follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
FT86c Drift & Time Attack Races in GT5

I think most of us have fairly enough credit to buy several FT86 or already own several FT86 (like me), so thought to make FT86c Drift & Grip races!

Prob we'll have separate G's & regular races. Gonna have 2 Time Attack & 2 Grip races, but Drift, we'll have mix!

Yes, I knowOldSkoolToys did have some kind of planned race event... but ever happened, so I decided to make one!

I'm planning to do it mostly on weekend (high chances of Sundays) and it'll be like series races.

First race will be held at Tsukuba (both drift & grip) and here's few regulation.

Drift:
Tires Spec: Comfort Soft or lower
HP: stock to high as you want
other upgrades: anything goes on upgrades
Solo runs: You have 2 chances of solo runs and will be scored by several ppl.
Run & Chase: Will have run & chase and judge will decide who's the winner is (unless one more time occur).

Time Attack:
Tires Spec: Racing Soft or lower
Other upgrades: Same as Drift, anything goes on upgrades
Time: You have 30 mins to put down the fastest score & no, ppl will be there on the track when you're time attack (prob good idea to tell em heads up).

Grip:
Tire Spec: Racing Hard or lower
(sorry Dragon, but I gonna be picky.)
Other upgrades: Same as Drift & TA, anything goes on upgrades
Race: Everyone will be lined up as first come... except TA Champ. He/She will be lined up last (can't win all of em) and will be raced how many the judge decided (prob 5~10 laps)

If you think, you're wanna try out, just post which one you wanna do & your PSN ID & I'll start adding the names

Drift:
1. me - PSN:G-Impact

FT86-Concept

Time Attack:

Grip:

G's FT86-Concept

Time Attack:

Grip:

Date & Track
March 12 - Tsukuba Drift/TA Practice
March 13 - Tsukuba Drift/TA Race Event
March 26 - Suzuka East Drift/TA Practice
March 27 - Suzuka East Drift/TA Race Event

lil side not, my time zone is Mountain Time Zone

Last edited by ichitaka05; 03-08-2011 at 09:33 PM.
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm in, no worries about Race Hard or lower as I have a different method of tuning my cars now....

I think what you need to do is set a participation date. Give me a date/track/and time your room will be open with the time zone you are in, so everyone know when to join that room based on their time zone.

Drifting should be done D1/FD style with a Start point and end point Section of the track rather than the whole course. Competition will move faster that way. Section of the track should be designated by you for each event, since you are the one putting it together. Tandem runs are going to be somewhat of a challenge to judge as spectators/judges, as you are only allowed to focus on one car during the "spectator" mode. There are going to be parts where you won't be able to see what the other car is doing due to camera angle. It MAY be possible if everyone stays focused on the Lead car that they will be able to keep an eye on both.

Time Attack should be pretty easy as the fastest time is updated on everyone's screen.

Eventually it should open up to beyond the FT86 and separated by FWD, RWD, AWD and only restriction would be to meet the Performance Points requirement. Maybe a 300, 500, 700pp classifications. One week 300pp class cars and FWD, another week 500pp class AWD only cars....etc.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
when Can I find you? Need drift session from you guys.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'd play if I actually bought the game. lol
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
I'm in, no worries about Race Hard or lower as I have a different method of tuning my cars now....

I think what you need to do is set a participation date. Give me a date/track/and time your room will be open with the time zone you are in, so everyone know when to join that room based on their time zone.

Drifting should be done D1/FD style with a Start point and end point Section of the track rather than the whole course. Competition will move faster that way. Section of the track should be designated by you for each event, since you are the one putting it together. Tandem runs are going to be somewhat of a challenge to judge as spectators/judges, as you are only allowed to focus on one car during the "spectator" mode. There are going to be parts where you won't be able to see what the other car is doing due to camera angle. It MAY be possible if everyone stays focused on the Lead car that they will be able to keep an eye on both.

Time Attack should be pretty easy as the fastest time is updated on everyone's screen.

Eventually it should open up to beyond the FT86 and separated by FWD, RWD, AWD and only restriction would be to meet the Performance Points requirement. Maybe a 300, 500, 700pp classifications. One week 300pp class cars and FWD, another week 500pp class AWD only cars....etc.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, when it get few people to sign up, I was going to assign the day & time... but I'll say it right now. I'm prob will do it March 12 & 13. March 12 been practice and main event in 13th.

As for the Drifting, yeah I was going to do one section of course. That's why I've chosen Tsukuba for the first one. Cuz most ppl know D1 section for Tsukuba.

As for judging. Solo, there will be 2 judges (one of em will be me) and judges have total of 50 points each and after the each run judges will add both score and rank the drivers.

Tandem. Going to have 3 ppl going to be judging. 2 of them from someone competing and they'll get 10 points each to rate the driver. So one judge will view driver A. other judge will view driver B. I'll be the final judge & look at whichever and rate the same (10 points).

is that make sense?

For other layout races. I'm thinking about that... but as for now, let's stay on FT86. When FT86 championship goes well, we'll do other class races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
when Can I find you? Need drift session from you guys.
Log on right now and find me and add me as a friend. We can do some drifting lesson. I'll be on for another 3 hrs tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I'd play if I actually bought the game. lol
You should buy it! It's fun~
Old 03-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
You should buy it! It's fun~
I'm going to get addicted and buy the Logitech Racing wheel set. :l I know it.. then build a model after a car seat. ._.

I've gone to that extreme before.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I'm going to get addicted and buy the Logitech Racing wheel set. :l I know it.. then build a model after a car seat. ._.

