follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #85
FullTuneZN6
Novice Drifter

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i had a guy do the speed up slow down speed off move yesterday...i think he was trying to make himself feel more manly bc he was driving a celica (gurls car)
FullTuneZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #86
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I grt a lot of big engine cars trying to get me to go AMG and V8. Lots of civics, couple mazda3. Not goin to lie I've had a go against a rsx type s, mazda3, mp5 and a couple s2k.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #87
Liquidsnake

Drives: "I drives like a Porsche"
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am a definite ass hat, I race home from work everyday, diving in and out of the car pool lane to pass people in the fast lane going 58. I weave in and out of traffic. I apologize in advance, It is nothing personal. I just believe that most drivers on the road are morons, and If I am not offensive, I will suffer...........................How ever when driving to work, I am in no rush and often ride the middle lane all the way to work, because I hate it so much.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #88
Max Schnell

Drives: Lexus GS350 F-sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I think people will race you no matter what you drive. Some people just can't stand the idea of having to be behind someone else if they have a chance to be in front.
Max Schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #89
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnwsAThngOr2AbutAThngOr2 View Post
Come on you guys, you all act so innocent. I have yet to see a single FRS/BRZ behaving. Every single one that I've seen is weaving through traffic and tailgating anyone that isn't going fast enough for their liking. One of you got on my nerves the other night...

I noticed headlights weaving through traffic in my rear view. I was in the fast lane, the "speeder" ran into a wall of traffic and I forgot about him. A minute later, clear of the wall of traffic, I started to cross the 4 lanes one at a time as my exit was coming up in 2 miles. One lane away from getting into the far right, I notice those same headlights right on my a$$. The lane to my left is open, the lane to my right is open, but this rocket scientist felt I was in his way. I got over into the far right lane and the car "sped" past me, got over in front of me, and had to slow down for the two cars in front that were going ~58mph. I wanted to get next to him and inform him of his shortcomings, but there were cars to his left going just as slow. I was over it. As an exit only lane opened up, the two slow cars in front got over. The black FRS/BRZ sped up a bit and got over in front of them. He didn't leave any room behind him, so I wanted to pass and get over. As soon as I attempted to overtake him, he swerved back into my lane, narrowly missing my bumper. I didn't think it was intentional... at first, I just figured he may have realized it was an "exit only". So, I signaled and started to get over to the right, he swerved in front of me again and hit his brakes. I got over to the left, he did the same again. Now I'm pissed. I fake right, as he goes to cut me off again, I give it a little gas and go around him. He tried to gun it and stop me from overtaking him, but you all know how that went. In his effort to be a super ***, he was stuck exiting. He got right back on the freeway.

You're not all cherubs.
Thats true, I may admit I am a bit more bold with this car, only because it is quicker than my old altima, but I dont go swerving though, I change lanes when safe. Hell I care more about the cars safety than trying to look like those ricers. But I have seen a white brz before just hauling big ass on the freeway, pretty aggressive driver. Not so cool.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #90
Splat

Drives: FR-S ultramarine
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Zero occurances..heck even frs people wont even wave or thumbs up
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #91
jlu

Drives: Asphalt AT FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
The only notable experience I had was when I stopped at a red light just ahead of a merge a bit too abruptly. The gentleman in the Tesla Roadster next to me seemed to take it as a challenge and floored it on the green and almost collided with oncoming traffic (there's a turn right after the merge). Scary.

That thing can move though.
jlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #92
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Drives: Toyota 86, Mazda RX7 RaceCar (FC3S)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
durring a car meet i was cruising with some pals and one has a e36 328 with m3 trans and diff, catless exhaust i used to own an e36 m3 so i know they are quick we rolled off the light and then both punched it i was amazed that im stock and pulled away haha. i never get reved at or challenged
DanoFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #93
sklimo
Banned

Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Haven't had anyone try to race me, but people love taking pictures of her at stop lights!!
sklimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #94
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
I've had the occasional Mustang or riced out honda try to get me to race at lights. What's a lot more common is people in other sports/sporty cars who feel the need to pass me on the freeway. Some are just getting a good look, for others its a very I think it just makes them feel good to think they're faster. This seems to happen me a lot with Audis for some reason.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #95
ap5512

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Had an older guy in a CTS-V coupe trying to get past me on a busy road....he was trying desperately to catch up to my car and pass me but had a very difficult time overtaking the cars in front of him to catch up to me. When he did he slowed down next to me and I just shook my head at him in disbelief. Disbelief because I couldn't fathom someone with a 550hp CTS-V trying to race a 200hp car...I really like the CTS-V but in this case it seemed like the late 40-something year-old was compensating for something...
ap5512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #96
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Nothing yet but it's only a matter of time until some overzealous street racing idiot shows up. When I first got my Nissan, I had Evo's trying to mess with me. Another case was some redneck in a newer model Grand Prix, I think he had a mullet too.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #97
Splat

Drives: FR-S ultramarine
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap5512 View Post
Had an older guy in a CTS-V coupe trying to get past me on a busy road....he was trying desperately to catch up to my car and pass me but had a very difficult time overtaking the cars in front of him to catch up to me. When he did he slowed down next to me and I just shook my head at him in disbelief. Disbelief because I couldn't fathom someone with a 550hp CTS-V trying to race a 200hp car...I really like the CTS-V but in this case it seemed like the late 40-something year-old was compensating for something...
Thats such bs , late 40 something comment, what is your excuse for all the 20 something that do it?
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #98
Cameronghanson

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Thats such bs , late 40 something comment, what is your excuse for all the 20 something that do it?
Same thing. Compensation knows no age.
Cameronghanson is offline   Reply With Quote