follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 08-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #519
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Holy cow, that is impressive. I need to get a job where you work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
DustinS (08-05-2016)
Old 08-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #520
zeal86

Drives:
Thanked 1,773 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Well, I wanted to make it to The Slammedenuff show in Dallas but that's not happening... if I get my trailer in time and can sort out the logistics, I might make it to Import Showdown in Noble, Oklahoma next month. The show I plan on being at and expect to be at is Wekfest Houston in October. I hope to see some of yall there!

Hopefully I'll know more about possible media coverage for my 86 before Wekfest. Crossing my fingers things work out!

In the meantime ... I'm working on taking and editing pics and trying to gain some more sponsors.

I'm also wanting to get a hold of some interior upgrades such as red Bride seats and brackets.

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
zeal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #521
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeal86 View Post
I am finally getting my trailer! I went with a MAXXD A5X 7K drop-and-load. I should have no or minimal issues driving right onto the trailer.

For anyone in the market for a trailer, check out the MAXXD A5X.

I'm getting mine in white but here is a pic of a red one...

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
That trailer is almost nicer than our cars!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #522
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Really like the mesh DIY for the rear diffuser. If i had the stock diffuser that would of been a must.

I think everyone should do that mod it makes the rear a lot less cheesy.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #523
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeal86 View Post
I am finally getting my trailer! I went with a MAXXD A5X 7K drop-and-load. I should have no or minimal issues driving right onto the trailer.

For anyone in the market for a trailer, check out the MAXXD A5X.

I'm getting mine in white but here is a pic of a red one...

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
You're planning on polishing and keeping it remarkably clean too, right? haha

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
8R6 (09-09-2016)
Old 08-06-2016, 08:51 PM   #524
zeal86

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
You're planning on polishing and keeping it remarkably clean too, right? haha
I'll keep the trailer clean too for sure!

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeal86 For This Useful Post:
8R6 (09-09-2016), weederr33 (08-06-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #525
zeal86

Drives:
I'm still waiting to hear about some of the things I got going on....In the mean time, I'm going to register for Wekfest Houston... I should have my trailer before then. I hope to meet some of y'all there.

I'm so bored right now... no mods to install... I might need to order something just so I can install it... lol Well if any of y'all caught my post about getting back to beasting it at the gym... that is keeping sane in this time of need. lol

Probably going to do another shoot soon... that should keep me happy as well.

Hopefully more to report soon...

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix

Last edited by zeal86; 08-29-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:36 PM   #526
zeal86

Drives:
I received notice today that I have been accepted for Wekfest Houston...Now I just require delivery of my drop-and-load trailer. I should be there though. I can't wait to see some modified 86s... where I live... I'm about it... I'm pumped for that!

I've had some store credit at Kamispeed for a while now... I'm about to finally pull the trigger on a Grimmspeed MCB. I wanted the STI FA Oil Filter but first I have to verify if the color is as red as it looks in the pics or is it actually more pink. I can't do pink... not a pink kind of guy... lol

Lately I've been contemplating getting Rocket Bunny over fenders and making them work with my current kit... I foresee some modifications to my Uras skirts. I have some ideas on wheels and tires as well Any changes or additions to my aero set-up would happen next year sometime if I decide to go through with it. I also really like the Varis Arising II rear bumper... that is another direction I may take.

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
Old 09-04-2016, 12:45 AM   #527
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
That STI oil filter looks more colored like the TRD oil filter. I think the STI is more pink-ish. I vote for the rocket bunny kit! It would look pretty sweet

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
zeal86 (09-04-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 09:44 PM   #528
Koj

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for sharing all your work.
It took me 2 hours to read all :-)

I didn't saw any change on the air/flow sensor. My preparator (GL Racing) advise me to change from 1 bar stock, to 3 bar (omnipower for me). I advise you to watch that.
You should considering too a good ECU tunning from Delicious Tuning or someone else. Because your engine cannot live normally with a bad configuration. (supercharger compress air in ... the ECU must add fuel properly ...)

In same idea, the engine oil must be adapted. "0w20" is not good anymore for supercharged engine. I m using 5w40 for information (read my garage for more information).

And remember a supercharged engine need more maintenance.
HKS say : every 7000 km, you need to change the engine oil.
I do it every 7500 km, or 2 track days. :-/ And every 30 000 km, I change gearbox, bridge, and HKS compressor oil (dam expansive).
Koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #529
zeal86

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koj View Post
Thanks for sharing all your work.
It took me 2 hours to read all :-)

I didn't saw any change on the air/flow sensor. My preparator (GL Racing) advise me to change from 1 bar stock, to 3 bar (omnipower for me). I advise you to watch that.
You should considering too a good ECU tunning from Delicious Tuning or someone else. Because your engine cannot live normally with a bad configuration. (supercharger compress air in ... the ECU must add fuel properly ...)

