follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #99
*KID*
86-er

Drives: BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone know the part number for the jdm tail lamps?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #100
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *KID* View Post
anyone know the part number for the jdm tail lamps?
Not sure, I've been asking for part numbers since I created this list and I've only been given one. Toyota wouldn't/couldn't even give me part numbers and I doubt the merchants will had them over as that's their secret, so you have to buy from them. Which is fair, they have to make money some how.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #101
Nezz
86DESU

Drives: 86 GTS, S13, CB9
Don't know if anyone else has noted it but it's clearly visible in the brochures and promotional material in Japan that the trim level comes after the name-- It's not a GT86 or a G86 so much as an 86 GT Limited / 86 GT / 86 G / 86 RC. And yeah, the GT86 badge wasn't on any I scoped in .JP (got photos of both ends to prove it, too).

That said? This list is awesome. Lets me compare to the Australian model as well for the things I just didn't pay attention to.

PS; Going to try to see if I can get a Japanese workshop manual "electronics and interior" component. Toyota splits theirs up into lots of sections, like bodywork reference and repair and the like. So I'm going to try to get my mitts on the interior/trim/electronics one, which should cover 90% of this... Because, hey, I want some bits too.
Nezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #102
Saber_TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezz View Post
Don't know if anyone else has noted it but it's clearly visible in the brochures and promotional material in Japan that the trim level comes after the name-- It's not a GT86 or a G86 so much as an 86 GT Limited / 86 GT / 86 G / 86 RC. And yeah, the GT86 badge wasn't on any I scoped in .JP (got photos of both ends to prove it, too).

That said? This list is awesome. Lets me compare to the Australian model as well for the things I just didn't pay attention to.

PS; Going to try to see if I can get a Japanese workshop manual "electronics and interior" component. Toyota splits theirs up into lots of sections, like bodywork reference and repair and the like. So I'm going to try to get my mitts on the interior/trim/electronics one, which should cover 90% of this... Because, hey, I want some bits too.
For a while the toyota.jp site had them listed as GT86 Limited, G86, etc. They don't have it that way anymore. The European one is apparently listed as GT86 still. Regardless, people still know what's being talked about.

Glad the list was of use to you.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #103
Nezz
86DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber_TRD View Post
For a while the toyota.jp site had them listed as GT86 Limited, G86, etc. They don't have it that way anymore. The European one is apparently listed as GT86 still. Regardless, people still know what's being talked about.

Glad the list was of use to you.
The Euro one's being outright sold as a GT86, complete with badges, yeah. Only three more days and I'll finally have mine. June 23 to December 31, been rather a long ride...
Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #104
Saber_TRD

Quote:
The Euro one's being outright sold as a GT86, complete with badges, yeah. Only three more days and I'll finally have mine. June 23 to December 31, been rather a long ride...
Lucky you, I still can't get mine because the Toyota version doesn't exist over here. That and Toyota Canada refuses to get me the parts to do a conversion even though I've given them this list and I'm willing to pay.

Guess you should have the car by now, hope you're enjoying it.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #105
Saab2Frs

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I love how Scion prides itself on being customizable, but there a la carte part list is so pathetic compared to the Toyota JDM list. I know Scion needed this car to bring the Gen Y segment into the Toyota show rooms, but damn, they could have been ready to go with the TRD packages.
Saab2Frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #106
Nezz
86DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab2Frs View Post
I love how Scion prides itself on being customizable, but there a la carte part list is so pathetic compared to the Toyota JDM list. I know Scion needed this car to bring the Gen Y segment into the Toyota show rooms, but damn, they could have been ready to go with the TRD packages.
I can't believe you guys only get the stripper and we get the six-speaker frameless-mirror heated-seats leather-lined proximity-key geekfest. I mean, it's not cheap, but it's awesome. Look back to the original 86, and you guys got the power window LSD full-16-valve power-antenna pop-up-headlight motherfoogin' GTS! ... and we got the "Corolla Sprinter". Available options? Floor mats and interior colour. LSD? No. 16 valve? No. (we got like, 50 of those). Good suspension and brakes? Hell no. Power anything? Popup headlamps? No...
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #107
Saab2Frs

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS
If we want all the options then you have to go BRZ or purchase the Scion aftermarket products. I wish they just had the GT 86 in the states. Just be done with Scion. Toyota sells enough in the states to justify scrapping Scion.

Quote:
I can't believe you guys only get the stripper and we get the six-speaker frameless-mirror heated-seats leather-lined proximity-key geekfest. I mean, it's not cheap, but it's awesome. Look back to the original 86, and you guys got the power window LSD full-16-valve power-antenna pop-up-headlight motherfoogin' GTS! ... and we got the "Corolla Sprinter". Available options? Floor mats and interior colour. LSD? No. 16 valve? No. (we got like, 50 of those). Good suspension and brakes? Hell no. Power anything? Popup headlamps? No...
Saab2Frs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saab2Frs For This Useful Post:
Saber_TRD (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #108
root

Drives: Raven FR-S
Shouldnt you also list all the parts to convert to RHD? Guess I'm being a bit facetious, but to be "JDM" it really needs that.
Maybe they'll be some postal BR-Z's that you can get parts from, seeing how there are some RHD postal Subarus!
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:03 AM   #109
Saber_TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
Shouldnt you also list all the parts to convert to RHD? Guess I'm being a bit facetious, but to be "JDM" it really needs that.
Maybe they'll be some postal BR-Z's that you can get parts from, seeing how there are some RHD postal Subarus!
No, actually. You see, when the mods decided to post my thread up on the home page, they changed my post's title. The original title never said anything about a JDM conversion, only that if you wanted to convert from an Scion FR-S to Toyota GT86 limited. They also added the image of the Toyota and Scion fronts to the top of my post. I tried changing it back, but it wouldn't let me edit the title.

Edit: Scratch that. I got tired of this being pointed out so I went back to figure out how to change that title. It's corrected now, looks like you can only edit a title if you click edit then go advanced. At least I won't have to worry about it anymore.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #110
J-Money

Drives: GT-86
Can you please post Partnumbers with the accesories..
I cant get anywhere with prices and pictures.. i need the actual part #'s and i dont want you to send me to a vendor. i just need the part numbers!!!!
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #111
Saber_TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Money View Post
Can you please post Partnumbers with the accesories..
I cant get anywhere with prices and pictures.. i need the actual part #'s and i dont want you to send me to a vendor. i just need the part numbers!!!!
Sure, as soon as you find them for me.

I've had a standing request for any part numbers since I posted this thread and I've only been handed one, seriously, a single part number. I pestered Toyota for months trying to get the numbers too and they have refused to give them to me. If you think you can convince Toyota to hand them out, then be my guest and try. Feel free to take this list to them, I only ask if you find out the numbers you let me know, so I can update the post.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #112
J-Money

Drives: GT-86
The Exhaust bolt That has a spring on... The one that conncet to the cat is Part Number
SU003-01115
I snapped my in half tiggtening it to tightt. guess im to strong lol
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, fr-s, gt86, options, toyota