I've gone to that extreme before.
Dooooooooooo it! Doooooooooo it!

LOL It's all good. I got DrivingForce GT (friend gave it to me) and it's really fun!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #8
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Dooooooooooo it! Doooooooooo it!

LOL It's all good. I got DrivingForce GT (friend gave it to me) and it's really fun!

I was debating.. G27 and the DF.GT. @_@ OR.

New lens for my camera... :x
Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:

iirc one of the member here have G27 and he was enjoying it a lot. As for the DF GT, they're not too bad, just gotta have few driving options on.

Hm... new lens for camera is always good.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #10
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
iirc one of the member here have G27 and he was enjoying it a lot. As for the DF GT, they're not too bad, just gotta have few driving options on.

Hm... new lens for camera is always good.

Hmm.. G27 because it feels like an actual car going from 1-5/6 or.. DFGT that costs half as much and still does the same thing.. but has the S+ S- like feel. :E

And lens wise.. was thinking of getting a 24-70L or 24-105L.

But.. now that I want GT5 because of you..
遊びましょう!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Hmm.. G27 because it feels like an actual car going from 1-5/6 or.. DFGT that costs half as much and still does the same thing.. but has the S+ S- like feel. :E

And lens wise.. was thinking of getting a 24-70L or 24-105L.

But.. now that I want GT5 because of you..
遊びましょう!
Yeah, DFGT do awesome job for the game. IMO if you gonna play racing game 24/7 (like me) then it's worth every penny buying G27 w Playseat... but if you gonna do once a while kinda thing, it's best to go w DFGT (cuz cheaper).

As for the lens... I'm not too knowledgeable, so can't help out. Want to buy DSLR to make better pics for all the racing events I go... but my friend has somewhat nice one, so I'm letting her take all the pics

Yeah, you should get it! FYI, first time playing the game, it take ridiculously LONG loading time to go in & out of place in GT5 & I really mean it. Ask everyone who own GT5 knows this... BUT after it that it loads up quickly.

遊ぼ~
Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I think most of us have fairly enough credit to buy several FT86 or already own several FT86 (like me), so thought to make FT86c Drift & Grip races!

Prob we'll have separate G's & regular races. Gonna have 2 Time Attack & 2 Grip races, but Drift, we'll have mix!

Yes, I knowOldSkoolToys did have some kind of planned race event... but ever happened, so I decided to make one!

I'm planning to do it mostly on weekend (high chances of Sundays) and it'll be like series races.

First race will be held at Tsukuba (both drift & grip) and here's few regulation.

Drift:
Tires Spec: Comfort Soft or lower
other upgrades: anything goes on upgrades
Solo runs: You have 2 chances of solo runs and will be scored by several ppl.
Run & Chase: Will have run & chase and judge will decide who's the winner is (unless one more time occur).

Time Attack:
Other upgrades: Same as Drift, anything goes on upgrades
Time: You have 30 mins to put down the fastest score & no, ppl will be there on the track when you're time attack (prob good idea to tell em heads up).

Grip:
Tire Spec: Racing Hard or lower (sorry Dragon, but I gonna be picky.)
Other upgrades: Same as Drift & TA, anything goes on upgrades
Race: Everyone will be lined up as first come... except TA Champ. He/She will be lined up last (can't win all of em) and will be raced how many the judge decided (prob 5~10 laps)

If you think, you're wanna try out, just post which one you wanna do & your PSN ID & I'll start adding the names

Drift:

FT86-Concept

Time Attack:

Grip:

G's FT86-Concept

Time Attack:

Grip:

Date & Track
March 12 - Tsukuba Drift/TA Practice
March 13 - Tsukuba Drift/TA Race Event
March 26 - Suzuka East Drift/TA Practice
March 27 - Suzuka East Drift/TA Race Event
Ichi, you have my psn name but I'm going snowboarding this weekend @ Mammoth so I won't be online. I would like to join a race in the furture though.

Quote:

I was debating on getting a steering wheel and seat but don't play as much as I did before. I say if you are going to get a wheel/seat, go with the G27 since its probably the best bang for your buck.

What kind of camera do you have? I currently have a 20D with a L 70-200mm f/4 zoom lens. I sold my 50mm f/1.4 and my Tokina 10-17 fisheye. I want get back into it again but this time go with a Nikon D700. That's wishful thinking though and a lot of $$!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Ichi, you have my psn name but I'm going snowboarding this weekend @ Mammoth so I won't be online. I would like to join a race in the furture though.
I'm not gonna twist your arm to join... well maybe It's all good, when you can just join.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
I was debating on getting a steering wheel and seat but don't play as much as I did before. I say if you are going to get a wheel/seat, go with the G27 since its probably the best bang for your buck.

What kind of camera do you have? I currently have a 20D with a L 70-200mm f/4 zoom lens. I sold my 50mm f/1.4 and my Tokina 10-17 fisheye. I want get back into it again but this time go with a Nikon D700. That's wishful thinking though and a lot of $$!
G27 runs at 300~ish I believe. I'd love to get it if I wasn't so torn between a lens and a console item. Lol

I have a t1i atm. 18-55 kit because I can't seem to sell it. 50mm 1.4 for walk around.. 55-250mm for the scenery shots I take whenever hiking/camping. I've been borrowing lens from my friends to see which works best since I'll be upgrading bodies soon. 60D, t3i or MarkDII.

I have the funds to purchase the MarkDII and 1-2 more L lens but.. problem is.. if the 86 comes out in a year I need the money for that and to probably for my school transfer soon. So I have about.. 700-800 ish saved as of right now for side "Fun" stuff.