follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #29
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdict View Post
Got a call from my dealer this morning... asking if I wanted the Bespoke for a whopping $845.00 upgrade price... said "not a chance", asked about delivery, was told "a week or so..."
I know that the car is in at the Scarborough yard, so WTF? A ~week~ to get across the city? Are they pushing it all the way? Still no confirmation on total price as well. Must be some damned complicated calculations going on.

They only launch I've seen so mishandled was of the Shelby GT from Ford.

Glad to ~some~ folks getting their cars in the GTA... enjoy!

I feel your pain. I think my car is here also but not released from the holding yard.

From what I've managed to find, Scion Canada is the ones in control of the deliveries to dealerships. It's up to them to send the trucks to and from the dealership to deliver the cars. So really it doesn't sound like this is something the dealer has control over.

Even my sales guy yesterday said "we've tried getting access to the yard in the past but they won't let us in." The cars are only 5 minutes away.

So yeah, I'm stuck waiting for delivery also. All I can suggest is bother your sales guy and ask him to call Scion Canada for you to find out when the next truck will get there.

bneale
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bneale For This Useful Post:
wheeladdict (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #30
wheeladdict

Drives: '07 FJ - '13 FR-S : H8R MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
"5 minutes away"... wow, that ~must~ be painful indeed...

I'd be over there, hangin' at the fence 'til they sent security after me, lol.

I've bugged my sales guy and sales manager enough for now, as I said, no final price yet, so I don't want to antagonize them any more than necessary.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
bneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdict View Post
"5 minutes away"... wow, that ~must~ be painful indeed...

I'd be over there, hangin' at the fence 'til they sent security after me, lol.

I've bugged my sales guy and sales manager enough for now, as I said, no final price yet, so I don't want to antagonize them any more than necessary.

I'm not joking either. It is literally only 5 minutes away. I'm actually going to go down there and see if anything is moving today.

I'm so excited to finally get this car! I can't wait any longer. Personally I've been waiting since March of 2011 to get a brand new car. I've been saving $500 - $1000 a month just to do this.

So yeah, It's personally been a long road for me and now that I'm so close to the end, I just want it to be over.

bneale
Old 06-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Car better be here today for me

Ben let me know if you still see them or if you hear anything from OR I'll do the same

I already tried calling Ahmed no answer.

Was told I would get my car yesterday then was told today the car should be in by 12 lastest and now I can't even get a hold of anyone

I am worried
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #33
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Lol. People need to relax. Lol! I know you are all anxious, I am too as well. But just relax, you'll get your car!

I'm waiting, and wondering if there Wil be any news from mazda lol! Hahaha! I am such a bandwagoner lol.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #34
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
I got access to my work computer today and the first thing I did was change my desktop to a picture of a white FR-S. I really want to see the firestorm color. I'm thinking of those two colors loo.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #35
bneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloon View Post
I got access to my work computer today and the first thing I did was change my desktop to a picture of a white FR-S. I really want to see the firestorm color. I'm thinking of those two colors loo.
I just went to the port to see if Mr.Jay's car and My car have moved. They have not. They are still sitting there on the left hand lot. But on the upside, all of the cars have dissappeared.

While I was there I did see that they got 3 new cars. They had 2 red cars and 1 orange car parked right next to our 2 blue ones. So I think what they've done is gather the cars up for the next truck.

I'm hoping its here tomorrow. I've done everything except write the final cheque. I'm pre-approved for my loan and everything. It's a total done deal for me except picking up the actual car!

I'd love to be able to take my new car to Soccer on Wednesday night.

Ben
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #36
MattM232

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm AT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
I just went to the port to see if Mr.Jay's car and My car have moved. They have not. They are still sitting there on the left hand lot. But on the upside, all of the cars have dissappeared.

While I was there I did see that they got 3 new cars. They had 2 red cars and 1 orange car parked right next to our 2 blue ones. So I think what they've done is gather the cars up for the next truck.

I'm hoping its here tomorrow. I've done everything except write the final cheque. I'm pre-approved for my loan and everything. It's a total done deal for me except picking up the actual car!

I'd love to be able to take my new car to Soccer on Wednesday night.

Ben
I got an email saying my car was in Vancouver on Monday (mine is a Firestorm) so either one of those there is mine or they shipped it

Marloon I took some pics of the Firestorm FR-S demo, it looks amazing in person
Attached Images

MattM232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
PACMAN

Drives: 2003 Shitfire (Sunfire)
wow beauty in red. I need to get out there and test drive it
Old 06-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #38
MattM232

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACMAN View Post
wow beauty in red. I need to get out there and test drive it
I had ordered a Red and was unsure about it (considered going Ultramarine), but now that I've seen it in person the Red is absolutely gorgeous.

The dealership is just off the QEW by Bronte. They keep the car out all day but it goes into a basement around 8
Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #39
bneale

For those of you out east expecting your cars to come via Train, I saw HUGE line up of cars waiting to be loaded onto rail cars.

There must have been atleast 10 different FR-S's ready to be loaded. All different colours. I saw atleast 2 red ones on the end of the line followed by a ashpalt, silver, blue, and I think white.

So yeah, for those guys waiting, I just saw a huge pile of them ready to be sent.

This is seperate from the cars I was speaking about earlier.

Ben

Last edited by bneale; 06-05-2012 at 06:25 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bneale For This Useful Post:
MattM232 (06-05-2012), Minovsky (06-06-2012), Oilers99 (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #40
MattM232

Garage
Thanks Ben, I can't wait!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #41
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
For those of you out east expecting your cars to come via Train, I saw HUGE line up of cars waiting to be loaded onto rail cars.

There must have been atleast 10 different FR-S's ready to be loaded. All different colours. I saw atleast 2 red ones on the end of the line followed by a ashpalt, silver, blue, and I think white.

So yeah, for those guys waiting, I just saw a huge pile of them ready to be sent.

This is seperate from the cars I was speaking about earlier.

Ben
Of all the the people on this forum I am rooting for you to get your car sooner than later, Your drives out to docks to check on our cars here in the east were very helpful to those of us that are as excited about the car as yourself. Having received mine today ( put my deposit down in february )
Your early posts of the cars coming in to port only heightened the anticipation of the car for myself and others on this board. Just so you know, the wait is well worth it as the car will exceed your expectations.

Thanks to everyone who have made this buying experience so unique.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pbrown For This Useful Post:
bneale (06-06-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #42
Dusky

Drives: X3, 350z
Bit of a letdown... I was told by my local dealer (Oakville) that the waiting list for the BRZ is now 6 months.
Dusky is offline   Reply With Quote