follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #15
FlipperBizkut

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
if your car does come with the STI addons, then you will most likely need to pay extra for them. STI trim is not standard (meaning that it comes with the car with no extra charge) but rather an optional accessory (which means you need to pay extra if you want it). I can see the dealership withholding the car from you if it does come with the STI addons and you do not want to pay the extra price for them. however, it is an entirely different story if you already paid for the car instead of just leaving a deposit.

but if the car does come with the STI extras with no charge, then damn you just struck gold.

Yeah, that's pretty much the genesis of this thread. The website shows them as standard. The dealer printed out the configuration (including the STI stuff), and we agreed on a price based on that configuration. I asked specifically if the STI stuff came on the car, and the dealer said that it did. I even asked again because I was wondering why the rear quarter and side came standard, but there was no mention of the lip.

So, I see that you can "share" a build. Here is the build in question:

2017 BRZ

If you look under "accessories," it shows the STI gear as standard.

Again, this is almost definitely an error. Just more of a curiosity of how I might expect the dealership to handle this error since I double (and then triple) checked with them to ensure that it came with the STI gear.
FlipperBizkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #16
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@FlipperBizkut Nothing wrong with what you've done so far, but if you're looking to pay less try to deal with a dealer that already has it on the lot,within a reasonable distance of course/or best to your situation.

You don't know what the dealer has to do to get you, your car and build. They could very well get one ordered and delivered via truck if it's near port delivery date etc. Or trade cars to another dear to get your car. They might even drive the car over from another dealer far away, anyways fair warning make sure it comes off a truck, if they trade for your car and you get in and see extra mileage make sure to call em out on that.

Had someone I knew had that issue with their 17 they ordered at a dealer that wasn't going to get any BRZ initially, and the dealer had to trade with another to get his build and this made it also hard to deal with pricing(since they had to go get the car) in the end he went with another dealer. Also the dealer they are gonna trade with was outside 100 miles. You never know what's gonna happen in that 100 miles, an accident could happen, they might drive it all crazy etc. it would open a can of worms.

I'm sorry we all agree that this is a website mistake, if they agree to give you STI items and it comes with the car at your price then good for you, the dealer is owning up to the web designer that typed in the wrong codes.We are sure it's not standard on an Automatic car because we have a member here with an automatic 17 @Elleteeh and he had to buy his STI accessories and or deal with the dealer for it. We could be wrong but because of this example, we're sticking to it as a website mistake.

How they would handle it, so far my thoughts are

1.Offer you the STI items at no charge, and install it for you. YOU may however need to wait for the front lip, those are not in stock for another week, they are released on the 15th. this is if you are expecting your car soon, if not disregard. you may have a to wait a couple of days after delivery for the dealer to install all items.

2.Tell you it was a mistake and there's nothing they can do, it's just a computer code thing etc.

3.The car some how already has it from port. Not impossible but possible.

4.Tell you about the mistake, and gives you stuff in return, take money off, free maintenance, other accessories etc.

in any case best of luck.

We hope you come out on top of everything

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote