follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
brkn86

Drives: 2002 Acura Rsx & 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replica Rocket Bunny V1 Spoiler?

Has anyone bought and installed a replica Rocket bunny V1 Gt Spoiler?

From eBay or aliexpress? or any other site
Thank you

brkn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Yes
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
pcporo (01-09-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
brkn86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Yes
Where did you purchase it from? Fitment? Any issues making it fit?
If you have photos that would be great
Old 01-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn86 View Post
Where did you purchase it from? Fitment? Any issues making it fit?
If you have photos that would be great
Oh no, I don't have it. I was just answering your original question. People have bought and installed them.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
DustinS (04-04-2018), pcporo (01-09-2018), SkyeHack (01-06-2018), Wes (03-18-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 03:01 AM   #5
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Oh no, I don't have it. I was just answering your original question. People have bought and installed them.
......... just because.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (01-06-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 04:29 AM   #6
brkn86

Quote:
lol well... do you know these people? that i can ask them questions about it lol
Old 01-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #7
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I got the aliexpress one for 450. I was very impressed with the carbon work and the fitment. IT is a bit different from the original one and I've been looking forward to running into an authentic version to really see the difference but I haven't yet.
brkn86 (01-11-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #8
brkn86

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
I got the aliexpress one for 450. I was very impressed with the carbon work and the fitment. IT is a bit different from the original one and I've been looking forward to running into an authentic version to really see the difference but I haven't yet.
What was different about it? Did you run into any issues at all? Is there any wobble to it? And how does it hold up going fast? Like 100+mph? If you have any photos you would want to share that be great!

Thank you

Last edited by brkn86; 01-07-2018 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:49 AM   #9
olsonpg

The mounting bracket to the trunk for the replica is a one piece design that the wing arms are bolted too while the authentic is a two piece design that sandwiches the arm. Although in the picture you have linked it is a sandwiched design so maybe they have changed over.

Besides that I think it is almost spot on. Easiest thing to install on the car was this wing.

Definitely no wobble at sub 100 speeds, it's on there solid.

Havent gone 100+ so can't speak +100. I've only put probably 40 miles on the car since the kit was installed a year ago -.-.

I have a few pics I could dig up for you
Old 01-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #10
brkn86

Quote:
The mounting bracket to the trunk for the replica is a one piece design that the wing arms are bolted too while the authentic is a two piece design that sandwiches the arm. Although in the picture you have linked it is a sandwiched design so maybe they have changed over.

Besides that I think it is almost spot on. Easiest thing to install on the car was this wing.

Definitely no wobble at sub 100 speeds, it's on there solid.

Havent gone 100+ so can't speak +100. I've only put probably 40 miles on the car since the kit was installed a year ago -.-.

I have a few pics I could dig up for you
one piece design? Is it secured in that design? i just quickly googled an image so i dont think thats from the aliexpress website.

for speed i cruise at an average speed of 80-85mph since you said u drive at subs 100 speeds im assuming that its solid like you said.

And if you do have photos that you would like to share i would greatly appreciate it! Also do you still like it? i wasn't sure if i wanted to spend 2K$+ on a spoiler for the authentic ver. lol
Old 01-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #11
olsonpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn86 View Post
one piece design? Is it secured in that design? i just quickly googled an image so i dont think thats from the aliexpress website.

for speed i cruise at an average speed of 80-85mph since you said u drive at subs 100 speeds im assuming that its solid like you said.

And if you do have photos that you would like to share i would greatly appreciate it! Also do you still like it? i wasn't sure if i wanted to spend 2K$+ on a spoiler for the authentic ver. lol
I've always been a fan of the V1 wing. I'm going to paint my brackets the same color as my car and the arms a nice matte silver I think. And also add some white to the top or bottom of the wing itself.

As it sits in all black It is a bit overbearing and sticks out a bit too much. I think i'll be much happier with it once it blends in a bit better with the car. Think Kei Mirua's original v1 car.

There are a few other wings/spoilder I might want to try out eventually. But for now im really happy with the wing. Once I finally get my engine done i'll finally be able to test out the robustness of the wing when i take it to the track. Its lived in on jackstands for far too long.

It is most definitely secured with its current brackets. I push and pull the car around my shop and yard just by the wing itself.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:25 AM   #12
brkn86

Quote:
I've always been a fan of the V1 wing. I'm going to paint my brackets the same color as my car and the arms a nice matte silver I think. And also add some white to the top or bottom of the wing itself.

As it sits in all black It is a bit overbearing and sticks out a bit too much. I think i'll be much happier with it once it blends in a bit better with the car. Think Kei Mirua's original v1 car.

There are a few other wings/spoilder I might want to try out eventually. But for now im really happy with the wing. Once I finally get my engine done i'll finally be able to test out the robustness of the wing when i take it to the track. Its lived in on jackstands for far too long.

It is most definitely secured with its current brackets. I push and pull the car around my shop and yard just by the wing itself.
i agree with you the v1 kit as a whole has always been my favorite. i just found out both of our builds are gunna be very similar, happy to see that you purchased the kit from iKon, i bought mine from them too, its currently sitting in my room. I haven't gotten the time to install it yet.

Oh wow seems very secure. since your pushing it on the wing lol. Have you found any pictures of it? im also interested in seeing your car as well with the updated mods!
Old 01-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #13
olsonpg

I dont have any from the rear i'll take some when my car gets back from the shop in 10 years lol.
brkn86 (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #14
brkn86

Quote:

I dont have any from the rear i'll take some when my car gets back from the shop in 10 years lol.
wow looks beautiful man thanks for sharing the pics i appreciate it! wing looks awesome too! our cars are gunna look really similiar
The Following User Says Thank You to brkn86 For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (01-11-2018)