follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #127
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,883 Times in 2,027 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
My kids use the back seats.
You want a 2 seat RWD manual, buy a MX5 RF.
Don't want convertible. Want fixed-roof coupe.

Quote:
You want a hatchback, buy a Corolla, you want AWD, get a Golf R.
Why do people want to turn this sports coupe into something it isn't?
I would like to see a whole family based on a small, lightweight rwd platform. 2-seat sports car, 2+2 coupe, hatchback, 4-door a la Datsun 510, 5-door hatch, bring 'em I say! (not gon happen I know)

Quote:
If it was a hatch it would look like every other Hyundai or Kia or Coralla or Golf, which IMO, whilst you can transport a desk of draws, they look rubbish.
You know that the Jag E-type coupe was a hatchback. Also, Datsun 240Z, Supra, a whole host of cars that look nothing like a Corolla. Hatchbacks are (or can be) cool...

Quote:
Keep the coupe, stop the stupid.
Coupe is fine, but plenty of cars have come as both coupes and hatchbacks over the years. Including the car that the FT86 is *really* the resurrection of: S13 240SX. And for years the Z was available as a short-wheelbase 2-seater and a longer-wheelbase 2+2. Why not, I say...

I would like to see a greater variety of small/lightweight/fun rwd cars.
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-02-2019), winstonscifi (10-02-2019), WolfpackS2k (10-09-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #128
winstonscifi

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Red Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Keep the coupe, stop the stupid.[/QUOTE]

Golly, I get the feeling that you think my opinion is stupid. I certainly didn't mean to make anyone angry. I thought the OP wanted everyone's opinion. Sorry...
winstonscifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #129
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Drives: EFF JAY
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
Very strange, my BRZ requires and thrives on revs. What you're describing is torque never recovering after the dip. It definitely should wake up from 5k on up. It sounds like maybe you have an issue with the VVT? My first dyno run the oil wasn't up to temp and it was limp above dip rpm and only pulled ~155rwhp. Subsequent runs were all identical at ~172rwhp. Have you dynoed it?
I've never dyno'd. Every time I floor it on 1st gear, even to this day, I honestly look down and double check if I left the traction control on or if I am accidently in 3rd gear instead of 1st. Not kidding here.
iLuveKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #130
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonscifi View Post
Golly, I get the feeling that you think my opinion is stupid. I certainly didn't mean to make anyone angry. I thought the OP wanted everyone's opinion. Sorry...

It is a wish list thread so anything goes really.
I personally just find it very interesting that most of the wishes turn it into a car that already exists from other manufacturers or are so radically different from what it is now that to keep the same name is silly. People are looking for a ground up change which is just not likely to happen.
Dadhawk (10-02-2019), winstonscifi (10-02-2019), WolfpackS2k (10-09-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 10:21 AM   #131
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup View Post
I've never dyno'd. Every time I floor it on 1st gear, even to this day, I honestly look down and double check if I left the traction control on or if I am accidently in 3rd gear instead of 1st. Not kidding here.
There is something seriously wrong with your car then.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #132
Goingnowherefast

Drives: AP2 S2000, 91 Miata 1.8L Rotrex 5MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
-Port over the FA24DIT from the Ascent. No changes to the engine itself.
-Keep same transmission (with uprated clutch/flywheel)
-Same chassis
-Largely same chassis tuning
-Up to a 225 square setup instead of the 215
-Minor exterior "refresh". Body only.
-Minor interior updates
-Optional performance package gets some "1LE" like things like oil coolers, different ABS tuning, and no lift shift like all the GM performance vehicles have. $2,000 option.

Increase the price ~$2,500 as most models tend to go up anyways.

That's what I'd like to see for the next generation.
JesseG (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #133
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
Where is the hatch render?

Shooting brake style, no thanks

My 2015 WRX STI looked like a Kia with a wing, only got it because it was a fun 4 door family car.

My God, barf is right. Lol
The twins should always be a 2+2 sporty coupe. It’s one of the few car designs left that isn’t overdone styling wise.

And I STI’s, but they’ve lost some of that quirkinesses I used to really like in the bugeye version. (Same for the WRX)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #134
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,186 Times in 593 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I hope they give everything that the haters have complained about. I want them to give it a turbo, 260hp, brembos, weigh in at 2600 lbs, lower COG, blah blah blah. On paper I want it to be amazing.

Upon release there will be great praise as the car has "been fixed"! Everything will be fine for a while. Then some Kyle will blow one up before 10k miles doing donuts at a cars and coffee. Then it will start to become an epidemic. Threads will infect this forum with stories of them blowing up "for no reason". Re-calls will make matters worse. The track guys will start blowing up left and right like every other forced induction Subaru. Then, everyone will covet and respect the first gen as the most fun version and praise it for being the amazing car that it is. - and that is what I wish. lol.

