follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
MrMarinakos

Drives: Asphalt Monogram Fr-s
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Valenti vs Buddy club tail lights?

I have tried to find any kind of post comparing the two but i haven't. I was wondering if anyone has or who prefers what?
i've heard the valenti tail lights always have some small led problem but the buddy clubs just got released so nobody knows if they have problems yet.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
kALMIGHTY
Banned

Drives: TRD Ultramarine '13
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been tossing back and forth between the two as well, and although then Valenti's are cheaper than the Buddy Club's, I'm choosing the Buddy Club's. My reasons for that are the small LED problems with the Valenti's and even though the Club's are newer, I prefer to take my chances. Plus, from what I can tell, the Buddy Clubs are going to be brighter in the daylight, at least for me. They come with a clear lens but have a blacked out housing like the Toms do. I wanted the dark look so I was planning on smoked Valenti's but that's just going to decrease daylight visibility even more.
Plus, the Buddy Clubs are newer and are going to be rare compared to the Valenti's, so that's another reason to go for them.
Both are great designs though, because I would like the Valenti reverse light and tail light combo, but I'll just get the reverse light separately and pair them with Buddy clubs instead.
kALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I don't think smoked Valentis are hard to see at all personally and never had cop issues with em either.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=68
Old 11-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited, 6sp, SWP
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Garage
Tom's
Wonderbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
I've owned just about every tail light out there. There's no right or wrong answer here. So look at the masses and do the opposite just to be unique. That should take you directly to the Buddy Club tails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
ddk168

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I really like the Buddy club tailights, they look so much like the lambo taillights which I reckon are one of the best taillights design ever.

But since they look so much alike it also gives me a mixed feeling like I'm trying to drive a lambo replica lol. So I personally opted for the crystal eyes which I also really like anyway. But if i was in your position I would choose the buddy club ones just cause I personally think they look awesome.
ddk168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited, 6sp, SWP
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Garage
The BC tails are ugllllly.

I'd say wait til around March and I bet some new tails come out from sema.
Wonderbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
BRZPDX
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Garage
I think the BC tail lights will look good if you have some exterior work done already. Or else its gonna look really out of place if it is the only modification. My philosophy with exterior mod and taste, is all about flow. Then it won't look "slapped on", since it goes with it as a whole rather than individual parts jumping out at you.

SUV's: Mercedes Benz R500 '06, Mercedes Benz ML350 '12
BRZPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
MrMarinakos

Drives: Asphalt Monogram Fr-s
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kALMIGHTY View Post
I've been tossing back and forth between the two as well, and although then Valenti's are cheaper than the Buddy Club's, I'm choosing the Buddy Club's. My reasons for that are the small LED problems with the Valenti's and even though the Club's are newer, I prefer to take my chances. Plus, from what I can tell, the Buddy Clubs are going to be brighter in the daylight, at least for me. They come with a clear lens but have a blacked out housing like the Toms do. I wanted the dark look so I was planning on smoked Valenti's but that's just going to decrease daylight visibility even more.
Plus, the Buddy Clubs are newer and are going to be rare compared to the Valenti's, so that's another reason to go for them.
Both are great designs though, because I would like the Valenti reverse light and tail light combo, but I'll just get the reverse light separately and pair them with Buddy clubs instead.
I agree, i think i'm going with the buddy clubs, i love the alternative look and it looks good with the fr-s imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
I've owned just about every tail light out there. There's no right or wrong answer here. So look at the masses and do the opposite just to be unique. That should take you directly to the Buddy Club tails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i think i'ma do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk168 View Post
I really like the Buddy club tailights, they look so much like the lambo taillights which I reckon are one of the best taillights design ever.

But since they look so much alike it also gives me a mixed feeling like I'm trying to drive a lambo replica lol. So I personally opted for the crystal eyes which I also really like anyway. But if i was in your position I would choose the buddy club ones just cause I personally think they look awesome.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZPDX View Post
I think the BC tail lights will look good if you have some exterior work done already. Or else its gonna look really out of place if it is the only modification. My philosophy with exterior mod and taste, is all about flow. Then it won't look "slapped on", since it goes with it as a whole rather than individual parts jumping out at you.
I think it'll look good with the TRD kit i'm getting, i don't know yet but hey why not try new things.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
davidchoi

Drives: BRZ - White Satin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I was coming home from The Grove in LA today and a FRS with BC's was in front of a Lambo Aventador and right next to me. The BC's looked really tacky when next to the Lambo. I was scrambling for my phone but I was also driving in stop/go packed traffic because of the christmas tree lighting concert so I couldn't get any.

Then again most cars will look tacky next to an Aventador :o
davidchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davidchoi For This Useful Post:
MrMarinakos (11-17-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #11
Rumbaar
Victim's aren't we all

Drives: Toyota GTS 86 - Pegasus White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I've got Valenti's Smoked, and they are supposedly ADR [Australian Design Rules] compliant. Which I'm going to use as a reason I can use them if I ever get pulled over by the police.

But that too, they are the only design I personally liked. But as said, if you like whatever tail light you like, get that one. I've had no issues, but I've only had mine for a month.
Rumbaar is offline   Reply With Quote