follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #141
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearny Mesa Scion View Post
i could care less if i get flamed. its a forum everyone is entitled to their opinion. if someone came in here and said vettel was a better driver than hamilton, i could say a million reasons why hamilton is better.

people gave his (brz driver) credentials and like i said before, it was fixed or he (they) wanted a closer race between the two cars. if the guy has that much seat time in cars that has two to three times as much power in a professional racing association/league, then he shouldn't be making the mistake of a braking point of 2700lb 200hp car.

hey! i don't know the premise of this japanese variety auto show. do they test for real or are they having fun out there, or both. i would think if they're posting lap times and 1/4 mile times, they wanted to see how both cars fared against each other. if that was the case i wouldn't have let the GT pass and the GT wouldn't have had the chance unless the BRZ driver made a mistake. they're both in identical cars and both were competent drivers with plenty of seat time.
Yes, you're correct. This is a forum & everyone is entitle to their opinion. BUT when you stating like a fact, it's not an opinion anymore.

Secondly, if you think these drivers get 5~7 hrs of driving the car, you must be crazy. They get about 10 laps average, not 30~50 laps here. They do warm up lap (2~3 laps). After that, have time attact (1~3 laps) and they race (3~5 laps) and that's pretty much it. Again all the drivers aren't gods (except Senna IMO), just lapping 7~10 times (not in the row), they can't get 100% potential of this car.

Again, we don't give a damn, if this was so you called "fixed". They keep the race to certain level, but have a fun time racing it and they tell us pros & cons of the cars. We enjoyed watching it, that's BMI try to do. BUT out of nowhere someone say "BRZ driver sucked or this must be fixed." of course we gonna say "GTFO!"
Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #142
Hanzo

Drives: Waiting for the ND Miata
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
I think if the race was longer (say 15 laps) the BRZ would gain the upper hand since tire wear will be much dramatic on the GT86.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #143
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't think I've ever seen so much debate over a best motoring review. Its an entertainment show first and foremost. Watch it, smile, have a laugh. It's supposed to be fun.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #144
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
I think if the race was longer (say 15 laps) the BRZ would gain the upper hand since tire wear will be much dramatic on the GT86.
True, Tsuchiya-San love going side ways. Lol I have only seen Hattori-San going side ways while track once in BMI (w modded 350z).
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #145
Kearny Mesa Scion

Drives: It's Slow but it Handles.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Yes, you're correct. This is a forum & everyone is entitle to their opinion. BUT when you stating like a fact, it's not an opinion anymore.

Secondly, if you think these drivers get 5~7 hrs of driving the car, you must be crazy. They get about 10 laps average, not 30~50 laps here. They do warm up lap (2~3 laps). After that, have time attact (1~3 laps) and they race (3~5 laps) and that's pretty much it. Again all the drivers aren't gods (except Senna IMO), just lapping 7~10 times (not in the row), they can't get 100% potential of this car.

Again, we don't give a damn, if this was so you called "fixed". They keep the race to certain level, but have a fun time racing it and they tell us pros & cons of the cars. We enjoyed watching it, that's BMI try to do. BUT out of nowhere someone say "BRZ driver sucked or this must be fixed." of course we gonna say "GTFO!"
its still an opinion because its my personal view that the BRZ driver sucked. posters mentioned who he was and presented his credentials, then it became a fact that this naoki-san was a professional racing driver. then it became clear and a fact that he slowed down for the GT.

these are professional drivers and it could even be nascar driver. it doesn't matter if the GT driver drove the prototype, it doesn't matter if they have 1/2 lap in the BRZ before taping, they get paid to drive. if Senna drove the BRZ he would know the limits of the car in every aspect of acceleration and braking within a lap if not less. since you like senna so much after the T.G. special and the documentary. did senna after driving a pre-production nsx drive it gently right out of the gate to get to know the car? cars like the nsx and GT/BRZ is not a handful for professional "racing" drivers, they will know the limit quicker than any of us even if we did 100 laps with the car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwJsOECGBU"]Ayrton Senna - Honda NSX @ Suzuka - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izaWlKxVo1A"]Ayrton Senna - Honda NSX - Suzuka [ONBOARD] - YouTube[/ame]

again, he slowed down for a reason, out of respect, a closer race. we don't know but the BRZ should've won the race barring any mistakes. again, i get it. its a variety tv auto show and not an F1 Gran Prix race for the 2012 championship.
San Diego's #1 Volume Dealer Since 2003
www.kmscion.com
Kearny Mesa Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #146
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
its still an opinion because its my personal view that the BRZ driver sucked. posters mentioned who he was and presented his credentials, then it became a fact that this naoki-san was a professional racing driver. then it became clear and a fact that he slowed down for the GT.

these are professional drivers and it could even be nascar driver. it doesn't matter if the GT driver drove the prototype, it doesn't matter if they have 1/2 lap in the BRZ before taping, they get paid to drive. if Senna drove the BRZ he would know the limits of the car in every aspect of acceleration and braking within a lap if not less. since you like senna so much after the T.G. special and the documentary. did senna after driving a pre-production nsx drive it gently right out of the gate to get to know the car? cars like the nsx and GT/BRZ is not a handful for professional "racing" drivers, they will know the limit quicker than any of us even if we did 100 laps with the car.

again, he slowed down for a reason, out of respect, a closer race. we don't know but the BRZ should've won the race barring any mistakes. again, i get it. its a variety tv auto show and not an F1 Gran Prix race for the 2012 championship.
2 things:
1. Senna help Honda make NSX, so of course he can push it to the limit.
2. I knew about Senna WAY before the documentary, so don't make it sound like I just barely found out who Senna was.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #147
Kearny Mesa Scion

Quote:
2 things:
1. Senna help Honda make NSX, so of course he can push it to the limit.
2. I knew about Senna WAY before the documentary, so don't make it sound like I just barely found out who Senna was.
ok. i'll give you that.

here's jenson in a s2000 at silverstone. warm up lap and a hot lap.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1omexSxiKI"]A lap of Silverstone with Jenson Button - YouTube[/ame]

ok. which F1 teams did senna drive for before he won his three championships with mclaren without googling? quickly...quickly...

www.kmscion.com
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #148
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
ok. i'll give you that.

here's jenson in a s2000 at silverstone. warm up lap and a hot lap.

ok. which F1 teams did senna drive for before he won his three championships with mclaren without googling? quickly...quickly...

That vid isn't really showing anything. He's not pushing the S2k.

You know this is going off-topic now. But I'll answer this, Lotus-Renault.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #149
Kearny Mesa Scion

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhqCINEsOUU"]Jenson Button drives Honda Civic Type R 2007 Promo Video - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjEQDNXlhU"]McLaren MP4-12C Driven by F1 Aces Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button - YouTube[/ame] - "he's flat out"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prRA0enMgao"]Fernando Alonso drives Ferrari 458 Spider - YouTube[/ame]

even chris harris was flat out in the infamous GT video with his short in the car.
www.kmscion.com
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #150
Kearny Mesa Scion

Quote:
That vid isn't really showing anything. He's not pushing the S2k.

You know this is going off-topic now. But I'll answer this, Lotus-Renault.
trust me he's pushing it.

EEEEEeeng. Toleman one (84) year and Lotus the year after from 85 to 87.
www.kmscion.com
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #151
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
trust me he's pushing it.

EEEEEeeng. Toleman one (84) year and Lotus the year after from 85 to 87.
All vids they're just driving solo or/& for fun, doesn't prove anything

Again we're going off-topic.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #152
twkstr

Drives: NB Miata
Quote:
then he shouldn't be making the mistake of a braking point of 2700lb 200hp car.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6OkComcULo"]SUPER BATTLE Race Day - Best Motoring International - YouTube[/ame]

Watch what happens to the NSX-R when it's driver continues to "miss the braking point".

(+ it's one of the more entertaining BM battles)
twkstr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twkstr For This Useful Post:
Deslock (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #153
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twkstr View Post
Watch what happens to the NSX-R when it's driver continues to "miss the braking point".

(+ it's one of the more entertaining BM battles)
Thanks for posting... I hadn't seen that one yet and it was indeed fun to watch.
Deslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #154
Kearny Mesa Scion

Quote:
All vids they're just driving solo or/& for fun, doesn't prove anything

Again we're going off-topic.
the point of the vids was professional racing drivers don't need laps or to drive the prototype to get comfortable with the car. they'll know the limit right away and their foot is always to the floor from get go.
www.kmscion.com