follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #211
clflorida

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I got 3 keys. The black key fob key, the normal grey key, and the $2 no chip key. When the No chip key is in ignition and other keys are in immo bypass, car tries but doesn't start. When grey key is in ignition and black key fob is in immo bypass, car starts.

Is this due to the ring from the immo bypass being in the incorrect spot? If so, can someone plz show me where to put that? I have no idea lol.

Dez, I'm currently using the EasyGO kit for a Scion TC. As far as I know as long as you have the Scion wiring, any EasyGO kit will work. FRS kit costs 600, TC kit cost me 88 Xb is 82. The choice is yours!
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #212
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
So I got 3 keys. The black key fob key, the normal grey key, and the $2 no chip key. When the No chip key is in ignition and other keys are in immo bypass, car tries but doesn't start. When grey key is in ignition and black key fob is in immo bypass, car starts.

Is this due to the ring from the immo bypass being in the incorrect spot? If so, can someone plz show me where to put that? I have no idea lol.

Dez, I'm currently using the EasyGO kit for a Scion TC. As far as I know as long as you have the Scion wiring, any EasyGO kit will work. FRS kit costs 600, TC kit cost me 88 Xb is 82. The choice is yours!

Sounds like you dont have the bypass set up properly.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #213
clflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
Sounds like you dont have the bypass set up properly.
Put chip key in bypass box
Put immo bypass ring around ignition switch
Plug blue connector in bypass box
Plug white connector from 16-pin harness in bypass box
Put non-chip key in ignition and turn to on
Unplug key chime connector
Unplug box that ignition harness is connected to and turn to off
???
What am I missing man?? Is the Immo box just not working??
Old 07-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #214
dezmoondo

Does the harness come in different length so that you will have to extend the wires yourself? Have you notice any different from the installation? I checked the pictorial difference, they come with the same components. If that's the price difference, it might be worth it to get the TC kit and order the push start bezel and BRZ door handles separately.

Quote:

dezmoondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #215
Chaetagnath

Garage
Quote:
Put chip key in bypass box

Put immo bypass ring around ignition switch

Plug blue connector in bypass box

Plug white connector from 16-pin harness in bypass box

Put non-chip key in ignition and turn to on

Unplug key chime connector

Unplug box that ignition harness is connected to and turn to off

???

What am I missing man?? Is the Immo box just not working??

Not sure. Seems right. Only thing I can think is it is not wrapped tightly enough, or there is a loose wire somewhere. Hard to say without pictures.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #216
clflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoondo View Post
Does the harness come in different length so that you will have to extend the wires yourself? Have you notice any different from the installation? I checked the pictorial difference, they come with the same components. If that's the price difference, it might be worth it to get the TC kit and order the push start bezel and BRZ door handles separately.
As far as I know it's all the same. Just like the original post, you have to extend the door handle wires. The difference in the EasyGO kits are the ignition wires and obvious vehicle bezels.

According to the easygo box, my kit is for Toyota 2012 Camry/Frs/tc/xb/iq...so all the ignition harnesses should be the same. If you cant find a cheap tc try the others etc.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #217
dezmoondo

Quote:
As far as I know it's all the same. Just like the original post, you have to extend the door handle wires. The difference in the EasyGO kits are the ignition wires and obvious vehicle bezels.

According to the easygo box, my kit is for Toyota 2012 Camry/Frs/tc/xb/iq...so all the ignition harnesses should be the same. If you cant find a cheap tc try the others etc.
In case the easygo doesn't work, is it possible to use the old ignition switch to turn it out?
Old 07-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #218
clflorida

Quote:
In case the easygo doesn't work, is it possible to use the old ignition switch to turn it out?
Well nothing happens to your old ignition switch. You dont cut any wires or anything. You dont remove it.

You unplug the stock frs ignition harness from car ignition.
Then plug the stock frs harness into eazygo ignition harness then plug the other side of eazygo harness into car ignition.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #219
clflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
Not sure. Seems right. Only thing I can think is it is not wrapped tightly enough, or there is a loose wire somewhere. Hard to say without pictures.
Idk how to double quote yet but from your pictures(and thank you by the way for reuploading them) it looks like you just put the ring around the glowing part of the ignition...right? You didnt have to do anything wierd?

Also was your ring a perfect fit?
Old 07-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #220
dezmoondo

Quote:
Well nothing happens to your old ignition switch. You dont cut any wires or anything. You dont remove it.

You unplug the stock frs ignition harness from car ignition.
Then plug the stock frs harness into eazygo ignition harness then plug the other side of eazygo harness into car ignition.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't want to get stranded if it fails as my Frs is my daily. I just ordered the TC model since it was the last one. Now just got to source the push start bezel and door handles
Old 07-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #221
nunonuna

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Now just got to source the push start bezel and door handles
Easygo system push start button doesnt fit in OEM push start bezel. The switch itself is different. How do I know?? I have an OEM bezel.
You may need to modify OEM bezel or cut a hole somewhere to fit the switch.

Now, this makes me wonder if OEM TRD or Sti switch can be hooked to easygo brain unit. It seems like connector harnesses are different as well tho.
nunonuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #222
clflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunonuna View Post
Easygo system push start button doesnt fit in OEM push start bezel. The switch itself is different. How do I know?? I have an OEM bezel.
You may need to modify OEM bezel or cut a hole somewhere to fit the switch.

Now, this makes me wonder if OEM TRD or Sti switch can be hooked to easygo brain unit. It seems like connector harnesses are different as well tho.

If you take the black ring off it should fit. Looks a little goofy but it fits. To use the black ring you do have to modify the oem bezel.

Maybe if we had the oem switch we could just transfer the wires. But I don't have any part numbers for the switch or the bezel....
Old 07-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #223
clflorida

Figured out the ring. Gotta pinch it around the cylinder.

Then I soldered the wires to the oem handle, which did nothing.

And now my driver side window controls dont work. Hoooowww the hell.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #224
Chaetagnath

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunonuna View Post

I don't think so. I have a regular OEM switch I bought from a user on here to look at. Connections are totally different. Also, the easygo button itself serves as the emergency sensor in case the battery dies in the key fob (you take the back cover off, hold it up to the sensor and push the button over and over again, eventually the car turns on). So, I think even if you could get the OEM switch to work you would lose that functionality which is important.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaetagnath For This Useful Post:
nunonuna (07-23-2017)

Tags
easygo, remote start