In same idea, the engine oil must be adapted. "0w20" is not good anymore for supercharged engine. I m using 5w40 for information (read my garage for more information).

And remember a supercharged engine need more maintenance.
HKS say : every 7000 km, you need to change the engine oil.
I do it every 7500 km, or 2 track days. :-/ And every 30 000 km, I change gearbox, bridge, and HKS compressor oil (dam expansive).
Thanks for taking the time to read my build thread...I really appreciate that. Thanks also for looking out to make sure I had everything right.

About my supercharger install...my tune was preloaded on a thumbdrive by HKS. I transferred the files to the Flash Editor and then to my ECU as per instructions.

The tune was written by HKS for those with the following HKS parts installed along side their supercharger: Air intake duct (not required but included in tune) , spark plugs, exhaust manifold, front pipe, and exhaust. The HKS tune was also written with the OEM overpipe installed. I also have the HKS Super Hybrid filter installed but I do not believe it is required. The only HKS part I do not have installed specifically for this tune is the exhaust... I'm running an Ark Performance Grip but may soon switch to HKS.

The kit has been running great... at this time there is no need to upgrade my MAF sensor. I do not plan on going big with the power... just safe and reliable. A custom tune down the line is not out of the question though.

I upgraded to Eneos 5w40 when I installed the supercharger. My 86 is not daily driven so it has very low mileage. I change it out using time as a reference and not miles driven.

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
The Following User Says Thank You to zeal86 For This Useful Post:
HuntingtonFRS (09-06-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #530
zeal86

Drives:
So I paid my registration fee for Wekfest Houston today... I was waiting until I received confirmation about the delivery date of my trailer... it is to be delivered on the 19th of September. Pumped to be attending Wekfest.

I ordered a Grimmspeed master cylinder brace... I should have that soon. I will install it right away.

I have a car show on the 24th and 25th of September... It's called the West Texas Shakedown. I'm ready for that show... it won't be anywhere near as good as Wekfest but it is the biggest car show around these parts... lol

I'm still planning what modifications I will be able to accomplish in 2017. The planning part is fun and so is the installation part... parting with my dinero isn't so fun though... lol

Hope to meet some of y'all at Wekfest Houston. I might catch a Texans game as well as they are playing the Titans the next day.

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix
Old 09-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #531
Koj

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
ok Zeal. I changed my MAF because I m running on Track. If you don't run on high RPM, you can maybe avoid the MAF changing. I will look for more information about that.

I m using 5w40 too. Seems a good solution.

The Master Cylinder Brace is for ... Track days. It s helping the brake... in hard condition.
If you don't drive on track, I advice you to wrap your side mirror cover, or install an aero/body Kit. It will give a better look. (more agressive)
Koj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Koj For This Useful Post:
zeal86 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #532
zeal86

Drives:
As I mentioned before... I had some store credit over at Kamispeed so I ordered and received my Grimmspeed master cylinder brace... a few days later I decided to order the TRD front bumper canards set... should have those soon... hope to have everything installed for a local car show on the 24th and 25th of September.

On a side note not 86 related ... I don't really share this kind of stuff anywhere... not really a FB poster...I mainly post on ft86club so here goes... it took me just under two months but I'm back to full-on beast mode! lol I posted a link to a short IG video of me deadlifting 515 lbs (@175lbs) earlier in this thread. Today weighing @193lbs I deadlifted (Romanian style) a personal best of 545lbs! That is 5 45lb plates per side plus a 25lb plate per side. Damn it felt awesome! I'm sure I'll be at 560lbs soon.

If anyone is interested I have been taking Optimum Nutrition (ON) ZMA (regulates testosterone) at night, ON Creatine (pill form) before and after workouts, ON Whey protein post-workouts, and ON Amino Energy as a Pre-workout.

In @2 months time, I gained @20lbs...I topped out at 203lbs (most I've ever weighed by far) before I decided it was time to cut down. During my weight gain period I was taking ZMA and actually cut out my cardio... which was really hard for me to do.

Anyway I'm about to turn 40 and I don't look or feel a day over 25...lol and now I have a new personal best deadlift.

projekt zeal86 build

zeal.eightsix Facebook

Instagram @zeal.eightsix

Last edited by zeal86; 09-19-2016 at 10:32 PM.