follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List
MisterSheep

Old 07-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #435
Detroiter

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolF_RS View Post
So, if I’m reading this properly, all I have to do is type in the same numbers as shown in the posted picture?
Yup, It's as simple as that. Just be sure to double check that it's the right table you are changing, and that it doesn't seem to be corrupted(ie. weird numbers in table that don't look right) and you're good to go
Detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #436
WolF_RS

Drives: 2015 Ultramarine Scion FR-S (MT)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Alright, cool! Thanks! Only issue now is I’m having trouble figuring out where those tables are located, and are those the only tables I need to adjust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
Yup, It's as simple as that. Just be sure to double check that it's the right table you are changing, and that it doesn't seem to be corrupted(ie. weird numbers in table that don't look right) and you're good to go
2015 Ultramarine FRS - OFT Stage 2 E85 - TRD Intake - TRD Strut Bar - Tein Street Flex - Avid.1 AV-20 18x8.5/9.5 Staggered - Muteki Burnt Blue lugs - Toyo T1 Sports F:225/40/18, R: 245/40/18 - TOMEI UEL - TOMEI OP - BERK Straight Pipe - Tomei 80R - Valenti v2 Sequential Clear/Red Tail lights/4th Brake Light - TRD Japan Short Shift - LIKEWISE Deathgrip shift knob - LIKEWISE The Love Button drift knob
WolF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:07 AM   #437
Minsekt

Drives: GT86
Quote:
Alright, cool! Thanks! Only issue now is I’m having trouble figuring out where those tables are located, and are those the only tables I need to adjust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieflyinv View Post
@504 @sqd @dhuang finally got around to this.
Just an example of my current settings for overrun, not too much has changed from my previous experiment, mind you im just starting playing with it again

First 3 tables are located in Fueling - Overrun Folder
- Overrun Initial Enrichment @ 1.2
- Fuel Cut Threshold @ 6000
- Overrun Enrichment Activation Delta @ -15
Last 2 Tables found in Ignition Timing - Advance Folder
- Rescaled the Base Timing Idle (In Gear Above Speed Threshold) table, like I mentioned before, my preference was for this to only start occurring when the engine was almost warmed up
- Raised the value in Base Timing Idle Vehicle Speed Threshold table, this helped quite a bit to avoid low speed jerkiness (10km/h because canada)

As mentioned before, may have to play with the amount of Overrun Enrichment and the values used to retard timing in the Base Timing Idle table, previous tunes were Stage 1 with Stock headers and catless overpipe, and with the stage 2 tune and no cats I have reduced Initial Enrichment from 2.8-1.8 to 1.2
Things acheived
- Lots of explosive crackles at high rpm lift,
- Crackles between shifts (with slight delay, seems to be more time related than rpm related, so OL/CL transition delay settings may potentially alter that)
- downshift bangs, lately they seem to be singular (only had this tune up again since last night) but theyre loud, though they are not rpm limited anymore, (never used to get them above 3krpm before)
- feathering popping/crackle, find that spot and it will pop endlessly, often on tip in there is a slight initial crackle, and if you have your cruise on going down hill your car will sound like automatic gunfire the whole way down 🙊 not sure if the tip in crackles can be gotten rid of, seems to be table switching delay so maybe messing with the OL/CL transition delays could reduce or eliminate that as well.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
you still might have to tweak the timings as its kinda different for each exhaust setup
Minsekt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minsekt For This Useful Post:
Detroiter (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #438
WolF_RS

