follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 01:09 AM   #1
BRZedsDeadBaby

Drives: 14 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
SOLD!! 2014 BRZ OEM Fujitsu Head Unit with GPS Antenna and SD Card

SOLD!!
Attached Images

Last edited by BRZedsDeadBaby; 04-12-2016 at 12:22 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 03-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZedsDeadBaby View Post
2014 BRZ OEM Fujitsu Head Unit with GPS Antenna $300 picked up $320 shipped firm
Is sd card included? Ppl will care about that. If so this is a steal for ppl
The Following User Says Thank You to lbroskee For This Useful Post:
BRZedsDeadBaby (03-26-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
BRZedsDeadBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
Is sd card included? Ppl will care about that. If so this is a steal for ppl
Sure is. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
NahumCC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Anybody swapped these into the FR-S? I'm also curious to where the bracket mounts up for the GPS antenna there.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #5
BRZedsDeadBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Anybody swapped these into the FR-S? I'm also curious to where the bracket mounts up for the GPS antenna there.
I've heard that these work in FRS's, but you should confirm by digging around a bit. The bracket mounts to the right of the head unit inside the dash.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #6
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
I did, works great tho my fm signal is weak and just haven't gotten around to fixing it but there is a fix. Ppl have then working 100%
Old 03-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
BRZedsDeadBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by khantran04 View Post
any install instructions

I want gps I live in garden grove like 15 min from Costa Mesa just want to know I might pick up

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I don't have install instructions, but I installed an aftermarket headunit in my BRZ and it wasn't very difficult at all; just a lot of different wires.

I imagine installing the BRZ OEM unit into your FRS would just be plug and play as the pin connectors look the same.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #8
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
I don't have install instructions, but I installed an aftermarket headunit in my BRZ and it wasn't very difficult at all; just a lot of different wires.

I imagine installing the BRZ OEM unit into your FRS would just be plug and play as the pin connectors look the same.
Correct. There is a guide on here somewhere for XM and to fix the 1 missin FM pin
Old 03-31-2016, 03:52 PM   #9
BRZedsDeadBaby

bump
Old 03-31-2016, 04:01 PM   #10
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
Correct. There is a guide on here somewhere for XM and to fix the 1 missin FM pin
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khantran04 View Post
any install instructions

I want gps I live in garden grove like 15 min from Costa Mesa just want to know I might pick up

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
It's won't readily work in an FR-S without of course the antenna which is already there or go aftermarket magnetic to stick on the bar that runs behind the head unit. Also the Fm signal will be weak because the FR-S HU sends power to the car's antenna booster amplifier via the separate single-conductor wire on the AM/FM antenna connector. The BRZ HU sends the 12V power antenna signal out via pin #8 on the 10-pin power/speaker harness. You'll need to rig up an adapter harness (or at least, add a jumper wire from the vacant slot on your car's 10-pin plug to the factory pin/wire on your car's AM/FM antenna plug.

Quote:
Theres a bar behind the head unit you can remove the antenna from the the bracket and use double sided tape or velcro to attach it there, or alternatively you can get an aftermarket antenna which tends to work just as good if not better but is also magnetic and will turn that bar into an extension of the antenna and it just sticks onto there. and works perfectly.

I only know this stuff because I really wanted navigation and settled on buying an entune module and updating my current head unit without the headache of repinning or rewiring things and get pandora on my head unit now, a decent navigation system and a bunch other features like weather and traffic.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 03-31-2016, 06:49 PM   #11
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
It's won't readily work in an FR-S without of course the antenna which is already there or go aftermarket magnetic to stick on the bar that runs behind the head unit. Also the Fm signal will be weak because the FR-S HU sends power to the car's antenna booster amplifier via the separate single-conductor wire on the AM/FM antenna connector. The BRZ HU sends the 12V power antenna signal out via pin #8 on the 10-pin power/speaker harness. You'll need to rig up an adapter harness (or at least, add a jumper wire from the vacant slot on your car's 10-pin plug to the factory pin/wire on your car's AM/FM antenna plug.

Theres a bar behind the head unit you can remove the antenna from the the bracket and use double sided tape or velcro to attach it there, or alternatively you can get an aftermarket antenna which tends to work just as good if not better but is also magnetic and will turn that bar into an extension of the antenna and it just sticks onto there. and works perfectly.

I only know this stuff because I really wanted navigation and settled on buying an entune module and updating my current head unit without the headache of repinning or rewiring things and get pandora on my head unit now, a decent navigation system and a bunch other features like weather and traffic.

Do u know which min I need to tap into? Lik back of empty radio pin tapped into which wire? I can't find the post that said it. Would the acc wire do it (same 1 used for my backup camera)?
Old 04-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #12
BRZedsDeadBaby

Bump
Old 04-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #13
Mvhs09

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a hyper blue brz...how hard is it to throw this in there? Do I have to swap out some of the center console stuff or is it a direct fit?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mvhs09 For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #14
BRZedsDeadBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvhs09 View Post
I have a hyper blue brz...how hard is it to throw this in there? Do I have to swap out some of the center console stuff or is it a direct fit?
The hyper blue is a 2016 model right? If that's the case, then the center dash piece needs to be swapped with a 2015 or earlier model. Do you not have a head unit in your hyper blue?
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZedsDeadBaby For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (04-03-2016)

Closed Thread