follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #1
bdtbdtbdt

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oft erased during download

I was updating my Version 1 oft and knocked the usb cable loose. All info was wiped. When I connect it to the car ,it only shows my old tune and the ecu info won't read or write. Oft shows as new and unused. I have a feeling I'm stuck with the installed tune on the car. Any help?
bdtbdtbdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:05 AM   #2
AussieBRZ

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtbdtbdt View Post
I was updating my Version 1 oft and knocked the usb cable loose. All info was wiped. When I connect it to the car ,it only shows my old tune and the ecu info won't read or write. Oft shows as new and unused. I have a feeling I'm stuck with the installed tune on the car. Any help?

Go to Openflash manager and see if you can update oft again, somtimes they come good after second update.

If not try erasing oft, then remarry to car, but your current tune will become what oft thinks is stock
AussieBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AussieBRZ For This Useful Post:
bdtbdtbdt (02-12-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 05:16 AM   #3
bdtbdtbdt

FIXED, OFT support came to the rescue with a restore solution.
Here are the recovery instructions for your OFT Serial number.

This process will erase your OFT, making your device "new" again, and ready for installation on a new car.

First, navigate to "C:/Openflash"

In this directory, look for a FOLDER named as your OFT serial number: E0040100XXXXXXXX

If this folder exists, please connect your OFT and launch Openflash Manager. This *should* successfully recover your OFT. If the folder does not exist, or your OFT is still not working properly, read on.

Please download and install the software found here -> http://www.alientech.to/xnote/sw/pwg...overySetup.exe

1. Disable any anti virus or firewall/internet connection blocking software
  2. Connect your OFT to your PC via the USB cable,
  3. Launch the software you've downloaded from this email.
  4. Choose "Check Unique File". NOTE: If you see no error messages, and no messages indicating 'this devices is not authorized for recovery", then choose the Recovery button when prompted.
  5. After the software is done, you should witness a success message window.
  6. Choose OK, and then close the software.

Without disconnecting, launch Openflash Manager, and allow the software to finalize any updates as needed.

1. When the update window disappears, close OpenFlash Manager.
  2. Disconnect your OFT USB cable, and then reconnect.
  3. Re-launch OpenFlash Manager.

After OpenFlash Manager loads again, take a look at your OFT screen. What do you see as the background image?

• 1. If your image is black/missing, then you'll need to update you template file before the OFT is ready to you.

Download the proper template for your OFT, and go to the Template tab in Openflash manager. Choose the brwose button and select the template file you've downloaded. Select "Start". Allow this operation to finish.

HELP: Which version OFT do I have?
OpenFlash Tablet (v1) Template File (updated 5.27.2019)
OpenFlash Tablet 2 (v2) Template File (updated 5.27.2019)

• If your OFT background images is "normal" (not a black background - then your OFT should be ready to use.

Lastly, the recovery software will only run successfully one time for any unique (authorized) serial number. Uninstall the recovery software from your PC when finished.

Let me know how it goes

Best Regards,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bdtbdtbdt For This Useful Post:
bcj (02-16-2023), elBarto (02-16-2023), x808drifter (02-16-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 09:22 AM   #4
jes

Drives: FRS
Good to see this was fixed. Was worried there for a bit.
jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 05:42 AM   #5
bdtbdtbdt

OFT support was FANTASTIC!!
Old 03-05-2023, 11:55 AM   #6
Beula
Banned

Drives: nissan 350z
Version 1 oft, When I connect it to the car ,it only shows my old tune and the ecu in

It sounds like the connection between your Version 1 OFT and your car isn't working correctly. If the OFT isn't correctly connecting to your car, it won't be able to read or write any data. The first step is to make sure that the cable is securely connected to both the OFT and your car's OBD port. If that doesn't work, you may need to try a different cable to make sure it isn't a cable issue. If that still doesn't work, you may need to update the firmware on your OFT to make sure it is compatible with your car. There could be several reasons for it. According to, the key should be in the ON position and the OFT cable should be fully seated. If the issue persists, try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnecting it before flashing the "STOCK" tune from the original slot in OFT[2]. If these steps do not work, you can contact Openflash Performance support for further assistance. If you are still unable to get the OFT to connect to the car, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
Beula is offline   Reply With Quote