follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
SwaggFPS

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Buddy Club Rails w/ Sparco EVO III Seats

I currently own the Sparco EVO III seats, but not too happy with the Sparco base and sliders. I'm 6'3" so seating with a helmet is more of an issue now than with the stock seats. So I'm considering switching over to the Buddy Club Super Low Seat Rails.

My concern is the fact that the EVO III's are a wide seat, and I'm not sure if it would fit the rail. Any one have this setup by any chance?

Mid-TN
SwaggFPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:52 AM   #2
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I feel like my EvoII is already too wide -- i've flipped the L brackets around on the front of the seat to make it work.

I have a PCI adjustable mount (https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/view...dproduct=28111) that I also tried with my Sparco and it was closer than the Buddy Clubs at getting the seat centered (though still not perfect) but I elected to use the Buddy Club rails so I could have sliders.

I think you'll have better luck with something besides the Buddy Clubs though it might require a fully custom bracket.

(I'm selling the PCI rail if you're at all interested -- shoot me a PM if so).
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e1_griego For This Useful Post:
SwaggFPS (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #3
SwaggFPS

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I feel like my EvoII is already too wide -- i've flipped the L brackets around on the front of the seat to make it work.

I have a PCI adjustable mount (https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/view...dproduct=28111) that I also tried with my Sparco and it was closer than the Buddy Clubs at getting the seat centered (though still not perfect) but I elected to use the Buddy Club rails so I could have sliders.

I think you'll have better luck with something besides the Buddy Clubs though it might require a fully custom bracket.

(I'm selling the PCI rail if you're at all interested -- shoot me a PM if so).
To be honest, I don't think those will work for me. I have long legs, so I need to have the seat as far back as the sliders allow me, which is touching the back seats. Thanks though.

If I could get a custom bracket that allows me to have the seat as far back as possible, I would opt for that. Don't really mind not having sliders.

Mid-TN
Old 06-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
No worries. The rail goes way far back, though.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
SwaggFPS

Garage
Just found these. Might work for me because they are 22.8" long. Just measured from the front mount hole to the back, where the back seat begins, its about 23". Going to give these a try. Now I just have to figure out how/where to attach the seat belt buckle.

Sparco Adjustable Mounts

Mid-TN
Old 06-07-2017, 11:35 PM   #6
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I have the EVO III and I'm 6'1 I hard mounted my seat to the sparco base. Even then I have issues with my helmet pressing against the headliner. I tried the buddyclubs, they were not any better.