follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #15
Jacob G.

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottynoshotty View Post
@ Jacob how much HP is the TRD exhaust worht? im hoping 5 HP and 10 lbs lighter than stock
Minimal. The gains aren't noticeable and I haven't ran it thru a dyno. I will say I get compliments on its tone and I love the D shaped tips. Hopefully once I get my custom mid pipe made and put a motiv over pipe it'll breathe a lot better (I currently just have the HFC). Still if you want to save money go another direction but if you really want TRD it'll just cost you more in the end. I personally love it but I know I made a more costly choice.
Jacob G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
efactor84

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You could get Injen exhaust to match up with the intake. TRD I believe isn't worth it. You could get HKS for $100 more or go to Perrin Catback both 2.5" vs. TRD. My plan is tower bar from Cusco, tune from Unichip with the display and I will work on hardware, more on the Perrin banwagon. Too be honest it would come out $1200 with Perrin catback and intake hose and CAI system to $1200 vs. TRD $1100.
efactor84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #17
Jacob G.

Garage
Just to get this out of the way you can get TRD exhaust for $950 with 2.99 shipping from toyota parts outlet so not $1100. I'm not saying get it but that's $150 less...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob G. For This Useful Post:
usptwins (02-13-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
DieselxIndustry

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The 1100 is the pure price, It's them installing it for you.
DieselxIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
Jacob G.

Garage
I still don't think it'll cost 150 to install bc I had them do it for 100 and I'm sure it can be done much cheaper but that's just semantics. Also I'm not sure if you meant it's an axel back bc the mid pipe diameter is not increased but technically it's a full cat back. Not arguing that the price isn't ridiculous bc it is but just depends on if you want some TRD candy... If you don't have at least one TRD part you shouldn't be allowed to put TRD emblems or stickers on your ride .
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #20
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I will never understand why TRD doesn't push the envelope a little more with thir products. It seems like every "sports development" team out there creates more power with their products for their brands such as SRT, Chevy's SS, Mazdaspeed, just to name a few. I know Toyota is all about keeping their reliability, but if people are buying aftermarket mods, then Toyota should realize that their customers are willing to take a risk with their parts. I'm pretty sure the supercharger will dissapoint, just like the Tacoma one has. Hell, even the F-Sport development team is pushing the envelope with their Lexus stuff.
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
DieselxIndustry

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob G. View Post
I still don't think it'll cost 150 to install bc I had them do it for 100 and I'm sure it can be done much cheaper but that's just semantics. Also I'm not sure if you meant it's an axel back bc the mid pipe diameter is not increased but technically it's a full cat back. Not arguing that the price isn't ridiculous bc it is but just depends on if you want some TRD candy... If you don't have at least one TRD part you shouldn't be allowed to put TRD emblems or stickers on your ride .
The prices they post on their website are what they charge for the part and installation. Perhaps it's possible to have it done cheaper through them by the route you took but that's their pricing for the part. My mistake on the axle-back part, I was thinking of the TC i believe.
DieselxIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselxIndustry For This Useful Post:
shaggy (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #22
shaggy

Drives: Argento FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottynoshotty View Post
I'm sure it will cost a bit, im willing to pay up for factory HP as opposed to the injen which will void the warranty, im just worried since it is in fact factory warrantied that they will hold back and not get as good of gains as they could. Definetly will come in handy down the line when the supercharger becomes available tho.
Sterling McCall Scion here in Houston offeres a package with the TRD catback and the Injen intake for like a $2000 plus. I don't think they would offer that if it voids thier warrenty.
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #23
scottynoshotty

Drives: Hot Lava 2013 Scion Frs
That's good to know man thanks, ill have to look into that as the injen has definetly shown some good gains
scottynoshotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
YourFearlessLeader
Team ScioNRG President

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselxIndustry View Post
The prices they post on their website are what they charge for the part and installation. Perhaps it's possible to have it done cheaper through them by the route you took but that's their pricing for the part. My mistake on the axle-back part, I was thinking of the TC i believe.

this is the price with installation at port. if you want the dealership to install it you will be paying their rate.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #25
SavEvoIX

Drives: Evolution IX, 13' FR-S White Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
Sterling McCall Scion here in Houston offeres a package with the TRD catback and the Injen intake for like a $2000 plus. I don't think they would offer that if it voids thier warrenty.
It does void the warranty on affected components. Just because a dealer will install a aftermarket part does not imply the manufacturer will still provide warranty. Even the trd intake states the MAF will not longer be warrantable once installed.
SavEvoIX is offline   Reply With Quote