For real tho, keep it as close to the same as the first gen as they can. I like simple lightweight rwd cars. As little nannies as possible (just more stuff for me to rip out on its way to becoming a track car).
- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Takumi788 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-02-2019), JohnJuan (10-02-2019), new2subaru (10-02-2019), Pedro13 (10-02-2019), Spuds (10-02-2019), Tcoat (10-02-2019), xdavidx (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #135
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
Don't want convertible. Want fixed-roof coupe.

I would like to see a whole family based on a small, lightweight rwd platform. 2-seat sports car, 2+2 coupe, hatchback, 4-door a la Datsun 510, 5-door hatch, bring 'em I say! (not gon happen I know)

You know that the Jag E-type coupe was a hatchback. Also, Datsun 240Z, Supra, a whole host of cars that look nothing like a Corolla. Hatchbacks are (or can be) cool...

Coupe is fine, but plenty of cars have come as both coupes and hatchbacks over the years. Including the car that the FT86 is *really* the resurrection of: S13 240SX. And for years the Z was available as a short-wheelbase 2-seater and a longer-wheelbase 2+2. Why not, I say...

I would like to see a greater variety of small/lightweight/fun rwd cars.

I suppose the twins are a spiritual successor to a lot of different Japanese, affordable, front engine RWD cars. I didn’t think the S13 was a inspiration for Toyota or Subaru. The twins do sort of carry the flag for all of those prior fun cars. And they do a damn good job of it. This car doesn’t need to be tweaked much at all. A little bump in power, and more lighter is all it really needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #136
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
There is something seriously wrong with your car then.
Maybe that's why I'm so slow.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:15 AM   #137
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup View Post
Maybe that's why I'm so slow.
Have you tried shaking it really good and them hitting the bottom of the bottle?

Dadhawk (10-02-2019), WolfpackS2k (10-09-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #138
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Have you tried shaking it really good and them hitting the bottom of the bottle?
welp... your joke is like my power band.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY[/ame]
Old 10-02-2019, 11:32 AM   #139
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
I hope they give everything that the haters have complained about. I want them to give it a turbo, 260hp, brembos, weigh in at 2600 lbs, lower COG, blah blah blah. On paper I want it to be amazing.

Upon release there will be great praise as the car has "been fixed"! Everything will be fine for a while. Then some Kyle will blow one up before 10k miles doing donuts at a cars and coffee. Then it will start to become an epidemic. Threads will infect this forum with stories of them blowing up "for no reason". Re-calls will make matters worse. The track guys will start blowing up left and right like every other forced induction Subaru. Then, everyone will covet and respect the first gen as the most fun version and praise it for being the amazing car that it is. - and that is what I wish. lol.

For real tho, keep it as close to the same as the first gen as they can. I like simple lightweight rwd cars. As little nannies as possible (just more stuff for me to rip out on its way to becoming a track car).

If they make what people here are asking for then Kyle will not be able to afford it!

They will however sell in droves to middle aged men with lots of gold chains. They will drive it every Sunday making sure to never take the revs over 1,000 or take it out at all if there is rain in the forecast. They will proudly show it off and talk about all the specs while maintaining the mileage to under 2,000 miles a year. Engines will be barely broken in after 5 years of ownership.

Eventually enough of them will get bored and sell them which will bring the used price down to something that Kyle can afford. He will have to wait until he has enough revenue from his anime action figure unboxing videos on YouTube but that shouldn't take to long if his parents front him the cash.

Once Kyle has it he will immediately rip all the suspension out to upgrade it with $200 worth of parts from EBay, swap the engine for something 30+ years old because it needs at least 400 hp to be drivable and those old engines are the bestest ever and put 4 inch spacers on the wheels so that the fitment looks right. He will pastidip everything in the interior and the tail lights as well as install headlights that are twice as bright as the sun so he can see 26 miles ahead when driving.

Within one month he will be complaining that he has received 286 speeding tickets because the police need the cash, his insurance rates are the equivalent of the GOP of a East European country because the companies are greedy and his neighbours are all haters because they do not enjoy his 400db exhaust and pop and bang tune when he red lines it down the street at 2am.

Eventually (about a year I would guess) it will all end with "Is this totaled? It wasn't my fault since the roads had dew on them".
computeruser (10-02-2019), Dadhawk (10-02-2019), Hoahao (10-03-2019), Takumi788 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #140
Pedro13

Drives: Toyota 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post

I totally agreed with your statement Takumi. I hate when people in this forum or in one of this "expert car "magazines/sites criticize current version because is "very slow" : like if most of people know how to drive PROPERLY a car with 500 hp's or a car that make 0-60 Milles in 2 seconds... or when complain due not enough nannies to help hem to drive "safe" and "comfortable". I appreciate the F-RS/BRZ/86 in the way that is now: pure and basic drive enjoyment. Personally believe that twins are a well engineered cars, in special at this tag price. Of course have a better sports cars, but for this price? nothing.

Same wish as Takumi, hopefully Toyota/Subaru keep this car as close as it is now, only with few improvements.
Pedro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pedro13 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-02-2019)