follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Takuro

Drives: Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FRS got T-boned

It was Friday evening and I was heading to collegestation to visit girlfriend for the weekend since she was taking summer school (first time to visit her place near the university). I was at a light at an intersection near the freeway. Light turns green and I go. About a second or two going, I hear tires screeching and see a white car who ran the red skidding towards me from the drivers side. Bam. I haven't even owned the car for 2 months. Here's the damage:

Everytime I saw posts about the curse, I always brushed it off thinking that it was just plain bad luck for some people. But man... I guess there is a curse. Hopefully the insurance totals the car and doesn't try to repair it. The damage is to the fender, door, wheel, suspension, and possibly more behind the sheet metal. The side curtain and seat airbags also deployed. What do you guys think? Totaled?
Takuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Jesus.... man this blows, so much of this happening lately, scary.... Well I am glad you are ok... people suck. Period. From just the pictures, I am unsure if it's total worthy but I it is as well. It will never be the same afterwards.

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
-2009 Honda Green/Black CBR600RR
Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
With the airbags deployed and everything else you described I would think totaled. Sorry to hear about the accident, but am glad to hear everyone was okay. Things could have been much worse....
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Glad you're ok! That's all that matters. Cars are just toys. Money is is a tool.
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueSTaR For This Useful Post:
Bailey239 (06-27-2013), CamryDS (06-24-2013), Meehow86 (06-27-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Takuro

Drives: Firestorm FRS
Yeah, I just got a long cut on my neck from the seatbelt, but everyone including the other car were okay. I just hope the insurance takes care of this in a timely matter. I don't want to be out of a car too long which means I'll have to borrow my dad's truck often. I'm just glad that the car was able to protect me. The FRS is pretty strong and sturdy.
Takuro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Takuro For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (07-10-2013), Ryeong86 (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
GTM_Challenge

Drives: On track
The laws in Texas are funny. A vehicle can still have a clean title after an accident unless the damage to the vehicle was 100% or more of the vehicles value (at least it could in 2010 when a friend had an accident).

Laws vary state to state, and all insurance companies have their own thresholds as well.
GTM_Challenge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTM_Challenge For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Get fully checked out by a doctor, many accident injuries mask themselves well or don't fully surface until a little later. Glad to hear that you seem to be okay.

The airbag deployment works in your favor to be totaled; just depends on the frame/chassis at this point...but I have a feeling it won't be totaled.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
2pt5RS (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuro View Post
Yeah, I just got a long cut on my neck from the seatbelt, but everyone including the other car were okay. I just hope the insurance takes care of this in a timely matter. I don't want to be out of a car too long which means I'll have to borrow my dad's truck often. I'm just glad that the car was able to protect me. The FRS is pretty strong and sturdy.
You should be getting a rental car from the other person who caused the accident's company. I assume they were at fault and have insurance?

Also, I would really push to get a new car. If you need to lawyer up, do it. I would be adamant that I don't want anything but a brand new replacement since if they decide to repair your car, it will most likely never be the same, and the damage will show up on a Carfax report and value subtracted.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
You should be getting a rental car from the other person who caused the accident's company. I assume they were at fault and have insurance?

Also, I would really push to get a new car. If you need to lawyer up, do it. I would be adamant that I don't want anything but a brand new replacement since if they decide to repair your car, it will most likely never be the same, and the damage will show up on a Carfax report and value subtracted.
This. He seems worried about paying for things and it's not his fault?
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
s3xy_burrito
Taco Flavored Kisses 💋💋💋

Drives: Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry to see this. Look on the brighter side, your still here and breathing.
A day before your accident I got rear ended while my car was parked. The 19 yr old girl at fault said she "blacked out" at the wheel with a baby in the back seat. Totaled her car, along with my girlfriends' uncle's Honda odyssey (paid off two months before this event), and pushed it with enough force to hit the rear bumper of my car.

Instagram: tilted_h3ro
s3xy_burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Get fully checked out by a doctor, many accident injuries mask themselves well or don't fully surface until a little later. Glad to hear that you seem to be okay.

The airbag deployment works in your favor to be totaled; just depends on the frame/chassis at this point...but I have a feeling it won't be totaled.
This. I work for a chiropractor and a ton of people that come in are hurting because they didn't get checked out after an accident and six months later they are in pain.

Get better, and hopefully you and your car will be back on the road soon.
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
jdubious

Drives: 13 Scion FR-S
I have feeling they are going to want to repair that. I'll be interested in hearing how it goes.
jdubious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuro View Post
Get a rental on the other person's insurance...you are entitled to it
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Sorry to hear this. Obviously you were injured in the accident and should be compensated for that. However, for the claim to have any value at all you have to have incurred medical expenses. See a doctor as soon as you can to make sure your aches and pains aren't serious. You never know, they could sometimes not show up for several days and then last a long time.

Yes, the other person's insurance company should put you in a rental car till the matter of your car is resolved. whether repaired or totaled..
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote