follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKiTeCkT View Post
But it doesn't mean I wont negotiate the price.
You have NO negotiating power at all. You will take whatever price they offered when you put down the deposit. That is the price of a non-refundable deposit. You have already bought the car.

Mine was 500$ and the bill of sale clearly says subject to price approval and test drive (so basically an open right of first refusal)
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
If I may put at spin of explaining these *fees*:

Price XXXX <== for subaru, only they know how much *premium* they want to add to the *premium* trim
Ontario Tire Tax - 29 <== standard and required.
Freight - 1595 <== hey, it is subaru not scion.
Federal Air Conditioner Tax - 100 <== standard and required
Admin Fee - 199
<== to pay for their nice dealership room and manager's chair. Pure profit from their point of view.
Registration Fee - 299 <== to pay for the guy who run to the DMV for your paper work and get the plate back, or maybe the sales to do the paperwork for you.
License fee - 94 <== price to pay to DMV to *get* the plate for one year. No, scratch that, this fee only pays from the sale day to your next birthday so it would be less than one year registration fee for 74. Probably add 20 bucks for new car registration. So they get some changes out of this.

So, the last three items (199+299+94 = 594) are the ones the dealership charges you for doing all the sales work, people running to DMV and back, and the charge for registration. Do I think it is right? No! But some dealer do not charge doc/admin/registration fee while some dealers do. Maybe for a new car they charge that, but that is up to you whether you accepts it or not.

Actually, by typing all of these just remind me when I go to the dealership when checking the vehicle and need to read all the fine prints of these extra charges they put to the bill of sale.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #17
smbrm

Drives: Scion FRS Ht Lva(AT)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Until they have cars looking for customers as opposed to customers looking for cars I think they will be wringing you for all they can get and if you don't like it, they will just go back to the list!
smbrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #18
ArKiTeCkT

Drives: 2010 Gen Coupe, 2013 BRZ 6MT S.Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibot View Post
Lol i jst realized you ordered a subaru. Anyways, everything looks good. Subaroo does have more freight than scion. We didnt get hit with an admin fee at our group buy...
According to Saibot, who already preordered a FRS all fees were the SAME except admin fee. And his was a GROUP BUY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
You have NO negotiating power at all. You will take whatever price they offered when you put down the deposit. That is the price of a non-refundable deposit. You have already bought the car.
Mine was 500$ and the bill of sale clearly says subject to price approval and test drive (so basically an open right of first refusal)
On the contract, it states that I will purchase the vehicle, but it will be based on MSRP nothing under or over plus fees. I was keen on getting this car regardless of the test drive because I found it a better value compared to other coupe (gen coupe, g35, accord, mustang). I hope this clarifies things for the people that are thinking they charged me 40,000 and I simply said "yes".

But talking about supply and demand, if I refused to pay these fees there would be another person willing to pay these fees. So your reason of negotiating a price, would in this case, not work. The dealer would just contact the next person in the list. I think your going to have to wait 6-12 months to even negotiate the price of this vehicle, otherwise its buy it at XXXXX or dont buy it.

Khyron what fees did they charge you?

Considering this is a 2013 model and not 2012. I believe there isn''t any room in negotiations. Reason being, is that depreciation has not reduced the value of the vehicle. With 2012 models produced in 2011 and the current year(2012). Meaning that 1 year has passed since the vehicle was produced. Dealers need to get rid of old models, therefore, try to negotiate the price in the favour of the buyer.

Please comment or correct me on my analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrm View Post
Until they have cars looking for customers as opposed to customers looking for cars I think they will be wringing you for all they can get and if you don't like it, they will just go back to the list!

Last edited by ArKiTeCkT; 04-14-2012 at 07:29 AM.
ArKiTeCkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Oh I agree with you that because the demand seems good and there's a list, I'm not going to be getting any deals. If I get sticker + fees and a discount on some accessories I'll be happy.

My only power (and that of anyone else really) is that we can walk out/walk away if the deal is bad. Ie, the dealer says we're tacking on a "1500" paint protection fee. I say screw you and walk, and wait a month or two. But because you have PAID 1000$ and will forfeit it, you're in a worse position if they pull a stunt like that. Telling them to lower or get rid of some of the fees - why would they? They already have you. Hopefully the dealer is classy and wants to keep a good reputation though.
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #20
MTD

Drives: Hyundai
Use CCC to find out the invoice of the car.

Invoice $$$?
Freight $1,5??.??
A/C Tax $100.00
Dealer Profit $300-$500

Subtotal $????
HST (13%) $????
Government Fees $???

=????

Dont pay the PDI or any of the other dealership fees. I would not pay MSRP and definately any dealer markup either.
MTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #21
ArKiTeCkT

On the contract it says that any deviation from the price discussed above I have the right to refuse and refund my deposit. The only fees thats stated in the contract are the ones I listed above. So any paint or rust protection stunt will fail because its not in the contract.

I dont mind paying for MSRP plus fees. But I'll definitely ask for free or discounted accessories - car cover, sunshade.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #22
Saibot

Drives: 01 Toyota Corolla / Porsche 911 C2
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
On the contract it says that any deviation from the price discussed above I have the right to refuse and refund my deposit. The only fees thats stated in the contract are the ones I listed above. So any paint or rust protection stunt will fail because its not in the contract.

I dont mind paying for MSRP plus fees. But I'll definitely ask for free or discounted accessories - car cover, sunshade.
"Paying mrsp + fees.." You might as well say "paying over mrsp". You've put yourself in a horrible position. They can say no free acessories, car cover, sunshade. Hell, they can say "no free coffee for you while you wait".

299 for registration is a rip. Admin fee is a rip. If mrsp ends up at 35k; its a rip, and there's nothing you can do.

Regardless of what happens or how crappy they treat you (mind you, they may not treat you bad, I'm saying hypothetically) you're still obliged to either give up your deposit or buy the car in full + some extra "fees"...
Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #23
ArKiTeCkT

I agree with you. But if that happens it'll definitely be the last time I deal with them. And he will be part of a blacklist, in the event that the sti version comes out in the near future.

Lesson learned.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
zex

Drives: Subaru WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I agree with you. But if that happens it'll definitely be the last time I deal with them. And he will be part of a blacklist, in the event that the sti version comes out in the near future.

Lesson learned.
What was the name of your dealer?

I ordered my BRZ from Subaru Markham too, I'll post my contract later today.
zex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
ArKiTeCkT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zex View Post
What was the name of your dealer?

I ordered my BRZ from Subaru Markham too, I'll post my contract later today.
I ordered mine from Subaru Markham, sales person was Nicholas.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #26
roddy

Drives: '13 Ultramarine
Thanked 1,165 Times in 685 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I didn't ****er on the sticker...I want this car.
Base: $25,990.
OMVIC/envrio fee: $35.40
Freight: $1495
A/C tax: $100
Admin fee: N/A
Platinum Protection: $299

Ultramarine 6M
roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #27
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post

Ultramarine 6M
What's included in the protection plan?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #28
ArKiTeCkT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post

Ultramarine 6M
Im assuming your ordered the FRS...Are you doing a trade in cuz they didnt charge you registration or plates?