follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 10-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
Miguelgomez

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tuning

I have been looking into two different tunes and could use some opinions/advice. Do y'all prefer ECUTEK tune or the Open Flash Tablet? Do ya know what tunes are available in the OFT?

Edited. Any recommended tuners in the metro atlanta area?

Last edited by Miguelgomez; 10-18-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Miguelgomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Ecutek. I want a professional tune tailored specifically to my car and gas
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
It can depend on your setup a little. If you want a little bump from stock while you do a couple mods, OFT grows with you nicely, but their maps are effectively a better than normal basemap.

My advice for new twin owners is to grab a tactrix cable and flash OFT maps on as you mod your car. Once you're happy with it's power levels, decide to go FI, or Flex fuel, get a Ecutek license and go see a tuner. Sell or keep your tactrix cable as needed.

Delicious and moto-east do really great work for e-tuning and are my recommendation if you don't have a well regarded local protuner who plays in Ecutek land.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
Miguelgomez

i thought the OFT also was sent with mods made car specific?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
Miguelgomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
It can depend on your setup a little. If you want a little bump from stock while you do a couple mods, OFT grows with you nicely, but their maps are effectively a better than normal basemap.

My advice for new twin owners is to grab a tactrix cable and flash OFT maps on as you mod your car. Once you're happy with it's power levels, decide to go FI, or Flex fuel, get a Ecutek license and go see a tuner. Sell or keep your tactrix cable as needed.

Delicious and moto-east do really great work for e-tuning and are my recommendation if you don't have a well regarded local protuner who plays in Ecutek land.
I have a added a K&N air intake and looking into some performance headers. Most likely borla.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelgomez View Post
I have a added a K&N air intake and looking into some performance headers. Most likely borla.
K&N drop in panel filter is a fine part. It'll pickup a pony or two, but not much.

This car has one header, not multiple headers, (usually V style engines end up with multiple headers.)

The Borla header is terrible. Really really junky. They crack, (V1 and V2,) they are poorly ported, and cost the same amount that some of the best on the market cost.

If you want UEL rumble in a high quality header, grab the JDL header. It's the best header on the market before you spend a noticable amount more to get into the king, the ACE header.

You'll do fine with a tactrix cable, or an OFT temporarily if you plan on more than just this, but if this is all you really want to do to the car, grab an Ecutek license and go see a good tuner.

Hope that's all helpful information!
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
Miguelgomez (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #7
Miguelgomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
K&N drop in panel filter is a fine part. It'll pickup a pony or two, but not much.

This car has one header, not multiple headers, (usually V style engines end up with multiple headers.)

The Borla header is terrible. Really really junky. They crack, (V1 and V2,) they are poorly ported, and cost the same amount that some of the best on the market cost.

If you want UEL rumble in a high quality header, grab the JDL header. It's the best header on the market before you spend a noticable amount more to get into the king, the ACE header.

You'll do fine with a tactrix cable, or an OFT temporarily if you plan on more than just this, but if this is all you really want to do to the car, grab an Ecutek license and go see a good tuner.

Hope that's all helpful information!
yea that was helpful. i'll look into the jdl headers. lets see how much i can gain fromthe cold air intake headers and a tune.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #8
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelgomez View Post
yea that was helpful. i'll look into the jdl headers. lets see how much i can gain fromthe cold air intake headers and a tune.
You will gain 1-4whp from a panel filter or a cold air intake. The gains are the same, and you won't feel them on their own. The OEM intake system is very well designed. (Subaru and Toyota have a much bigger engineering budget than aftermarket part manufactures.)

Also, again, this car does not have headers, it has a header.

Read this whole thread, and come back if you have any questions!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81493