Alright, I'm trying to do this, but my tables look completely different from the provided image, and I'm still somewhat confused as to what to do or how to fill out.
2015 Ultramarine FRS - OFT Stage 2 E85 - TRD Intake - TRD Strut Bar - Tein Street Flex - Avid.1 AV-20 18x8.5/9.5 Staggered - Muteki Burnt Blue lugs - Toyo T1 Sports F:225/40/18, R: 245/40/18 - TOMEI UEL - TOMEI OP - BERK Straight Pipe - Tomei 80R - Valenti v2 Sequential Clear/Red Tail lights/4th Brake Light - TRD Japan Short Shift - LIKEWISE Deathgrip shift knob - LIKEWISE The Love Button drift knob
Old 07-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #439
Detroiter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Alright, I'm trying to do this, but my tables look completely different from the provided image, and I'm still somewhat confused as to what to do or how to fill out.
Sounds like the definition file you are using is incorrect. Could you post a screen shot with all the same tables opened up?
Detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #440
WolF_RS

Definition file should match with the CAL, correct?
My CAL is: ZA1JD00C

Here are all 5 tables that were mentioned, along with the definition file I'm using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
Sounds like the definition file you are using is incorrect. Could you post a screen shot with all the same tables opened up?
Attached Images

Last edited by WolF_RS; 07-06-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #441
cwvisual

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So I’ve got this working without feathering the throttle. The only issue I’m having is occasionally the blips on downshifting (Auto) are sometimes cut short at low speeds and sound very growly and rough (almost like a dirt bike). Any idea what could be causing this? I’m thinking the timing retard is messing with the auto blips for some reason.

Edit: So I think when the auto blip occurs, the ecu doesn't recognize that the throttle is engaged and therefore starts overrun and retards the ignition. Can't seem to find a workaround for this, other than giving it a little gas when I downshift.

Last edited by cwvisual; 07-09-2017 at 07:37 PM.
cwvisual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #442
808BRZ

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwvisual View Post
So I’ve got this working without feathering the throttle. The only issue I’m having is occasionally the blips on downshifting (Auto) are sometimes cut short at low speeds and sound very growly and rough (almost like a dirt bike). Any idea what could be causing this? I’m thinking the timing retard is messing with the auto blips for some reason.

Edit: So I think when the auto blip occurs, the ecu doesn't recognize that the throttle is engaged and therefore starts overrun and retards the ignition. Can't seem to find a workaround for this, other than giving it a little gas when I downshift.

I have the 6spd manual and rev match down shifting is a problem. Not sure if the ecu is still learning but when I tried a quick blip and downshift, the engine stumbled. Happened a few times. Thinking of going back to my normal tune and just save this tune for messing around when having fun.
808BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:48 AM   #443
cwvisual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808BRZ View Post
I have the 6spd manual and rev match down shifting is a problem. Not sure if the ecu is still learning but when I tried a quick blip and downshift, the engine stumbled. Happened a few times. Thinking of going back to my normal tune and just save this tune for messing around when having fun.

I might try to play with the overrun cut off to fix this issue. Would be an incredible tune if it weren’t for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #444
s4nd

Drives: brz
Hi,
try to retard to -10degrees on load 0.2g/s from 2k to 5k rpm,but no popping sound,i also enrich on that area,i use brz turbo and ecuflash.
any suggestion?

Sand
s4nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #445
cwvisual

DIY Rom tuning for exhaust pops and backfires W/ romraider

Got a sound clip this afternoon! Pops are at the end. I’m running e85.

Exhaust mods:
Tsudo UEL catless headers
Berk muffler delete

Old 07-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #446
Stuvven

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Quote:

Exhaust mods:
Berk muffler delete

What did you use when changing it? I tried -5 but when I tuned it and was revving in neutral, it isn't popping or doing anything. I'm also running E85.
Stuvven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #447
pancake

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Exhaust mods:
Berk muffler delete

I've got the Berk muffler delete, and i've been wanting a catless UEL.

How does the sound compare? Did it add a lot of rasp?

Was drone reduced?
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #448
cwvisual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuvven View Post
What did you use when changing it? I tried -5 but when I tuned it and was revving in neutral, it isn't popping or doing anything. I'm also running E85.

If you are changing the “in gear” table it won’t pop in neutral, only while driving above the speed threshold. If you want it to pop in neutral simply make the same changes to the neutral table.