follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

View Poll Results: Who wants EcuTek Flash
Im down, sign me up 12 92.31%
Not interested 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
phenom86

Drives: Scion FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ecutek in Norcal

Guys, i was talking to my friend Pete who owns WORKS EVO in Sonoma and he was wondering how many people is interested of getting their rides flashed with Ecutek.. He will flash the cars and he has an onsite dyno so you will get your results after the flash.. the price of the flash is extremely low, once i get a handful of guys interested i will post the price.

Update: I've talked with Pete from WORKS, He wants to have a Meet/Flash/Dyno day at WORKS.. The price for the custom flash via dyno will be $699.00 for the first 5, he will tune your car on the dyno. How does Nov. 3 work for everyone? I need to lock down those member who wants to do it..

1. 86_ZN6 - Dyno only
2. uspspro
3. sf86
4. likebutter
5. frsguy707

Update: please check this link

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...213#post513213

A little info about Works Evo:

What is WORKS?

WORKS is an automotive engineering, tuning, and racing organization dedicated to enhancing modern sports cars through innovation and technology.
Our passion for vintage cars to modern motorsports includes road racing and rallying which was the inspiration for starting WORKS when Mitsubishi Motors announced the Lancer Evolution was arriving in the U.S. WORKS became the very first EVO tuner stateside when development began in November 2002 with an EVO VII GSR; four months before the EVO VIII debuted here. Since then, WORKS has gone on to develop products for other makes & models and consults for other manufacturers. WORKS is comprised of a dedicated group of Engineers and technicians with over 60 years of combined expertise in the automotive performance industry. In fact, we are only one of a few performance manufacturers in the U.S. with Engineers on staff. All of our attention and focus is loyal to just few brands with a common passion for cars.

WORKS Philosophy

When developing products, we spend countless hours on the road, on the dyno, on the racetrack (moved to Sears Point / Infineon Raceway in 2007), in the dirt, and in the office ensuring that each and every product we offer performs up to our own rigorous expectations. We use all of the WORKS products we design on our own cars.

Which explains why WORKS' line of high performance products are designed 100% in-house. The first step in our Engineering process always takes into account the original OEM design. What was their goal, why did they do it and how did they execute? Can it be improved upon? OEMs like Mitsubishi have resources beyond any aftermarket tuner and our goal before improving any product is to understand the original first. OEM fitment and quality is rarely surpassed. Reverse engineering and re-engineering can only be accomplished by competent Engineers. Our motto is "OEM or better".

We design our products with state of the art technology like utilizing a $300,000 Cyrax laser scanner and will take the time to go through countless hours of analysis and testing until we find the results or achieve the goal we expect.

WORKS products produce documented power with our in-house Dynapack 4WD chassis dynamometer and create world-class handling vehicles with our in-house shock dynamometer and Hunter alignment rack.
We also utilize 3-D solid modeling CAD workstations and have automotive experience with thermodynamics, fluids, stress and Finite Element Analysis to engineer products quickly, accurately, and effectively.

WORKS' innovation is why we were the very first and only company to offer a flash for the factory ECU in the Spring of 2003 which is now copied by many in the industry. This is the backbone for our entire line of engine performance products. Whether fitting a free-flowing WORKS "Exhale" exhaust, "Aperture" port-matched throttle body, or "Power Cams", each product comes with its own ECU flash optimized to extract the maximum reliable performance from the modification. For customers buying multiple products or WORKS Performance Packages at once, the ECU flash is optimized for how the products work together.

WORKS is also unique in being the first company to offer a truly comprehensive line of products from the ground up, literally, to provide a balanced solution. Each product integrates with the other components offered in our product line whether you buy one WORKS performance part or the Performance Packages. We offer a complete line of products to enhance the overall balance which means you can come to WORKS to not only tune your engine for better performance, but also to enhance the suspension, chassis, and braking system. We don't just settle for making your vehicle accelerate faster but also make it corner harder and stop quicker without sacrificing drivability and reliability.

Warranty

WORKS is conscientious about maintaining your factory warranty and being able to bring your car quickly and easily back to stock. Our products are undetectable and/or fully reversible while integrating with the factory design and mounting locations. For example, each piece in our modular "Exhale" exhaust series is a direct replacement of each of the factory exhaust components and can be swapped one-for-one for that trip back to the dealer or when you sell your car. More importantly WORKS offers an industry leading Factory-Matched Warranty, trusted by many Mitsubishi dealerships across the country. In fact, a Mitsubishi Motors designer at U.S. headquarters stated:
"...I just want to commend you on the quality of your parts. I don't have a whole heck of a lot on my car as I'm very picky and my budget is sometimes restrictive, but I really appreciate the attention to detail and quality of construction you put into your products. Just thought I'd share a quick word of thanks and feedback. There are a ton of choices in what I can install on my Evo, but I have the utmost confidence in WORKS parts. Thanks for producing excellent parts and service."

In summary:

WORKS engineers and manufactures performance products for specific niche brands with no dilution with "every" brand to remain focused and specialized

WORKS employs degreed Engineers with over 35 years of automotive tuning and racing experience

WORKS maintains OEM integrity with "enhancement without compromise" for maximum, reliable, long-term performance

WORKS enhances the powertrain, suspension, and braking to keep cars properly balanced

WORKS offers a Factory-Matched Warranty

Last edited by phenom86; 10-22-2012 at 02:45 PM.
phenom86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Im in since im close to sonoma.

Iv heard a lota about works.

Good to hear they are entering the frs/brz scene
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Khalis

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine 86
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Interested but would like to see some numbers first
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
sdlynx

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Firestorm
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Garage
I'm certainly interested as well. Keep us updated
sdlynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!! Timing is important though so lets get this moving!
Norkoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
uspspro

Drives: DGM BRZ, MR-S 3.5L V6 swap (sold)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
If we can tune the car on the dyno.. then yes.
uspspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I've seen these guys at a couple of events, I personally have mixed feelings (have heard both very positive and negative things from others) but I'm definitely interested. Keep us posted!
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
phenom86

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspspro View Post
If we can tune the car on the dyno.. then yes.
Yes, all cars are different so we can get tune on the dyno
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
phenom86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
I've seen these guys at a couple of events, I personally have mixed feelings (have heard both very positive and negative things from others) but I'm definitely interested. Keep us posted!
yeah there are both negative and positive feelings from people but knowing pete and his goals id stick with them, he wants to tune the car where its safe and reliable.. If you stop by his shop which is located in Sonoma raceway you will see some cars that he has tuned and modified.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
frsguy707

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
I'm down
frsguy707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
tnt

Drives: argento frs at
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
how is it compared to Visconti and others ?
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
phenom86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt View Post
how is it compared to Visconti and others ?
Everyone is using the same program Ecutek. Difference is that its local, the shop can get the car on the dyno after the tune so you can see the difference before and after
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
tnt

Drives: argento frs at
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom86 View Post
Everyone is using the same program Ecutek. Difference is that its local, the shop can get the car on the dyno after the tune so you can see the difference before and after

I see. Thanks
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
Khalis

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine 86
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Meet and Tune at WORKS' place?! Let's go! :happy0180: