follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
majixmatrix
BRZ Wannabee

Drives: 2013 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flex Fuel OFT Tune with Upstream O2 Sensor?

I recently purchased a used Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel kit and it says to utilize the downstream O2 sensor during installation. I find this odd because the upstream sensor is a wideband, and I have a spacer on my downstream O2 sensor in order to pass inspection with my catless header.

Would Shiv be able to write a Flex Fuel tune using the upstream O2 sensor and not the downstream sensor? If the downstream sensor is required, can I leave the spacer installed?

Thanks! Looking to go E85 in the spring along with some other goodies.
majixmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:07 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Think your misunderstanding whats happening.

All flex systems and tunes require the front or primary o2 sensor to be in use.

the rear 02 sensor inpt can be repurposed to become the flex fuel sensor input or you can use the evap pressure input on connector A35 pin20 of exu.

Most comercial flex kits will use rear o2 an input for flex however some dont one of these is the OFT flex tune and flex kit. So you should be able to use your deliceous flex kit with oft tune by just doing a little rewiring and send the signal wire to the evap input, you may also need to source the volts and earth as well as some rear o2 connect kits source volt and earh from rear 02 sensor plug.

then you can keep you rear 02 in place and run flex sensor via oft tune.

ecutek can also do this
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delicious, flexfuel, oft, shiv