follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
thermobox

Drives: 16 Impreza 5dr CWP
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warning - Double Orders

Hi All,

I just wanted to put this out there for all to see and hope all are aware of the situation.

I recently had a customer who was researching the BRZ and different dealers in their respective area. They reached out to me to see if there was a more attractive offer that would make it worth their while to go with me.
I was unable to offer anything of worth to make the deal "sweeter" for the customer, I guess. They respectfully declined a Factory Order with me and went with a dealer closer to home. I congratulated them on their decision and let them know I would still be there in any way that I could be.

Now I'm bringing this up because the customer was very honest and upfront as to their intentions. They could have simply gotten a place in my "line" for the car to see if I would receive it sooner.

Moral of the story is, don't complete multiple Factory Orders. Subaru will track it down and shut one or both down if the contact info is the same.

If you have already done so you should be ready to either pick one dealer or maybe lose your place in line.

C/N: Don't perform multiple Factory Orders to get the car sooner than the other dealer.
thermobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
This is nice to know!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
This is nice to know!
Yep... I'm sure some did this, but never would have been an issue if Subaru wasn't so stingy on production and the drip drip delivery each month.

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
xrs

Drives: 02 Mitsubishi Mirage
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
Yep... I'm sure some did this, but never would have been an issue if Subaru wasn't so stingy on production and the drip drip delivery each month.
I ran into this issue with the 2012 Impreza believe it or not. Took us a month and a half to get ours, a car that's supposed to be a higher volume vehicle. In their defense, they were still dealing with production issues due to the Tsunami in Japan but production and vehicle arrivals were still quite slow even after they delayed the car a good 4 - 5 months.
Attached Images

xrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Or they will use the extra order information to jack up over MSRP even more?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote