follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List
MisterSheep

Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #477
eddieflyinv

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardleeaf View Post
Hey Eddie,

I followed wayno's guide and was able to fix a bunch of crazy numbers. However, I do not have two rows showing temperature, only one row. Any idea of how I can fix this?

http://imgur.com/HJycZq5
I have no idea how to fix that... OFT A01D roms are B01D interally so the defs I linked should work and define that table properly. I'm no expert so that's as far as my knowledge goes with these xml and bin files to be honest. Just making sure they match each other.
You'll have to ask someone else or ensure 100% you're using the right defs and don't have OFT definition files loaded in romraider alongside Waynos, or at least not before ? Not entirely sure but I only have 1 in the definition list per CAL/ID

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited by eddieflyinv; 08-16-2017 at 08:55 PM.
eddieflyinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:53 PM   #478
eddieflyinv

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolF_RS View Post
Definition file should match with the CAL, correct?
My CAL is: ZA1JD00C

Here are all 5 tables that were mentioned, along with the definition file I'm using.
Also to follow up on this, I checked the OFT roms and the OFT D00C is a D00C internally.
Waynos defs won't work as they're for roms that are B01C/B01D internally.
If you're still interested PM me and I'll help you out, can still get this to work for you.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #479
eddieflyinv

Same goes for @guybo and @gypsy_seven provided you guys haven't figured it out by now lol
Feel bad leaving people out and I have helped a few others with roms that don't match the defs so I don't mind doing the same again

Old 08-17-2017, 01:48 AM   #480
cwvisual

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hey Eddie,

I followed wayno's guide and was able to fix a bunch of crazy numbers. However, I do not have two rows showing temperature, only one row. Any idea of how I can fix this?

http://imgur.com/HJycZq5

Had this same issue. I tried to edit the xml and got the second row added but it did not run properly.

Just edit that row and ignore the other (since you don’t have it). I played it safe and began retarding at higher rpms since we don’t have a second row for startup temperature. Just don’t let it rev that high while your engines warming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cwvisual is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cwvisual For This Useful Post:
eddieflyinv (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #481
edwardleeaf

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwvisual View Post
Had this same issue. I tried to edit the xml and got the second row added but it did not run properly.

Just edit that row and ignore the other (since you don’t have it). I played it safe and began retarding at higher rpms since we don’t have a second row for startup temperature. Just don’t let it rev that high while your engines warming up.

Thanks I'll do just that. High as in above 2k like in the chart or...high as in 5k+.
edwardleeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #482
cwvisual

Quote:
Thanks I'll do just that. High as in above 2k like in the chart or...high as in 5k+.

I believe I did around 3500.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #483
edwardleeaf

Drives: Fr-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieflyinv View Post
I have no idea how to fix that... OFT A01D roms are B01D interally so the defs I linked should work and define that table properly. I'm no expert so that's as far as my knowledge goes with these xml and bin files to be honest. Just making sure they match each other.
You'll have to ask someone else or ensure 100% you're using the right defs and don't have OFT definition files loaded in romraider alongside Waynos, or at least not before ? Not entirely sure but I only have 1 in the definition list per CAL/ID

Thanks for the help and checking for me.
edwardleeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:43 AM   #484
guybo
Huge E85 fan!

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,010 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieflyinv View Post
Same goes for @guybo and @gypsy_seven provided you guys haven't figured it out by now lol
Feel bad leaving people out and I have helped a few others with roms that don't match the defs so I don't mind doing the same again

I haven't. But I'll contact you Sunday and see if we can figure it out together. thank you, there's a few small things I'd like to change in my tune like LC RPM, and FFS. I appreciate the offer.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:07 AM   #485
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Some of you guys are living dangereously . Id suggest that unless you understand what going on with rom calid alteration, definitions and xml that you dont alter stuff you dont fully understand.

Your going to end up altering program code instead of a table in the rom and end up possibly bricking your ecu.

Please read the ROMRAIDER TIPS link below else this may end in tears

Missing or partial tables or weird valies in tables or the axis of tables is an indication that the definition and rom are mismatched or their is an error in the definition. Proceeding to edit and flash a rom using mismatched or defective definitions can brick your ecu
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (08-18-2017), eddieflyinv (08-18-2017), edwardleeaf (08-18-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #486
Mikyt3

Drives: Toyota GTS86
I just done OP's map setup. Im getting pops that arent really loud (i assume its my setup; stock headers and just a catback). It pops also on neutral when im driving, however, when its in drive (Auto car; or paddle shifters) i dont really get any pops. Im wondering, how can i make the pops more apparent when im driving and also how can i possible do it off throttle, perhaps when i down shift?

Thanks.
Mikyt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #487
cwvisual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikyt3 View Post
I just done OP's map setup. Im getting pops that arent really loud (i assume its my setup; stock headers and just a catback). It pops also on neutral when im driving, however, when its in drive (Auto car; or paddle shifters) i dont really get any pops. Im wondering, how can i make the pops more apparent when im driving and also how can i possible do it off throttle, perhaps when i down shift?

Thanks.

Read the last few pages of this thread. There are directions to do it off throttle.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #488
Mikyt3

Drives: Toyota GTS86
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwvisual View Post
Read the last few pages of this thread. There are directions to do it off throttle.

i assume this involves changing Base idle B in gear, but i cant find it on my Romraider... Could this have to do with my auto transmission?
Mikyt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #489
KAMBOLIGI

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
I've been trying to figure out how to do the most recently discussed version of this tune (where it doesn't change the base timing B map) on my 2016 brz (ZA1JF40C); however, the definition files needed in order to change the "base timing idle" do not work at all on my tune. It loads the tune after showing ~50 errors, and the base timing charts look like it would blow my engine up in a second. Can anyone help me out? I know that the definition file works on pretty much every other year, but I can not get it to work on mine. Thanks!
KAMBOLIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #490
Detroiter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMBOLIGI View Post
I've been trying to figure out how to do the most recently discussed version of this tune (where it doesn't change the base timing B map) on my 2016 brz (ZA1JF40C); however, the definition files needed in order to change the "base timing idle" do not work at all on my tune. It loads the tune after showing ~50 errors, and the base timing charts look like it would blow my engine up in a second. Can anyone help me out? I know that the definition file works on pretty much every other year, but I can not get it to work on mine. Thanks!
This sounds like the typical wrong definition file symptoms. I'd double check you have the right one loaded and if it says it's the right one, I'd download it again.
Detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote