follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 02-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
HSayaovong

Drives: blk;2dr;rwd;fun
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FI and Emissions in Wisconsin

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here happen to live in one of the 7 counties in Wisconsin that has to do the OBDii emissions.

I want to get a SC vortech kit but I dont want to spend the extra money for a CARB cert. and would rather spend it on a custom tune. But without the little lable on the SC kit stating the CARB #, will I be able to pass emissions? since CARB is only for California emissions regulations right?

I would like some concrete answers please if you have them...

thankx
Old 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
SamS

Drives: '13 BRZ, '99 Forester,'06 Duc S2R1k
My response from when you asked the same thing last week:
Quote:
All you need is a tune that won't throw any codes that turn your check engine light on. The Milwaukee Metropolitan area is actually more strict than CARB, and the law states that any intake modification is illegal, but they'll only pop the hood if you fail the OBD test multiple times.
You don't need a CARB sticker, they won't know what it is. Just don't tell them that the car is modified and let them scan the OBD. As long as you don't have any check engine light or readiness issues you'll be fine.
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
HSayaovong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
My response from when you asked the same thing last week:

You don't need a CARB sticker, they won't know what it is. Just don't tell them that the car is modified and let them scan the OBD. As long as you don't have any check engine light or readiness issues you'll be fine.
I was asking for first hand experience, If that is how you've experience it in the past in Milwaukee then great. I was asking again hoping that others in the Milwaukee area may have a had experience dealing with FI cars that were originally NA.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
SamS

Drives: '13 BRZ, '99 Forester,'06 Duc S2R1k
Yep, that is based on my experience with both a turbo'd Subaru Impreza 2.5TS as well as a turbo'd Miata.
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
HSayaovong

Cool, hope all goes well for me as well, gonna do the oft/vortech combo come this spring.