale value of the car unless the recall work was never done on the car. The only thing you could get at this point would be to invoke the lemon law in your state, but that generally requires 3 or more attempts by the manufacturer to address a specific issue without resolution. Each state has different requirements in order to exercise the lemon law though so you would have to check with your state.

As I stated in another thread, almost every car has issues during the first year of its release. You just don't usually hear about it unless it's a major catastrophic issue concerning almost every car produced. As with anything else, it's the ones with issues that will scream the loudest. Those that don't have issues are out driving, not surfing the web for reports of an experienced issue.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
There is always some risk when modding a car. This can range from voiding your warranty to causing serious damage to the car. You should understand what you're doing before making any mods.

That said I'm not sure why the specific worry about the check enging light. It's an idiot light and usually just means some sensor saw an abnormal condition. If your modding your car one of the first tools you should have is and OBD2 scanner of some sort.

Did you acutaly have the check engine light come on, or are you just worried because you've been reading about issues others have had?